• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Arnie

PS4 GAF who've done the US account trick:

Do you have to have the US account as your primary PS4 profile in order to access your digital game on your UK account?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
we're both tanned and good at football, sure i see it

I don't think he's too bad to be honest. Certainly not great, but he keeps defences busy at least. DECOY

Decoys need to actually move to create space for their teammates who have class...he doesn't because he doesn't appear to see the spaces he needs to be moving into.

noal

Banned
Going well in FM 2009

wbH7upa.jpg

Salvadora

RVP isn't going anywhere, he's under long-term contract. It would United falling out of the top 4 would be made all the sweeter.

Rooney on the other hand is out next summer.

Slizz

The sudden Altidore realization finally hits other people. His international team scoring was an aberration not a trend of good form.

He always mopes his way up and down the pitch when he isn't scoring.

Wilbur

Banned
He works alright with Fletcher, means the latter doesn't have to do all the hold up shit and can just focus on getting in the box and putting it in.

Like Fletcher, I do.

The only striker Chelsea could buy that would bring bags of goals with him and at the same time play the CL is Falcao. There's no other striker out there, unless Mou is gonna snipe a talent again.

sohois

Who do you reckon you'll go for? Not much on the market for established strikers

I suppose Jackson Martinez is the best available option.

I dunno, I feel like Chelsea would be better advised going for a steady, reliable striker rather than a big name. Bringing in another expensive striker will just drive Lukaku further towards the exit.

I thought this for a while, but all of the big teams looking for strikers - Arsenal, Chelsea, maybe even Tottenham - could do a lot worse than pick up Shane Long. He's never going to score more than 10 goals a season, but that doesn't really matter if he's just a backup. All they need is someone who can work hard and be an effective lone front man to bring in the midfield, which Long can do easy.

Arnie

The US account has to have the PS4 as its primary console.

But my main account can still be the primary account on the console? And I can access it no problem?

Does the fact that it's a US download have an effect on where I'm matchmade? It won't put me in loads of US servers will it?

bjaelke

The only striker Chelsea could buy that would bring bags of goals with him and at the same time play the CL is Falcao. There's no other striker out there, unless Mou is gonna snipe a talent again.
RMC has been talking about a potential deal over the past few days. Torres plus money was mentioned.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The sudden Altidore realization finally hits other people. His international team scoring was an aberration not a trend of good form.

He always mopes his way up and down the pitch when he isn't scoring.

I'd never really watched him really carefully before. But, yeah, he does seem to sort of sullenly mope up and down the field without appearing to be engaged in what is going on around him.

His touch actually looks pretty good though. Not that that is very useful if you aren't moving into the correct spaces or working very hard.

But my main account can still be the primary account on the console? And I can access it no problem?

Does the fact that it's a US download have an effect on where I'm matchmade? It won't put me in loads of US servers will it?

They can both have the PS4 as the primary console! and the US download won't affect that on most games. No PS4 games have that in place but apparently some PS3 games did at some point so it is something to look out for in the future.

Primary accounts? This doesn't matter. What matters is that you activate your PS4 as your US account primary PS4. Yes, multiple accounts can have the same PS4 as primary.

RMC has been talking about a potential deal over the past few days. Torres plus money was mentioned.

What's RMC?

Wilbur

Banned

I dunno, I feel like Chelsea would be better advised going for a steady, reliable striker rather than a big name. Bringing in another expensive striker will just drive Lukaku further towards the exit.

I thought this for a while, but all of the big teams looking for strikers - Arsenal, Chelsea, maybe even Tottenham - could do a lot worse than pick up Shane Long. He's never going to score more than 10 goals a season, but that doesn't really matter if he's just a backup. All they need is someone who can work hard and be an effective lone front man to bring in the midfield, which Long can do easy.

I agree with the Jackson buy to be honest, would be cheaper and on lesser wages than Falcao. Probably wouldn't expect to be first choice every week as well, especially with Lukaku coming in. I reckon Ba and Torres are off this summer.

Arnie

They can both have the PS4 as the primary console! and the US download won't affect that on most games. No PS4 games have that in place but apparently some PS3 games did at some point so it is something to look out for in the future.

So Fifa won't stick me in US servers?

And I've to buy the PSN credit from the Amazon store and then redeem that on my US account?

Yen

Wouldn't mind Liverpool signing Long, up to £10m, though a back up striker is probably not a priority.

My dinner was pretty much ready 15 min ago but had to take a shit first. It was so nasty and sticky that after I used way too much paper and finally at least didn't leave brown stains anymore, I felt so dirty and nasty I had to take a shower.

Ready to eat now.

Top Bottom