• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

If you saw the Everton game you saw this one, carbon copy, we got dominated in midfield, we created nothing, Newcastle scored on the break.

There is no mystery about how to beat United at the moment, its incredibly simple.

We had a shit midfield always. Fergie just had another effect on the players that no other manger can have. Now we need actual good players.

Clegg

Someone here mentioned that we have "easy" fixtures coming up. Well we had easy fixtures earlier in the season and we didn't make the most of them. And we still should've gotten points at home to Everton and Newcastle. No of these fixtures are easy for this United side.

L1NETT

iFMRtrmrs1Yqv.gif

Wooden I can't ahahahah so good.

That bit with moyes.

It's so cinematic

So moving. Incredible.

Fry

The good thing is that Liverpool always step up their game against the top sides, the bad thing is no Sturridge.

It will be hard, I can see us losing all of those matches.

Wilbur

Banned
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "It's one of the top moments in my time here, it's been 41 years we've been waiting. A magnificent performance. I know we won't get the headlines because of United and David Moyes, but we deserve them because the players were magnificent.

"I asked them to play differently today, to keep the ball and we did that. We made it difficult for them and it's a great day for us.

"I thought we were worthy, we had control and they didn't have too many moments. When the game was controlled I thought we were in charge. I thought Hatem Ben Arfa changed the game off the bench and he now knows the sort of work rate you need in this team.

"It is tough for David Moyes and I thought events worked against him with no Rooney. He's a great person and great manager and the best thing this club can do is stick by him. They've done that before and he'll come out smiling."

ElyrionX

He bought Fellaini for £27 million, he would have been sacked as soon as that deal went through by your logic.

He overpaid but who really thought Fellaini would have been so useless. Our midfield needed shoring up and he was supposed to introduce a bit of steel into it. He's been anything but.

anthonyOA

Even if we beat West Ham, our fixture list between now and January will kill us. Gonna be very tough to regain momentum earky enough into the new year to mount a top 4 challenge I fear. And as bad as Spurs have been, they're still close. Think it'll be City-Arsenal-Chelsea-Spurs in the end

Yep.

Spurs are quietly 5 or so points from 4th and that's playing "shit football". Anytime they decide to play (which normally happens over xmas) will see them go near the top four slots.

Liverpool have two amazing strikers at the moment. with one of them injured they've become a one man team. Let's see how long they can hold onto Suarez coat-tails.

Anyone think he'll be in Liverpool in Feb?

Messi

Still waiting to be proved wrong, everybody likes to talk about how i'm "sooooooooo wrong" yet nobody ever proves it. Nearly every single time United lose it's because of injuries and/or bad luck.

#MUFC 0 #NUFC 1 FT
Possession%: 47-53 |
Passes: 373-439 |
Accuracy%: 79-81 |
Final 3rd: 93-126 |
Accuracy%: 59-70 |
Shots: 8(4)-9(3)

literally outplayed by newcastle at home

KuGsj.gif

oh i need to do a shit then off into sunderland to watch us smash spurs

adios mis amigos.

There's your proof. Statistically you were outplayed.

Someone here mentioned that we have "easy" fixtures coming up. Well we had easy fixtures earlier in the season and we didn't make the most of them. And we still should've gotten points at home to Everton and Newcastle. No of these fixtures are easy for this United side.

United will not finish in top 6 even. Mark my words.

Wilbur

Banned
They were not brilliant.

Neither were Everton.

I thought Newcastle were far better today than Everton were. We were shocking, but I thought Newcastle were very very good. Couldn't fault any of their players, both centre backs got everything away from the back, the full backs played with width and drive. Midfield three were far superior to our pairing, and Remy held up the ball fantastically well. Maybe they looked better than they were because of how shit we were, but fuck it, credit where credit's due.

Moyes isnt getting sacked and I sincerely hope people start to wake up to the horrendously negative football we play and the fact that 4-5 of our players are nto good enough.7

The culling is coming, next season United will be very different

Not with Moyes you won't be.

You need a manager used to winning shit, with a winning mentality. Moyes hasn't got that and it has quickly transfered to the players.

Tbh, forget transfers and tactics.

Right now my impression is that the players aren't not really playing for Moyes. Players can play badly but they should be trying and there's been quite a few games this season already where it seems to me like they're not.

That's pretty worrying. The other stuff can be fixed.

#MUFC 0 #NUFC 1 FT
Possession%: 47-53 |
Passes: 373-439 |
Accuracy%: 79-81 |
Final 3rd: 93-126 |
Accuracy%: 59-70 |
Shots: 8(4)-9(3)

literally outplayed by newcastle at home

KuGsj.gif

oh i need to do a shit then off into sunderland to watch us smash spurs

adios mis amigos.

Hope you win.

Seeing both Moyes and AVB get embarrassed in one day would be delicious.

Realistically speaking you should be able to make up some ground considering most of the top 8 sides are playing each other in the next few weeks

Suen

hahahaha Moyes United bringing the laughs again. Even midtable club won't be an accurate description soon. Just one change in manager and this is the result, joke of a cunt club.

Feorax

The good thing is that Liverpool always step up their game against the top sides, the bad thing is no Sturridge.

It will be hard, I can see us losing all of those matches.

I think we'll beat Spurs. I haven't seen anything from them yet that makes me worried about conceding, and I fancy Suarez to nab 1 or 2.

We have a good record at the Bridge. Worse Liverpool teams have beaten better Chelsea teams than this there. Reckon a draw is doable.

City are going to teabag us into oblivion.

LTWheels

Yep.

Spurs are quietly 5 or so points from 4th and that's playing "shit football". Anytime they decide to play (which normally happens over xmas) will see them go near the top four slots.

Liverpool have two amazing strikers at the moment. with one of them injured they've become a one man team. Let's see how long they can hold onto Suarez coat-tails.

Anyone think he'll be in Liverpool in Feb?

Yes. Club won't let him go in Jan. Buyers will wait till the summer, as Jan is a more expensive window.

Clegg

I don't know what's funnier to me.

United's sharp decline, doicare's terrible trolling, or Kyoufu's obvious bandwagoning.

Wilbur

Banned

Right now my impression is that the players aren't not really playing for Moyes. Players can play badly but they should be trying and there's been quite a few games this season already where it seems to me like they're not.

This is it, really. The last five minutes was absolutely embarrassing. No one but Zaha was running and making an effort.

We all put in a shift today and that for me is brilliant. Job fucking done.

MOYES BOYS.

I thought Newcastle were far better today than Everton were. We were shocking, but I thought Newcastle were very very good. Couldn't fault any of their players, both centre backs got everything away from the back, the full backs played with width and drive. Midfield three were far superior to our pairing, and Remy held up the ball fantastically well. Maybe they looked better than they were because of how shit we were, but fuck it, credit where credit's due.

The job was done and Newcastle were well deserved winners.

But they didn't play brilliantly, they just executed a pretty simple gameplan which was never tested at all. That says more about United than anything.

GorillaJu

I think we'll beat Spurs. I haven't seen anything from them yet that makes me worried about conceding, and I fancy Suarez to nab 1 or 2.

We have a good record at the Bridge. Worse Liverpool teams have beaten better Chelsea teams than this there. Reckon a draw is doable.

Let's worry about beating West Ham first.

There's every chance they nick the points off us here. They're a shit team but they're also the type that nullifies us well.

L1NETT

Throwing Zaha on, who couldn't get a sniff earlier in the season, shows the level of desperation. Nothing in the final third, no creativity, no final ball no movement. Rubs. Pure rubbbish.

Joke of a cunt club.

Ugh.

There's making fun of United and there is being a mug.

sohois

All 3 games are winnable (yes City included given how well we've done against them in recent times), yet its strange that because they are so close together you expect that at least one of them has to be a loss and 4 points would be a good haul.

GQman2121

Banned
the shot at the end is brilliant.

fabulous cinematography.

The way it slowly zooms in just makes it over the top. I wonder what the position of director pays for these games? Everything we're shown on the live feed is very obviously cherry picked from hundreds of shots they're filming over the 2+ hours of game.

Clegg

Realistically speaking you should be able to make up some ground considering most of the top 8 sides are playing each other in the next few weeks
We should've been starting to do that in our home games against Everton and Newcastle. But we've fallen further behind those ahead of us in the table. Now we're in a position where we've lost twice in a row, played poorly and are now hoping for results to go our way.

Not good enough.

Salazar

Aye.

Newcastle pressed pretty efficiently, but there's no cheerful or neutral reason for the passing from the back to be as slow, as witless, as telegraphed, as risky, as it was. Evans needs a fucking clout. All those idiotic long balls up the line. Manufacturing difficult situations for other players.

And Cleverley and Jones are not a midfield pair. It's like bread between stale fucking bread.

Top Bottom