• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ya know I do wonder if instead of a culling if, like Arsenal, we got in a super player, if it would motivate the rest. I read this thread when Arsenal lost to Villa, now i read it and there is alot of flip floppers who wrote half their team off and now tip them for top 2.

Who knows what a genuinely world class player could do for our midfield and the rest of the team.

Tbh, forget transfers and tactics.

Right now my impression is that the players aren't not really playing for Moyes. Players can play badly but they should be trying and there's been quite a few games this season already where it seems to me like they're not.

That's pretty worrying. The other stuff can be fixed.

Well Yes:
Valencia
Cleverly
Nani
Young
Evra

Can be front of the culling.

Then you have shit like Rafael not playing in every game, even though he is our best RB.

I mean how many different mid field combos we have had this year...

Ya know I do wonder if instead of a culling if, like Arsenal, we got in a super player, if it would motivate the rest. I read this thread when Arsenal lost to Villa, now i read it and there is alot of flip floppers who wrote half their team off and now tip them for top 2.

Who knows what a genuinely world class player could do for our midfield and the rest of the team.

I think Arsenal always had a better qualify midfield, Ozil has just made it even more good - WIlshere, Walcott, Arteta. I would have taken Arteta over Fellani.

RaikuHebi

Banned
iFMRtrmrs1Yqv.gif
Haha this guy was a legend!

Wilbur

Banned
We need to make a massive massive midfield signing in January, but with what's looking like a humongous struggle to get into the Champions League, we're going to have to pay a lot and we won't be attracting the best.

Plus our scouts don't seem to be very good haha.

Meier

Negredo just had a FIFA-like touch. Dammit! Thought that was a goal for sure. This keeper has not come out on two balls that seemed like he might so I think that could end up hurting them.

ElyrionX

Less than half the season is done with. We've had some poor performances but now is not the time to panic yet. We came off a string of decent results and are now getting a string of poor results. It's not the end of the world. Our performance today was bad but it's not as if Ferguson didn't have such games before (admittedly, very rarely when we play at OT).

Stay strong, United GAF.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
We need to make a massive massive midfield signing in January, but with what's looking like a humongous struggle to get into the Champions League, we're going to have to pay a lot and we won't be attracting the best.

Plus our scouts don't seem to be very good haha.

If Arsenal can get Ozil I have to hope we can get the best, even if we have to put out a bit more. Im not a manager, i suck at fm2014 and I know fuck all about players but I really hope a genuinely world class player can come and change our fortunes in midfield.

The only positive we can take from all this is Moyes has to realise how shit out midfield is and in the long run one shit season, one horrific season, can be put into perspective if the long term decisions are made.

Ashes

Banned
I think the Valencia move killed the game more than anything else. The team was already unbalanced and getting over run in midfield.

Zaha substitution also did little to change the game in favour of Man Utd.

I think Anderson coming in place of a winger to make it for 4-3-3 could have worked. But what do I know about football.

Wilbur

Banned
Less than half the season is done with. We've had some poor performances but now is not the time to panic yet. We came off a string of decent results and are now getting a string of poor results. It's not the end of the world. Our performance today was bad but it's not as if Ferguson didn't have such games before (admittedly, very rarely when we play at OT).

Stay strong, United GAF.

The problem is I don't think I've ever seen a more listless final minutes under Frogson as I did today. We might not have scored, it might all have been aimless punts, but I've never seen us play with so little urgency and fight.

Moyes needs to get the players on board quickly, but you wonder why they're not playing for him.

What happens between now and January will be telling.

Fergie and Sir Bob might want to give Moyes time but tbh I can't see any reason why the Glazers would.

longdi

Banned
whats the point of united keeping moyes for the so called stability?

his performance as a top club manager has been lolwut...do they expect fergie to groom him or something?

GHG

Gold Member
How? Arteta is still much better, and is ahead of Flamini in the pecking order.

You might want to check that. Flamini has played 615 minutes of football for us in the PL vs 614 for Arteta. Arteta also plays a completely different role to Flamini in our team, so define what you mean by "better".

Wilbur

Banned
What happens between now and January will be telling.

Fergie and Sir Bob might want to give Moyes time but tbh I can't see any reason why the Glazers would.

Need to be fucking making moves NOW. Sign someone January the first. No faffing around for half the window.

I don't think the Glazers will be so hasty, it'll reflect poorly on the club, on Fergie, and on them. He'll get at least a full season I think.

LegoArmo

If anybody has watched our games this year they will realise that the most important acquisition on the field for us has been a little angry frenchman who cost us nothing.

My point is, sometimes you need both. It's a squad game, and a lot of players in United's squad are not good enough.

Need to be fucking making moves NOW. Sign someone January the first. No faffing around for half the window.

I don't think the Glazers will be so hasty, it'll reflect poorly on the club, on Fergie, and on them. He'll get at least a full season I think.
Hope so matey.

Salazar

Cleverley is a 0.00001 midfielder. Anderson's career is cooked. Giggs is 40. Jones might, if he somehow pulls it together, make it as a competent PL centre back. Carrick is currently injured and is gradually on his way out. Fletcher is ill. Nani is a waster. Young is rightly a laughing stock and a coward. Valencia is like a fucking leaky canoe that goes in circles.

Who knows ? I fucking do. A top signing won't fix that lot. Most of them need to be binned/thrown in the reserves for a season or more.

Ashes

Banned
The problem is I don't think I've ever seen a more listless final minutes under Frogson as I did today. We might not have scored, it might all have been aimless punts, but I've never seen us play with so little urgency and fight.

Moyes needs to get the players on board quickly, but you wonder why they're not playing for him.

The players had nobody to link up play with. The Valencia move was not only strategically a bad decision it was also one moyes has played before and easily prepared for in training by Newcastle.

Newcastle players knew their jobs and did it well.

Hindle

Banned
Someone here mentioned that we have "easy" fixtures coming up. Well we had easy fixtures earlier in the season and we didn't make the most of them. And we still should've gotten points at home to Everton and Newcastle. No of these fixtures are easy for this United side.

I think you've got West Ham, Hull, and Norwich for your next 3. You should beat them easily. Newcastle and Everton are great teams who shouldn't have been underestimated, which is a mistake Moyes made.

Wilbur

Banned
Hope so matey.

Carrick out has absolutely killed our season. It's nice that Moyes has absolutely pin pointed LB and CM, Fergie fucked him over in that regard with no depth in the middle. You'd hope that a few people realise the blame isn't exactly his, it's a shame he's a scapegoat when Woodward, Ferguson's recent transfer activity and the players have done a fair amount to contribute to a poor start.

Top Bottom