• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

LegoArmo

You could definitely argue that spending almost 30m on RVP and ignoring deficiencies in centre midfield have contributed to this now. Not many would go along with you, and we won the title of course so its hard to keep up that argument, but our midfield options were just not good enough. That is Ferguson's fault. Moyes got shafted in the transfer market this year; he's inexperienced, not many will want to actively play for him but... Woodward was in charge of shit.

Mad that Fergie and Gill went at the same time. Absolutely mad.

I think van Persie cost about 12m upfront and more than paid for itself by the end of that season.

Could maybe argue it was papering over the cracks, but I think everyone still saw the cracks.

Years of refusing to spend in the centre of midfield was one of Fergusons problems. He wanted someone who could live up to Scholes or Keane, but was blind to the shite he was playing there. Then Moyes went and blew 30m on an Afro.

Wilbur

Banned
How do you think the Glazers will respond to on the pitch troubles?

Moyes has to be untouchable regardless of league finish due to Ferguson.

Don't know, it's obviously the first time it's happening under them, such a stark difference to what's come before. But you'd hope he's at least given an entire season. He's got a transfer window coming up, RVP wasn't fully fit, our only competent midfielder is injured (and it isn't really his fault that we don't have any more), Rooney banned for being a fucking idiot in the last two games. I hope he gets this entire season no matter where we finish and then of course next summer. If things are still the same next November...

ElyrionX

How can one blame Ferguson? This group of players won the premier league last season at a canter.

He lost Pogba.

I won't go so far as to blame Ferguson but he definitely didn't make it easy for his successor. Everyone could see that our midfield was shit but absolutely nothing was done about it.

Ashes

Banned
You could definitely argue that spending almost 30m on RVP and ignoring deficiencies in centre midfield have contributed to this now. Not many would go along with you, and we won the title of course so its hard to keep up that argument, but our midfield options were just not good enough. That is Ferguson's fault. Moyes got shafted in the transfer market this year; he's inexperienced, not many will want to actively play for him but... Woodward was in charge of shit.

Mad that Fergie and Gill went at the same time. Absolutely mad.

I think luka modric is pretty much the only player on the market we can get that can plug the creative gap.

Honestly, if Moyes hasn't got the players to play four four two, he should play something else. Carrick isn't the only decent passer in the team. Rooney and Shinji kagawa know how to find a pass too. As can Januzaj.

LTWheels

Suarez has about 3 players on him all the time. Definitly missing Sturridge to take the attention off him. Maybe it would be worth to have Aspas on to have another striker up the pitch.

TeegsD

Missed two games in a row and both are home defeats... I know its only December and what not but how far are we willing to let Moyes continue? I haven't seen the games so I'm unsure if he was completely at fault for it, but he needs to take most of the responsibility

Wilbur

Banned
I think luka modric is pretty much the only player on the market we can get that can plug the creative gap.

Honestly, if Moyes hasn't got the players to play four four two, he should play something else. Carrick isn't the only decent passer in the team. Rooney and Shinji kagawa know how to find a pass too. As can Januzaj.

We won't be getting Modric. Nailed on Champions League this season, a title challenge and huge wages at the biggest club in the world, with Alonso on his way out? No way. I'd absolutely love him, my dream signing, but no way.

doicare

Lost 2-0 to City.

You're an embarrassment. Please just go post a picture of someone wanking on Gaming side so you get perma banned.
It's embarrassing how still nobody can prove me wrong. Yes, yes United are just soooooo shit..... that's why this exact same team EASILY won the league last season, it wasn't even close. So you're left with two options, either United were the luckiest team in the world and fluked last season or United have had bad luck this season. Either way it all comes down to luck.

Feorax

Suarez has about 3 players on him all the time. Definitly missing Sturridge to take the attention off him. Maybe it would be worth to have Aspas on to have another striker up the pitch.

I was thinking this. Take off Sterling for Aspas and play Coutinho and Henderson wide. Go 4-2-2-2 with Aspas and Suarez up top.

rHoBpNV.png

/moyesfeels

TeegsD

HOLY SHIT!! Completely missed that Benfica not only played but TIED! Sporting can take first place for ourselves tomorrow =DDDDD

LTWheels

I was thinking this. Take off Sterling for Aspas and play Coutinho and Henderson wide. Go 4-2-2-2 with Aspas and Suarez up top.

That's exactly how I want us to play. Or even bring on Alberto and push Gerrard up front near Suarez. Gerrard's been a bit invisible so far.

Suen

There is jokingly or even half jokingly shitting on clubs and then there is baseless boring youtube comment level hate spam.

---

Lambda that's fucking amazing lol, hope all is well :)
Yes this is exactly youtube comment level hate spam. My sole purpose here on footy-GAF is just to shit on United and show pure hatred towards it. Not just throw shit on a big club that lost like 99 % of posters here do whenever any of the other big ones lose.

Stop being so salty that you keep losing and just accept the fact that a change in manager has made your club look like a fucking joke now. The high standard it has set with its past 20+ years of successful history just makes it even more noticeable.

rvy

Banned
TALES OF MOYES AND DOOM

Morbid, dark future ahead
Cause for concern and indignation
Moyes commanding United
Is an abnormal aberration

Win versus Arsenal did nothing
Even more chaos would ensue
They lost to best Liverpool team
Fuckin Merseyside Blue

And now even Newcastle wins
Moyes grins after the match
Giggling like a schoolgirl
Playing with her snatch

And it's only getting worse
Supporters will only decline
Busiest phone in the UK
The Man United suicide hot-line

And before i leave
To take a deserved rest
A word to Arsenal
Who think they're the best

You make fun of United and City
Of the Kopites, Chelsea and the Coys
But last time you won anything
Michael Jackson was alive, touching boys
1384405869936q5c3g.gif

Clegg

It's embarrassing how still nobody can prove me wrong. Yes, yes United are just soooooo shit..... that's why this exact same team EASILY won the league last season, it wasn't even close. So you're left with two options, either United were the luckiest team in the world and fluked last season or United have had bad luck this season. Either way it all comes down to luck.
This is a very poor troll as you're ignoring some very obvious common sense answers and grasping at an obscure logic.

You need to be a bit more straight forward.

K1LLER7

Manchester United manager David Moyes: "It could have been much better, we were needing a goal to give us confidence. They got a goal we could have done better with and it changed the game.

"We did not create enough but we did create some. When you are not quite firing you need things to go for us, they didn't.

"I was due to take him (Van Persie) off after 60 minutes but if I had people would have said what are you doing? We were chasing the game and needed to get a goal back.

"You try and win the next game. We move on. We will try and win the next game, never think much further than that.".

Ashes

Banned
We won't be getting Modric. Nailed on Champions League this season, a title challenge and huge wages at the biggest club in the world, with Alonso on his way out? No way. I'd absolutely love him, my dream signing, but no way.

I think we're desperate and we're going to go big in the January transfer window. £40M+ bid incoming. Our champions league qualifications depend on it. The board will go in big.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes this is exactly youtube comment level hate spam. My sole purpose here on footy-GAF is just to shit on United and show pure hatred towards it. Not just throw shit on a big club that lost like 99 % of posters here do whenever any of the other big ones lose.

Stop being so salty that you keep losing and just accept the fact that a change in manager has made your club look like a fucking joke now. The high standard it has set with its past 20+ years of successful history just makes it even more noticeable.

You support so many clubs you don't even know who supports who

Clegg

You're a moron. Has the strain of supporting too many clubs rotted your brain?

Did you not just see L1nett laugh at United when we lost?

Top Bottom