• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

GorillaJu

フティーガフの仲間たちがみんなでオナニーして同時に精液出したら地球を回す力になるだろう

Cider X

ArQfNQ1.jpg

Whoa.. Who is this?

GorillaJu

Writing in languages other's can't understand = racist.

Google translate it. It's funny maybe.

--

"There was a possibility to come here and play one year on loan from Liverpool," Suso explains in the latest episode of #LFCWORLD.

"It was a good chance for me to show everyone that I could be a good player and an important player for Liverpool. I was really happy to come back here, I had never played in the First Division in Spain - I wanted to try.

"Liverpool wanted me to stay; they didn't say I had to go on loan. But I know there are a lot of good players at Liverpool, maybe I wasn't going to start games. I am young - the most important thing right now is that I have to play.

"There was a chance to come here and I was happy, the club were as well. They said it is a good chance to show I can play football at a professional level.

Good lad. Well ambitious.

Blablurn

Manchester United manager David Moyes has admitted Shinji Kagawa had to have his stomach pumped after eating too much following their Everton defeat.

Kagawa was taken to hospital following the match on Wednesday when he complained that he was suffering breathing problems.

Lol, I just talked to my dad about the World Cup draw and he just ripped into Belgium. He's still super bitter bout 86. Said we need to get revenge.

For those who don't know/forgotten cause they're so old(FootballFan):

From Russia With Two Offsides – USSR vs Belgium 1986

Believe it or not, there are some people who believe that Argentina vs England was not the most controversial game of the 1986 World Cup. The alternative is the round of 16 clash between the USSR and Belgium in Leon.

The match ended in a thrilling 4-3 extra time win for the Belgians, but it would not be unfair to declare that the USSR were cheated out of the tournament. The Soviets, who contained many of the exceptional Dynamo Kiev team that had won the Cup Winners’ Cup just a month earlier (including star man Igor Belanov below who scored a hat-trick and won the Ballon d'Or that year), were clearly the superior team and created chance after chance throughout the 120 minutes.

But they were denied by a referee and two linesmen seemingly wearing Belgian shirts. The USSR twice led in normal time, but twice Belgium equalised through clearly offside goals, the second from Jan Ceulemans on 77 minutes in which he was an incredible five yards ahead of play.

Arnie

Cold (well, room temperature) pizza for breakfast. Screw nuggets.
Got two slices of Tandoori Hot giving me the eyes from across the room.

:lol at Moyes. You've scored eight goals at home all season, I'd be more concerned about reaching fifth place, let alone first.

WJD

Ok, serious talk now because I'm surrounded by Equity books and want to cry.

If Moyesy was to actually go out in January and spend the required shed-load of money to at least slow our freefall - who the fuck is even out there?

• Gundogun is dead and probs just playing for a better contract
  • Vidal is going nowhere
  • Barkley wouldn't want to make the step down
  • Matic? Isn't he a big lumbering brute? We already have one of them (kind of)
  • Khedira is also dead and about as exciting as this fucking Equity assignment
Everyone else is getting regular minutes at better clubs and/or ludicrously expensive.

I'm sad.

Wilbur

Banned
Got two slices of Tandoori Hot giving me the eyes from across the room.

:lol at Moyes. You've scored eight goals at home all season, I'd be more concerned about reaching fifth place, let alone first.

So much rests on early January business. We're a shambles without Micky C. Our midfield consists of a recycler and a fucking trash compactor.

Arnie

Arnie, did the US Amazon thing work?
Nah mate, Amazon clocked me. Reckon it might've been the term US in the new email I created for the job.

Quiche very kindly offered to be my FUFA surrogate but ill have to check my Paypal account before I agree to any of that, have a strong suspicion I deactivated it through precaution when I thought I'd been the subject of fraud.

Wilbur

Banned
Ok, serious talk now because I'm surrounded by Equity books and want to cry.

If Moyesy was to actually go out in January and spend the required shed-load of money to at least slow our freefall - who the fuck is even out there?

Like I said yesterday, sanctioning 50m on Cabaye and Schneiderlin would give me stunning quantities of dick throbs.

Sign o the times

Mastadon

Banned
January is so difficult for United because all the players that will significantly improve them are already in the Champions League. Moving to Utd with an unknown manager and an uncertain future isn't the most appealing option. Plus, clubs will know that Utd are in a position of weakness when it comes to negotiating prices.

Edit: After spunking £28m against the wall for Fellani, you think Daddy Glazer is going to sanction another £50m for two more CMs?

WJD

Like I said yesterday, sanctioning 50m on Cabaye and Schneiderlin would give me stunning quantities of dick throbs.

Oh fuck that would be quite nice.

Still think we're gonna be stuck in Jurassic Park until we move away from 4-4-fucking-2.

Clegg

Matuidi is entering the last six months of his contract right? He's a DM and but we still have need for one as Fellaini plays like a concussed snail.

Mastodon: We were gonna spend more on midfielders in the summer anyway. When your backups are Cleverley and Anderson you have no choice but to spend more.

Arnie

Every time I watch Cabaye I come away with the firm impression that he's ready to play at the top of the game. Both him and Snide are no less impressive now than Carrick was at Spurs, and look how that turned out.

Word of the wise, Will, leave the scouting to United. You have to trust that they know what they're doing, because ultimately it's their decision.

Which was another reason why Hodgson was so frightening. He sold Mascherano and Insua to make way for Poulson and Konchesky. If that happens you hit the fucking panic button with the force of a billion Elokobis.

WJD

Every time I watch Cabaye I come away with the firm impression that he's ready to play at the top of the game. Both him and Snide are no less impressive now than Carrick was at Spurs, and look how that turned out.

Word of the wise, Will, leave the scouting to United. You have to trust that they know what they're doing, because ultimately it's their decision.

Which was another reason why Hodgson was so frightening. He sold Mascherano and Insua to make way for Poulson and Konchesky. If that happens you hit the fucking panic button with the force of a billion Elokobis.

hm

I do worry.

It does not matter who United buy. Moyes is just not a good manager to get the best out of the side when it matters most. He is small time. Fergurson would have this team top 4 right now. Moyes is just a small time manager and is out of his depth. He has never been a winner or a great footballing visionary and he will be gone next summer.

Shanksuuuu. We thought Wenger had imprisoned you in his pedo-sex dungeon. Bentornato!

Today we're all united against Merda. GLORY GLORY PARMIGIANO REGGIANO!

haha, he did. I managed to free myself but had to leave behind park chu young and frimpong.

dc89

Oh anyone but him. Chance Silva will play though right?

Sorry dude. I love Everton but not tomorrow. We really do need to win. Even a draw is not good enough.

Yeah there's a chance Silva could play. He's ready for Tuesdsy against Bayern but I can't see us playing all the big players. Maybe Silva will have a run out.

Clegg

hm

I do worry.
Moyes has just brought in his old head scout from Everton. They had a decent amount of success in their transfer dealings afaik. Of course, he won't be used to targeting players that can compete in the Champions League, but it's ball relative I suppose.

Arnie

hm

I do worry.

I would, to be fair. There are far too many consistencies with the Hodgson reign to overlook it. I remember going to play footy when we were hovering above the relegation zone and taking so much stick for it.

And that's why I get fucking antsy at all of you having a go at Kenny. Imagine your situation now but a lot worse, with more losses and worse football and worse signings.

Then imagine in January your greatest ever player comes back, ousts Moyes, signs Luis Suarez, and takes your club on a winning streak that puts you 2nd in the form table from January until May. A winning streak that saw you beat Arsenal away, United at home (demolished) and start dispatching teams 4 niil, 5 nil etc.

He took me from abject horror to utter jubilation and until you're close to being in that situation you can't understand why.

Wilbur

Banned
It does not matter who United buy. Moyes is just not a good manager to get the best out of the side when it matters most. He is small time. Fergurson would have this team top 4 right now. Moyes is just a small time manager and is out of his depth. He has never been a winner or a great footballing visionary and he will be gone next summer.

This is what's worrying me the most. Not that he isn't a winner because no one is at first (he is a winner though even though he hasn't won anything he is a winner dot jay PEG).

But he's just such a reactive manager. He needs to start playing expansive gung-ho football when we're down with five minutes to go. He needs to trust that United set the pace and other teams have to react to that, not the other way around such has been the case at Everton.

sohois

hm

I do worry.

Moyes greatest strength at Everton and the biggest reason for his success was always his transfers. He constantly plucked top class players from nowhere, paying tiny amounts. Despite Fellaini's failure it should be one area to have faith in the manager.

In fact, if anything I feel like the current mood around United and in the summer have been really holding Moyes back. The constant demands for world class, £30, £40million signings is neutering Moyes main advantage. He doesn't have to root around in League 1 for 500'000 signings to pick out bargains, these days a £10million player is cheap. Newcastle themselves have made great progress picking up players in that bracket, Cabaye included. Not to mention that neither Dortmund nor Juventus splashed out the cash until very recently, they relied on similar purchases and youth.

Yes, eventually to move up you have to bring in the big money purchases, as Juve found with their striker situation, but United aren't at that point, not to mention they just bought two world class players last season in Kagawa and Van persie. Let Moyes build his squad first, then go for the Fabregas's, the Falcaos and the rest. Any manager can be successful throwing around that kind of cash, even Mancini won the league.

Wilbur

Banned
Tiote was more impressive than Cabaye yesterday.

He's nowhere near as talented a player though. Does a good job for Newcastle and especially so in a midfield three away from home, but Cabaye's perfectly capable of defensive diligence and is a far better player.

I would, to be fair. There are far too many consistencies with the Hodgson reign to overlook it. I remember going to play footy when we were hovering above the relegation zone and taking so much stick for it.

And that's why I get fucking antsy at all of you having a go at Kenny. Imagine your situation now but a lot worse, with more losses and worse football and worse signings.

Then imagine in January your greatest ever player comes back, ousts Moyes, signs Luis Suarez, and takes your club on a winning streak that puts you 2nd in the form table from January until May. A winning streak that saw you beat Arsenal away, United at home (demolished) and start dispatching teams 4 niil, 5 nil etc.

He took me from abject horror to utter jubilation and until you're close to being in that situation you can't understand why.

Ah my problem with Kenny is the same as yours with Fergie really; I just didn't like the prick. Made a meal of the Suarez situation, was cantankerous and moany to the press and everyone else. But he was yours. He wasn't our cantankerous moany old bastard, he was yours. Not knocking what he did, he did a real solid job.

Was definitely the right decision to jettison him for my second choice of Fergie's successor circa 2012 B-Rod tho

Top Bottom