• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Fergie

Banned
hLbeMzC.gif

Fuck Allegri.

Yen

My foot has been very sore for a few weeks now - it's swollen and I'm limping (must have hurt it at qotsa). Fear I have the dreaded 'World Cup year metatarsal injury'

Wilbur

Banned
My foot has been very sore for a few weeks now - it's swollen and I'm limping (must have hurt it at qotsa). Fear I have the dreaded 'World Cup year metatarsal injury'

Tell Roy now so he doesn't pick you come June.

Which I wouldn't even rule out despite the fact you're not English.

Yen

Tell Roy now so he doesn't pick you come June.

Which I wouldn't even rule out despite the fact you're not English.

Yenrot and Januzaj sit in the passport office, Roy frantically rubbing his face.
"You see, Yenwot is a Belgian-Serb-Kosovan-Albanian-Bwit, and Andnan is a Bwitish national. Please let them play."

After Andres return football GAF had a meeting and it was decided the best option we had was to contact you, you're the only one that can calm him.

Wilbur

Banned
Man Andres' return was a great surprise. I got an erection for the first time since before Cabaye's goal when I saw him <33333 love Andres.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...pick-your-23-then-compare-to-our-choices.html

LET ME TALK ABOUT ENGLAND BECAUSE ITS SOMEHOW LESS DEPRESSING THAN UNITED

I went for:

Joe Hart
Rob Green
Fraser Forster

Green's picking up clean sheets in the Championship and has been to one before. Forster and Hart playing in Europe and are the best ones there. Foster maybe instead of Green.

Leighton Baines
Ashley Cole
Kyle Walker
Glen Johnson
Phil Jagielka
Gary Cahill
John Terry
Phil Jones

I'd be tempted to bring Clyne because he's having a better year than both right backs and can also play at left back, but given the rest of the squad space I'd have to leave him out. Props to Shaw and Gibbs who have also been very good but come up against two fantastic left backs.

Roy please get Terry back. We're fucked without him. Cahill's rank average and the alternative is Michael Dawson who will look like a fucking comatose tortoise next to most strikers. Caulker might even be a better choice than Cahill. Dunno. Fuck it.

Steven Gerrard
Michael Carrick
Frank Lampard
Aaron Lennon
Ross Barkley
Jack Wilshere
Adam Lallana

Bit of a moot point here because we all know Cleverley and Milner are going to the fucking World Cup but I couldn't bring myself to pick them. Considering how I'd line England up with three in the middle, Lampard has to be there for late goals and Barkley has to be there because he's exciting as fuck and we need his energy. Lennon's better than Townsend. Please I don't want Clev and Milner there. Please. No. Jones can do a job in midfield if its really fucking necessary.

Wayne Rooney
Daniel Sturridge
Theo Walcott
Danny Welbeck
Ricky Lambert

I'd probably start with Walcott and Welbeck on the wings to be honest, which is a poor indication of our strength out there. Welbeck was good at the Euros and will do better defensive work than some people will. Considering the ball will be in the possession of our opponents most the time, he's a good choice. Walcott is dangerous broskis. Sturridge is top but I'd probably start with Rooney up top by himself so we can get extra bodies in midfield. Lambert or Carroll for something different. Probs Lambert.

Then my first team would be:

Hart; Walker, Jagielka, Terry, Baines; Carrick, Gerrard, Wilshere; Walcott, Rooney, Welbeck

L1NETT

Instead of doing my economics homework, I've been sat in my pants reading r/askreddit

Lack of motivation to do work is the worst. Feel time seeping away.

I just pull all nighters (i can survive or 3 hours ish sleep) with a couple of these bad boys

red_bull_blue_edition.jpg

---

Right then Wilbz, let's Engerlaaaaaaaand

Hart

Johnson (see hitch) -- Cahill -- Jagielka --- Cole

Walcott ---- Wilshere----Carrick ----Lallana

Sturridge --- Rooney

#allornutting.

Wildcards: Will Hughes, Ince, Ings, Vaughn (lol).

Barkley has to go. Milner and Clev will, but they will be the 2014 version's of Heskey.

Yen

Lack of motivation to do work is the worst. Feel time seeping away.

I just pull all nighters (i can survive or 3 hours ish sleep) with a couple of these bad boys
I feel pretty crappy about my lack of productivity, especially considering I only have 9 hours of class. When all your work is 'read this boring, archaic book from 500BC/1500/1800', it's easy to be demotivated.

GorillaJu

It is frustrating that Everton's two standout players, Lukaku and Barry, are on loan from other clubs. Martinez must be given credit for signing both of them but, I really despise the way rich teams are able to send their players to teams in the same league and help keep their rivals down.

That said, Coleman and Barkley have been equally impressive for Everton. McCarthy playing well, too.

You just get that feeling Barkley is going to make the step up to United soon. He'd make a great partner for Carrick. Really hope we sign Will Hughes – in two years he'll be better than Barkley and probably Wilshere as well.

Feorax

It is frustrating that Everton's two standout players, Lukaku and Barry, are on loan from other clubs. Martinez must be given credit for signing both of them but, I really despise the way rich teams are able to send their players to teams in the same league and help keep their rivals down.

He says after Assaidi scores a late winner against Chelsea.

Top Bottom