• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Ba_kaWvCIAAkZ7E.png:large

FORMER

zknS7MG.png

Also glad we get to play Spurs next week, they're building up some momentum with a couple of wins and I at least want a shot of halting it.

AVB and Spurs are on the upswing, Livepool title chances gonna be taken away by the most dashing manager in the PL, Soldado scores from the penalty spot, liquid football.

there's always next season, Arnie.

TrueBlue

Think Spurs were looking at him at some point. Good player, like.

Looking forward to this Chelsea news. Hopefully it's something that just adds pressure and might make their loss to Stoke evolve into more of an actual wobble.

Also glad we get to play Spurs next week, they're building up some momentum with a couple of wins and I at least want a shot of halting it. They're a good team when they build up steam. And we need to take that next step and start beating the better sides, we already know we're good at stomping on the lesser ones.

We've yet to beat a top team this season, with a draw at Goodison and a loss at the Emirates. It's interesting that all our Anfield fixtures of the big matches come during the second half of the season.

I swear this will be like the third year in a row where we'll have to play Liverpool at Anfield in late April.

Fry

Looking forward to this Chelsea news. Hopefully it's something that just adds pressure and might make their loss to Stoke evolve into more of an actual wobble.

Also glad we get to play Spurs next week, they're building up some momentum with a couple of wins and I at least want a shot of halting it. They're a good team when they build up steam. And we need to take that next step and start beating the better sides, we already know we're good at stomping on the lesser ones.

We've yet to beat a top team this season, with a draw at Goodison and a loss at the Emirates. It's interesting that all our Anfield fixtures of the big matches come during the second half of the season.

If we beat Spurs I'll cum into oblivion.

Pls B rod.

How long is Gerrard out for anyway?

Arnie

The extent of Gerrard's strain is unknown. A decision will most likely be made tomorrow or Tuesday. It didn't look majorly serious but he knew instantly he needed to come off.

It could be fine with a couple days rest and some ice, or it could need a couple of weeks.

Elchele

dont worry guys. tickets will be too expensive for guys like this anyway. and the fifa will take care of hiding the rumblings outside the stadium. everything will be nice for 4 weeks and then we'll brazil again.

I wouldn't be so sure about it, surely those kind of things won't happen during the matches but afterwards? Football culture in Latin America is all about being crazy.

In Argentina clubs actually pay the ultras, despite being fucking insane people

ShogunX

He's like a shitter Yaya Toure. Looks awkward at times but is a strong runner and has a decent pass on him. Spurs can fuck right off, they already have about 67 midfielders held hostage at that club.

Hopefully we will be in for him but then we have Joe Allen coming back in to his sexually pleasing form.

Oh and Jermain Defoe said Suarez was the third best player in the world this morning. Respect to Defoe, he's still a bit shit though.

Fry

Not sure we can beat Spurs at their turf without Gerrardo and Django. But anything can happen, really.

We just can't fucking lose.

Rikkun

Cassano threw away the win, selfish cunt.

Fun match anyway, wasn't rooting against anyone despite Inter being one of the sides.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Not sure we can beat Spurs at their turf without Gerrardo and Django. But anything can happen, really.

I think we've beaten Liverpool at home every season for the last 5 years, but it's going to be close this time. Even when we lost at Anfield last season we were bossing the game at 2-1 up, and hit the post before Walker ruined everything. We generally play very well against Liverpool.

We do seem to have picked up some defensive injuries at a very bad time, we had just one CB available against Sunderland. Hopefully Rose, and one of Vertonghen or Chiriches are fit for the game. If only we could wheel out Ledley King like we used to.

Walshy

I think it could benefit us, Gerrard has gone missing in the last few big games.

Allen, Sterling, Sahko and Coutinho are all hitting form at the right time too. I'm feeling quite optimistic about the trip to WHL for the for the first time in ages.

Blablurn

Van Buyten was too old when he faced Milito in the CL Final 2010. And yet, he is still playing. He can definitely keep up in the Bundesliga these days. Impressive. but yeah, maybe we should look for a new one next season. Who knows if Badstuber comes back.

tarzan.jpg

Fry

I think it could benefit us, Gerrard has gone missing in the last few big games.

Allen, Sterling, Sahko and Coutinho are all hitting form at the right time too. I'm feeling quite optimistic about the trip to WHL for the for the first time in ages.

We'll see. Gerrard is important because of his delivery on crosses and free-kicks. He's the best in the league by far.

Linius

The best thing about it is that he passed the ball in a good way and the attack went on resulting in a chance. It's not some dumb skill move after which we lose posession.

Walshy

We'll see. Gerrard is important because of his delivery on crosses and free-kicks. He's the best in the league by far.
Yeah, it's amazing how much Rodgers has improved our set pieces. We are the most prolific in Europe, we have scored 11 this time round from set pieces.

Top Bottom