• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Feorax

January is the wildcard here. The teams that strengthen will go on to achieve their aims, those that don't will likely fall by the wayside.

It sounds obvious, but when you consider which clubs are likely to do what business in January, you see just how open this league could be.

Wilbur

Banned
Is this still Man Utd Official Thread?

I told yall pendejos Moyes boys would be shit!

Good to see Colombia came up in the world where we can now pay off fifa and get a shit group led by shinjury and 50 year old toure and drogs.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I expected you guys would tear our defenders a new one with that attacking line. We didn't exactly play our best XI after all.

But yeah, Colombia will get out of the group. They must.

Chile wont be as merciful as we are.

Fuck, totally missed Andres coming back with elsk bullshit

Welcome back, Andres, missed you :D

Dortmund! I'm disappointed with Mkihtaryan. I get most of Dortmund's games in the us so i still cheer you guys on.

I missed it so I don't know what else happened. Time wasting is just a massive pet peeve of mine, no matter which team is doing it. I know its part of the game but I wish it was a bit more subtle

Time wasting and diving are always horrid

In this case it didn't annoy me though, the United players had completely turned off then and even if we had 5 more minutes we wouldn't have scored

TeegsD

if Benfica had a schedule like Sporting's we would win the league by November. the joy of no mid-week games.

Please tell me more about how the great and powerful Arouca was too much to handle, I'll wait.

OkPd2Fs.gif

Maybe if you didnt rely on the Paraguayan Paul Bunyan to score all of your goals, maybe you could beat newly promoted teams IN THE PORTUGUESE LEAGUE

AND MONTERO!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0!!!!

dc89

Good to see Colombia came up in the world where we can now pay off fifa and get a shit group led by shinjury and 50 year old toure and drogs.

Whoa man, where you been all my life?

Suen

ANDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Welcome back man! Colombians are the biggest mercenaries.

TeegsD

Montero is giving me serious Jardel vibes. Literally jsut shows up at the right time to get that tap in. You don't need to score spectacular goals, you just need to score goals. Let's just hope we can hold on to him longer than we did Jardel.

Montero is giving me serious Jardel vibes. Literally jsut shows up at the right time to get that tap in. You don't need to score spectacular goals, you just need to score goals. Let's just hope we can hold on to him longer than we did Jardel.
He is more of a team player than Jardel. His movement and team work are fantastic. Best signing of the season.

TeegsD

Salty that he consistently makes Sporting his bitch. I don't mind.

291248489_a1rpz_new.gif

Salty, more like fucking surprised. I thought slow strikers like Cardozo were gonna die off but that fucking behemoth is pretty much scoring to spite Jesus at this point. How does he not start ALL of your games?

rvy

Banned
Salty, more like fucking surprised. I thought slow strikers like Cardozo were gonna die off but that fucking behemoth is pretty much scoring to spite Jesus at this point. How does he not start ALL of your games?

Your first mistake is thinking that Benfica's starting eleven needs to make any sense. Formations and tactics are irrelevant for the genius that is Jesus.
Your second mistake is thinking that Cardozo is slow.
Your third mistake is not being salty at his glory against Sporting.

Lightning

Banned
Nah. But he hasn't started a single game since returning to injury and I've long thought Theo makes the team play better (even when he doesn't play particularly well) just because of his pace and ability to stretch the play. I forgot he's been sick the past week or so but still. Would really like to see him starting games as soon as he's ready, if only to ease the burden off of players like Cazorla.
I agree. Walcott and Rosciky needs to start against Napoli. Flamini and Arteta need to be the midfield. Ramsey, Wilshere and either Cazorla or Ozil rested. We're fucked if we don't rotate.

Draw against Everton is annoying but not major. Provided we don't drop points against teams outside the top 5 we will be fine this season. I'm not worried about the title or even thinking about it because what happens in March is going to have a far greater impact than anything that happens now. Consistency against the lower teams is the key for me.

We played poor today but we didn't lose. I'm confident we will put in a performance against either Chelsea or City. We'll likely be pants in one of the games but good in the other one.

TeegsD

Your first mistake is thinking that Benfica's starting eleven needs to make any sense. Formations and tactics are irrelevant for the genius that is Jesus.
Your second mistake is thinking that Cardozo is slow.
Your third mistake is not being salty at his glory against Sporting.

1. I don't mind this because in the end, it ends with Jesus falling to his knees in tears.
2. He is slow, I liken him to a Tank but he is also your DPS at the same time so fuck the rules.
3. The most salty I am at Cardozo is probably when we were beating you guys 3-0 and he fucking scores right near the end to null the clean sheet. Either way, that game was great regardless solely cause it featured one of Polga's best long passes ever.

_71616180_arteta.jpg

I still love you Arteta. One class player and the way he left us is just exemplary way of chivalry of highest order.

I really hope he wins the league.

I'm still pissed off that he left us saying he was homesick, and was back in the UK playing for everton within 6 months, cunt.

He should have just been honest and said that scottish football is shite, I wouldn't even mind really.

You could've watched Roma - Fiorentina, ffs.

Been meaning to watch a Roma game for a while, I was out though.

Don't worry, I saw the Juve game and that was great. I know Inter is not the best Serie A has to offer. I know that Inter are SHIT.

Please explain to me why is it fun to mock Inter, I am just smiling as I type this.

Linius

I think is goes back to that Portugal v Holland game (did tht karate kick happen in that match?)

Whenever I see Holland play, the opposition just fouls so much.

U wot m8

You know Portugal were a bunch of dirty cunts in that game and the ref (fucking Russian) lost control of the match? And the karate kick was in 2010, the finale you know...

Top Bottom