• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

I am absolutely shocked that Mourinho wants to buy a forward, greedy bastard not happy with the 4 goals from the collection of clowns up front for the club. Of course Roman will still try to convince him to get Torres to work not realizing that Torres is dead, but Ba will surely be history soon and so will Eto'o when his contract runs out in 6 months anyway.

ShogunX

I am absolutely shocked that Mourinho wants to buy a forward, greedy bastard not happy with the 4 goals from the collection of clowns up front for the club. Of course Roman will still try to convince him to get Torres to work not realizing that Torres is dead, but Ba will surely be history soon and so will Eto'o when his contract runs out in 6 months anyway.

What kind of contract is Eto'o on at Chelsea? Does it rival his Anzhi one?

If so it might go some way to explaining why Roman is wary.

I believe 9 in 10 people in the world have lips herpes, it's pretty weird to find someone without it.

Well not really that many but yeah, most people will get it in their life without knowing.

"About 50 percent to 80 percent of US adults have oral herpes. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH)"

3Sixty

I think you need to make an OT thread.

Oh god no.

You know what, fuck it, shes really nice and attractive so I'll just see how it plays out.

Fun talk guys.

(I still plan the sleeze it up with the woman of Newcastle at the weekend)

oscar-tacuara-cardozo-o.gif

you know you want him, Mou.

Hixx

That "big bad" Chelsea story is Mourinho saying he wants to get rid of all the strikers and bring in all the strikers?

Fuck me. What a nasty story, how will Chelsea fans sleep tonight?

“I try to improve my players. But it is one thing to improve a player who is 20 years old, which you can. If you ask me can I improve Eden Hazard? Yes, I can."

Is sending a bit of a signal lol

According to reports he took a huge pay cut actually (+50% ,some even say 70%). But the contract is up in the summer anyway so won't matter that much, unlike Torres who still has what seems like an eternity left on his huge contract.

Feorax

It doesn't matter. Roman has been doing this for some time now, there is no way it can have escaped his notice how poor Chelsea's strikers are.

The attacking midfielders are wonderful, but they can only do so much. When our two strikers have individually scored more than double what their strikers have combined, that's a major issue. If I were Roman, I would be less concerned about the purchasing of strikers, as I would be about letting good ones leave the club (Sturridge and Lukaku).

It's ok though, United are fucked too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/david-moyes-insists-manchester-united-2906901

David Moyes insists he will not plunge into the transfer market next month - despite Manchester United’s title crisis.

United’s 1-0 loss to Newcastle at Old Trafford saw them suffer back-to-back home defeats for the first time since 2002.

Moyes is under huge pressure with United out of the title race and facing a fight to qualify for the Champions League with a top-four finish.

But the United boss said he is unlikely to go on a huge spending spree in January , despite his squad needing drastic improvement.

Everton and England left-back Leighton Baines remains United’s only realistic target when the transfer window re-opens on January 1.

Moyes said: “In any transfer window you don’t want to be bringing in a full batch of players, so I think there’s a period of time that it takes.

“The last one was a difficult one after just joining the club, so we’ve got a window in January where, if we think if it’s right for the club, we’ll do so.

“If not, we’ll look again in the summer. This club is always looking to bring in the best talent and that won’t change.

“I don’t think I’ll feel under pressure personally to do it [buy in January] as I’ll try to do the right things.

“I tend to take my time and try to assess what are the best talents to bring in. You can see that from the players I brought in at Everton.”

United’s only summer signing was Marouane Fellaini from Everton for £27.5million, but Moyes insists he is happy with his current squad.

Moyes brought on Anderson and Wilfried Zaha, two players who have largely been ignored under him, to try to rescue the game against Newcastle.

When asked if his squad had enough depth of talent, Moyes said: “I do think the squad has got the depth and that’s why I played them [Anderson and Zaha] - to show the depth of the squad.

“I felt that we’ve had a lot of games and those boys were worthy of inclusion and that’s why we’ve involved them.

Any of you guys good at making avatars? Can you make one out of this picture?

201306191714620456973-p5.jpg

If you want to throw a santa clause hat on her that would be accepted also :p

Lukaku and Mou might be hostile if it keeps going like this.

Oh don't hold your breath on that one. Don't think Mourinho was aiming to do more than remind Lukaku that he still very much is owned by Chelsea and shouldn't ponder about future clubs open in the press like that.

Feorax

If neither United or Chelsea are going to bother buying players in Jan, I feel a lot more confident about our top 4 prospects.

ShogunX

According to reports he took a huge pay cut actually (+50% ,some even say 70%). But the contract is up in the summer anyway so won't matter that much, unlike Torres who still has what seems like an eternity left on his huge contract.

The Eto'o signing was weird really. He had declined badly in Russia and ended up playing as an attacking midfielder in our two games against Anzhi. As for Torres doesn't his contract run until 2016...ahaah I wonder how many more times he will be back or turn a corner (The new favourite Man Utd phrase).

Fully expected some kind of Torres/Falcao swap deal last summer. Then again Madrid never even owned Falcao in the first place.

If neither United or Chelsea are going to bother buying players in Jan, I feel a lot more confident about our top 4 prospects.

Said no new strikers, not no new players.

Prepare for Barkley and a few other new attacking mids being in Chelsea by the time February hits.

The Eto'o signing was weird really. He had declined badly in Russia and ended up playing as an attacking midfielder in our two games against Anzhi. As for Torres doesn't his contract run until 2016...ahaah I wonder how many more times he will be back or turn a corner (The new favourite Man Utd phrase).

Fully expected some kind of Torres/Falcao swap deal last summer. Then again Madrid never even owned Falcao in the first place.

Seems like Eto'o was the easiest solution for Lukaku wanting secured gametime, while getting someone else in for a year. It might have been a bit of a gamble but I still don't see it as that crazy. You know how in FM you have to accept philosophies before you accept the job now, like playing youngsters or whatever? I'm pretty sure Roman got that with Torres for each new manager : GET TORRES TO WORK PLS. Hopefully he will also see Mou can't get him to work, just like RDM, Waiter, AVB and Ancelotti couldn't,

Clegg

That's a fairly bog standard answer from Moyes. He says he's under no pressure to spend big, but you have to guess that he's going a bit mental behind the scenes.

Salvadora

The quality both clubs need may not be sufficiently available in a January transfer window.

Suarez's and Sturridges are few and far between.

Wilbur

Banned
Bet you go back in for Herrara.

Bet you overspend.

Bet the misery continues despite Herrera.

Wonder if Baines can do a Lahm and move into midfield?

If not, you're fucked.

doom mongers get out get out

Herrera ain't been that fantastic when I've seen him this season to be honest but Bilbao are playing well. The misery will continue for years. I've forseen it. This is going to be a long spell of shit until Darren Ferguson takes over.

ShogunX

If we don't sign a midfielder in January I'm going to perform self immolation in a Harvester

You could always bring Gibson back to the club. He's not needed at Everton anymore and I know how much you lads enjoyed shouting SHOOOOOOOOOT! anytime Gibson had the ball in the opposition half.

Salvadora

doom mongers get out get out

Herrera ain't been that fantastic when I've seen him this season to be honest but Bilbao are playing well. The misery will continue for years. I've forseen it. This is going to be a long spell of shit until Darren Ferguson takes over.
If you do sign him that will be around 60 odd million spent on that area of the pitch in less than a year.

You'd have to imagine that will be Moyes' last chance to fill the gap before being told he can't spend anymore money there.

Still can't get over paying over Fellatios release clause and get him in late in the season. That made some of City's dealings when they got rich seem professional.

Suen

Still can't get over paying over Fellatios release clause and get him in late in the season. That made some of City's dealings when they got rich seem professional.
Missed your post from before. Acquah has been mostly mediocre for now (had a great shit against Inter today though), not exactly this youngster that you think will be a future star. At the same time he doesn't get much play time so that might have something to do with it.

Now time to sleep after waking up from the truck outside :/

Wilbur

Banned
Just read a Michael Cox article on the guardian saying Barkley was the best player at the emirates in April this year in a 0-0 draw. #Moyes

You could always bring Gibson back to the club. He's not needed at Everton anymore and I know how much you lads enjoyed shouting SHOOOOOOOOOT! anytime Gibson had the ball in the opposition half.

That's true. I liked Gibbo. He had a nice face.

If you do sign him that will be around 60 odd million spent on that area of the pitch in less than a year.

You'd have to imagine that will be Moyes' last chance to fill the gap before being told he can't spend anymore money there.

I don't think they're his targets though. Fabregas was a board target. Herrera was a compromise. Fellaini was them realising no one else but an Everton player would come.

Needs to buy his own players, it served him very well at Everton.

Have we got the player for you

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5MQfxM9chwQ/UGLy_JQWtGI/AAAAAAABfzE/g0_xLDt6sRk/s1600/nocerino-17.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

He really is gorgeous. SOLD

Top Bottom