• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Blablurn

fussballphaenomen-luca-toni.jpg

<3

rvy

Banned
Hey Bla, can I move to Germany? How hard is German to learn?
I'll join Bayern-GAF after I move there.

matic19buf3.gif

You know who deserves to win, Yurt.

Ribery shouldn't win it. The people that say he should are saying so for two reasons:

A) He won the Champions League
B) Someone other than Messi or Ronaldo should win it

Neither are valid arguments in an award for the best individual player. Which Ribery wasn't.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ribery shouldn't win it. The people that say he should are saying so for two reasons:

Neither are valid arguments in an award for the best individual player. Which Ribery wasn't.

Or you know, they actually fucking watched every single Bayern game. Which you didn't.

Jack cw

Let me guess, he shouldnt have won UEFA player of the year too, right?

Yen

Big shout out to Nationwide for sending me a card reader with two +ve batteries and no -ve one. No internet banking for me.

Or you know, they actually fucking watched every single Bayern game. Which you didn't.

If someone had watched every Bayern match, every Barca game and every Madrid game they wouldn't be saying Ribery should win.

Edit: Jack, no, he wasn't the best player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Messi out-scored and out-assisted Ronaldo, so why should it go to Cristina again?

Clegg

Guardian touting Sneijder again.

Got to try harder than that, journos. Not even a twitch.
We were linked with him during the summer too. In fact, I think those stories broke the same day we were linked with di Rossi.

we should prepare ourselves for the stories about United's transfer targets.

Wilbur

Banned
And no. No Sneijder. It would be a fucking immeasurably dumb transfer and I would have serious worries about the direction the club is heading in if we can't acknowledge the virtues of a myriad of young midfielders and instead went for an aging overrated past his best player that takes up a position currently occupied by the man we're scared of moving out of position.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Sneijder even a starter with Gala? He's almost 30 and is mainly used in Rooney/Kagawa* territory.

*could also mean bench

Fair enough, I guess we'll have to wait until then.

For the record, I think Ribery is a brilliant player and he was absolutely instrumental in Bayern's incredible season. However I think he already has his prize in the form of the 3 trophies he won last season, including the CL.

Individually I simply think Messi and Ronaldo are in another league. There is a reason they are the two most talked about footballers on the planet, the footballers with the most impressive stats, the footballers that grab the headlines. They are two of the most exciting and talented players of all time. Ribery is fantastic, but he'll not be remembered like Messi and Ronaldo. Ribery deserves his plaudits and recognition for being the best player in the best team in Europe, absolutely, but it comes in the form of the trophies his teams win because, individually, I just can't see past Messi and Ronaldo.

faridmon

I am not liking all the positive talk about our club atm. Weren't we supposed to be the little guys in the bigger fry? Stop it guardian...

Also, Metro is saying that Wenger is out to get Coleman this summer. Get the hell out. Cole man will be ours forever.

Clegg

What does it say about the quality of our scouting when the best we could come up with is a washed up 29 year old who plays in a position we're already strong in?

Slizz

Moyes hasn't got a clue of young talent abroad.

He knows Sneijders name cause he's old, therefore we are actually trying to get him.

Yen

How is FM2014? Was going to get it for dad for Christmas, but the first 4 reviews on Amazon are outstandingly negative - claiming it's broken etc.Would it run on his i3 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM Compaq CQ57?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't think WIll would ever grasp the concept of MVP. ALL ABOUT DEM GOALS AND ASSISTS
Ribery had the most assists I think?

Ronaldo and Messi will forever be better than Ribery, even Ribery knows it.

Fergie

Banned
When it happens, we just fall like rock in a pond...

We are aplying against Fulham next, how good were they against Villa?

Fulham look like they're back, but Everton just look way stronger. Results against United and Arsenal are also huge momentum boosters.

He couldn't give a toss about drawing to Cardiff and losing to Everton though.
Inside agent.

Smalling, Evra and Vidic might miss the game.

Shinji is training and looks to be available. Seems Jones and Evans or probably Rio back.

Salvadora

I am not liking all the positive talk about our club atm. Weren't we supposed to be the little guys in the bigger fry? Stop it guardian...

Also, Metro is saying that Wenger is out to get Coleman this summer. Get the hell out. Cole man will be ours forever.
Wouldn't put much credence in that.

More likely is Sagna signing a new deal or Wenger looking abroad.
Mad that we're doing so well in the CL considering people thought that's where we were really going to flop.
I don't think you have faced a real testing European side yet.

Well, expect Shakhtar but you face them this week.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think you have faced a real testing European side yet.

Well, expect Shakhtar but you face them this week.

Well beating a Leverkusen side with an aggregate of 9-2 who are second in the much vaunted Bundesliga and have just beaten (an admittedly weakened) Borussia Dortmund away is still a pretty good achievement in my eyes.

Drawing at Shakhtar where they gave Dortmund, Chelsea and Juve real games last year is pretty good too. Just because they're not the elite doesn't mean they're not decent teams.

Top Bottom