• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

rvy

Banned
@Lambda - You got me there, TIL. But I was talking more about recent and not 10 years ago.

Teegs pls

plsv1cue.png

WAIT!!! Forget about winning the title. Sporting has achieved something much more impressive. For once, Benfica and Porto fans are united for something. This is amazing, a real life miracle. Bruno de Carvalho will receive the Nobel Peace Prize next year.

You need to re-read the post because you clearly missed his point.

TeegsD

WAIT!!! Forget about winning the title. Sporting has achieved something much more impressive. For once, Benfica and Porto fans are united for something. This is amazing, a real life miracle. Bruno de Carvalho will receive the Nobel Peace Prize next year.

It's not going to last. Benfica v. Porto matches are always shit shows. It's what happens when you drop 22 betta fish into the same chinese takeout container.

Teegs pls

plsv1cue.png

I understand but whats the CL/EL split on points there. I'm positive Porto have you beat, CL wise.

FootballFan

Is this still Man Utd Official Thread?

I told yall pendejos Moyes boys would be shit!

Good to see Colombia came up in the world where we can now pay off fifa and get a shit group led by shinjury and 50 year old toure and drogs.

ANDRESSSS!! Stop fucking playing AssCreed and Ultimate Team.

i would rather dip my balls in acid than join Porto in anything.

only thing Carvalho gonna get is Jardim's semen on his wife. old habits die hard.

rvy

Banned
If only that list could be filtered by points earned in only the CL. Benfica is right on pace to get shamed out of the CL and boost their coefficient with yet another EL run.

Get back to me after you win the CL.

Ok, scratch that. Not talking to you ever again seems a bit drastic.

I understand but whats the CL/EL split on points there. I'm positive Porto have you beat, CL wise.

Uh, historically speaking? That's impossible, lol.

Ashes

Banned
We're out of the league title running Moyes, but you bet I agree that we've been lucky that a team hasn't simply run away with it thus far.

You need to re-read the post because you clearly missed his point.

They are both waiting for Sporting to fail, right? The only difference is that Lambda´s crazy enough to think that Benfica will win it while Rage_pt thinks that Porto will win (and he´s probably right).

RaGe_pt

I would never unite myself with a benfica fan believe me, I want benfica and sporting to lose every match, everywhere but I hate benfica with a much bigger passion than I do hate sporting. We are not playing well (sporting is the best team in the league so far) but I doubt we'll stay this way for the rest of the season.

rvy

Banned
They are both waiting for Sporting to fail, right? The only difference is that Lambda´s crazy enough to think that Benfica will win it while Rage_pt thinks that Porto will win (and he´s probably right).

I think his point is that he can't wait to beat Benfica in the same fashion as last year. Nothing to do with Sporting. But maybe I'm wrong.

TeegsD

Uh, historically speaking? That's impossible, lol.

Rvy, you drunk already?

"You got me there, TIL. But I was talking more about recent and not 10 years ago."

everybody should change their favourite team for a week.

I'd be ok with picking a random team from a random league and rooting for 'em for a week at least.

rvy

Banned
Rvy, you drunk already?

"You got me there, TIL. But I was talking more about recent and not 10 years ago."

Why would I be drunk, I haven't watched a Benfica match in...

I don't remember, a few weeks or months.

10 years ago they had a better record. They don't now and they don't historically.

Zabojnik

PARMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

They scored too soon, classic underdog mistake. Suen pls.

Oh, this is known.

It's just surprising that they live another day. climb a little higher and find another reason to stay. They won't find it here though, they gotta look another way and hopefully die another day.

john-petrucci.jpg

<3

TeegsD

Why would I be drunk, I haven't watched a Benfica match in...

I don't remember, a few weeks or months.

10 years ago they had a better record. They don't now and they don't historically.

Hmm, maybe I'm just having a brain fart. You guys do get pretty far in the EL whereas they get far enough in the CL so they cant drop down to the EL when they inevitably shit their pants

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Biabiany

positives:
He's quick
he's fast
he's got pace

negatives:
EVERYTHING else.

I seriously hope we don't go for him in January.

TeegsD

So I had never listened to Hendrix's "Little Wing" before and have kept it and only it on repeat these last few days while I do my homework. 2 minutes 25 seconds of just amazing music.

Suen

PARMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

They scored too soon, classic underdog mistake. Suen pls.

john-petrucci.jpg

<3
Inter has been pressing on us for a good 15 minutes now or so. That goal is going to come :(

Yurt pls. When Bia learn how to cross and dribble he will be deadly.

Blablurn

Tom &#8207;@FourFourTom 2m

Dear Arsenal fans, we're in a stronger position after 15 Premier League games than any team since 2005. Stop complaining about a draw.

Rvy, that's just sad. The only one us here that was even alive when Benfica won a European competition was FootballFan. How is it at all relevant now?

Current Benfica is an equally shit level to Zenit, except with less prospects for future success.

Top Bottom