• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Scum

I'd love to think that Spurs won't come back and win this but Wednesday taught me a lesson.

Saying that, this Sunderland team are far better than Fulham.
Arnie, pls. Like I said, Liverpool and Arsenal are in for a great weekend. We're doomed. 😭

Wilbur

Banned
Lovely header back from Chadli

Since Poyet has come in, they look like a capable team who can give anyone a decent game. From relegation certainties to this. Even if they lose today I still think they'll stay up, they're playing as a unit

#fuckDiCanio

Dunno if they'll stay up, there's a few teams around there that are going to keep picking up points. Fulham are goners, unfortunately. Just too fucking soft. Pulis is more than capable of keeping that Palace side up if they continue to pick up points at home.

bud23

Posted?

Di María about to set sail for Monaco

REAL MADRID ACCEPTS €35 MILLION OFFER

Ángel Di María is very close to signing a transfer deal with Monaco and only Carlo Ancelotti can stop the Argentine from leaving in January. The player has reached an agreement with the French team and the two clubs have settled on a price tag of €35 million.

Di María wants to leave because he isn't getting enough playing time at Real Madrid. Gareth Bale has taken his place in the team and he has been relegated to a secondary role.

Unwilling to sit out the rest of the season on the bench, and with the World Cup starting in June, Di María wants to play more and make sure he arrives in good shape.

http://www.marca.com/2013/12/06/en/...09699ca9dd8ffcff0b2bb26efa461420&t=1386439752

You will be missed, Angel. Stupid move if true. Guys, help me understand why.

TeegsD

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ya know despite all my misgivings this seasons PL has been pretty fucking terrific, if only from a neutral stance, no game is guaranteed, teams losing all over the place and the team playing the best football is rightfully on top.

On the other hand this season is terrible and I want it to be over.

Scum

By the way, how's Modric getting on these days? Haven't heard much about him this season so far...

You've just scored.

It's begun.

AVB will worm his way out of another potential kegging.

I give up. I just don't know anymore.

Ya know despite all my misgivings this seasons PL has been pretty fucking terrific, if only from a neutral stance, no game is guaranteed, teams losing all over the place and the team playing the best football is rightfully on top.

Has anyone ever told you that your avatar looks like 70s Gerrard

ShogunX

He isn't though. He's only been like this since the concussion fiasco, I think all the attention has affected his concentration a bit.

That was the worst goal we've conceded this season.

Admittedly I don't watch Spurs unless they are on the telly but every time I watch them both Lloris and Kyle Walker have a few dodgy moments a game. Doesn't always cost the team but both seem to lose their concentration.

Maybe I'm looking for mistakes from both players and being overly critical but then I'm probably swayed by the crazy Lloris blunder at Anfield last season.

wedward

Not at all. RvP just wanted his talent to have some championships to show for it. He came to United to win under an amazing manager and he did. He didn't know Alex was peacing out. He didn't know Moyes was taking over. He isn't getting younger and I'd rather he be happy than have to put up with Moyes tarnishing the last few years he can play.

If they don't get top 4, Rooney or RVP will be leaving.

rodvik

First time in years the battle for CL places is more interesting than the relegation battle.

Feorax

Marouane Chamakh has three PL goals this season.

Samuel Eto'o has two, and Fernando Torres has one.

Chelsea really need a striker in January.

ShogunX

Can you really trust an article written by this guy?

james-sanderson.jpg

Pineapple.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Watching Altidore...how does the US think they can be competitive with anyone outside of CONCACAF with him as their striker? He has zero work rate and doesn't appear to read the game at all. He just sort of stands there and hopes the ball arrives at his feet somehow. He appears overmatched on a bottom of the table EPL team.

Also, he looks like he could stand in for Gru in the next Despicable Me movie.

Wilbur

Banned
Its like Wilbury and El Sharaawy's lovechild :p

we're both tanned and good at football, sure i see it

Watching Altidore...how does the US think they can be competitive with anyone outside of CONCACAF with him as their striker? He has zero work rate and doesn't appear to read the game at all. He just sort of stands there and hopes the ball arrives at his feet somehow. He appears overmatched on a bottom of the table EPL team.

I don't think he's too bad to be honest. Certainly not great, but he keeps defences busy at least. DECOY

wedward

Chamak actually wasn't that bad when he joined Arsenal. He scored in 6 CL games consecutively. Might still be the record.

Once RVP got hot he was put on the bench for good and probably lost all confidence.

TeegsD

With the USMNT, he almost seems like a different player. I banked on him taking the form to the EPL but he just hasn't meshed well. But he did also move to what would be a bottom of the table team. Theyre there for a reason and its not just his fault. Given a stronger team, I think he could be up there, goal scoring wise

oh man, the Altidore talk reminds me, Portugal v USA at the world cup. get ready for 2 hours of non-stop Lambda going in on the gringos.

Top Bottom