• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

ElyrionX

The problem is I don't think I've ever seen a more listless final minutes under Frogson as I did today. We might not have scored, it might all have been aimless punts, but I've never seen us play with so little urgency and fight.

Moyes needs to get the players on board quickly, but you wonder why they're not playing for him.

It's hard to say without having insider knowledge but the only thing we know for sure is that Ferguson's legacy and control of the dressing room is definitely a tough act to follow. This is Ferguson's team, after all. I'd think it would take much more than half a season to get a team of 20 - 30 different individuals to develop a sense of loyalty for Moyes. These things take time and unfortunately, the results we are getting are not helping either.

TALES OF MOYES AND DOOM

Morbid, dark future ahead
Cause for concern and indignation
Moyes commanding United
Is an abnormal aberration

Win versus Arsenal did nothing
Even more chaos would ensue
They lost to best Liverpool team
Fuckin Merseyside Blue

And now even Newcastle wins
Moyes grins after the match
Giggling like a schoolgirl
Playing with her snatch

And it's only getting worse
Supporters will only decline
Busiest phone in the UK
The Man United suicide hot-line

And before i leave
To take a deserved rest
A word to Arsenal
Who think they're the best

You make fun of United and City
Of the Kopites, Chelsea and the Coys
But last time you won anything
Michael Jackson was alive, touching boys

Suen

Throwing Zaha on, who couldn't get a sniff earlier in the season, shows the level of desperation. Nothing in the final third, no creativity, no final ball no movement. Rubs. Pure rubbbish.

Ugh.

There's making fun of United and there is being a mug.
:lol pls as if no one here shits on other clubs.

Clegg

Need to be fucking making moves NOW. Sign someone January the first. No faffing around for half the window.

I don't think the Glazers will be so hasty, it'll reflect poorly on the club, on Fergie, and on them. He'll get at least a full season I think.
Wilbur, we should've signed Thiago when we had the chance and we should've signed Ozil when he offered himself to us. But we dithered over the former and said no to the latter.

I wouldn't be hopeful of a first day signing. I'm not even hopeful for a midfielder.

TALES OF MOYES AND DOOM

Moyes commanding United

Fuckin Merseyside Blue

Playing with her snatch

Busiest phone in the UK

And before i leave
To take a deserved rest
A word to Arsenal

yes

Wilbur

Banned
TALES OF MOYES AND DOOM

Moyes commanding United

Fuckin Merseyside Blue

Playing with her snatch

Busiest phone in the UK

And before i leave
To take a deserved rest
A word to Arsenal

negative-man-6684_preview.png

L1NETT

:lol pls as if no one here shits on other clubs.

There is jokingly or even half jokingly shitting on clubs and then there is baseless boring youtube comment level hate spam.

---

Lambda that's fucking amazing lol, hope all is well :)

Ashes

Banned
I think you've got West Ham, Hull, and Norwich for your next 3. You should beat them easily.

And Arsenal have a few tough fixtures. So the lead may yet be brought back. Only thing we can do now is chase after that lead and hope to make it into the Champion's League.

sohois

West Ham are really leaving loads of space in behind them, Liverpool having good times on the counter. surprised they are so aggressive this game

Wilbur

Banned
How can one blame Ferguson? This group of players won the premier league last season at a canter.

You could definitely argue that spending almost 30m on RVP and ignoring deficiencies in centre midfield have contributed to this now. Not many would go along with you, and we won the title of course so its hard to keep up that argument, but our midfield options were just not good enough. That is Ferguson's fault. Moyes got shafted in the transfer market this year; he's inexperienced, not many will want to actively play for him but... Woodward was in charge of shit.

Mad that Fergie and Gill went at the same time. Absolutely mad.

Shahed

Hull are pretty good though. They've beaten City and Liverpool too.

I just want us to be more consistent. Hull aren't bad, but they're not Spurs or Man U either. Being a home game, in a way I'd have rather won that and lost an away game to Spurs instead. Just makes it easier to accept the results if the makes sense.

I wouldn't trade the Man U win though. 41 years is a long time!

K1LLER7

What happens between now and January will be telling.

Fergie and Sir Bob might want to give Moyes time but tbh I can't see any reason why the Glazers would.

Yeah. It will cost them a lot of money if they don't finish in the top 4. If this carries over into the start of next season, we could see him gone imo.

He needs backing in January but then the signing of Fellani for £30m won't give the Glazers much confidence.

Yo I heard Moyes was a 10 year plan and that's why Mou wasn't good enough. So fans must be happy with the 10 year plan right now, not bad. I'm sure in 4 years Moyes will get Man Utd fighting for a CL spot, and then top dollar comes pouring in. Might even win the PL in 7 years.

Salvadora

You could definitely argue that spending almost 30m on RVP and ignoring deficiencies in centre midfield have contributed to this now. Not many would go along with you, and we won the title of course so its hard to keep up that argument, but our midfield options were just not good enough. That is Ferguson's fault. Moyes got shafted in the transfer market this year; he's inexperienced, not many will want to actively play for him but... Woodward was in charge of shit.

Mad that Fergie and Gill went at the same time. Absolutely mad.

How do you think the Glazers will respond to on the pitch troubles?

Moyes has to be untouchable regardless of league finish due to Ferguson.

PowderedToast

i really do not rate sterling. if you can't link up with suarez on a counter then you're sort of a liability. the kind of player that tries a lot but never really accomplishes anything

bud

TALES OF MOYES AND DOOM

Moyes commanding United

Fuckin Merseyside Blue