• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
Dont be so defensive. I think you could beat all of those teams on a good day. Juve and Dortmund are tough but if your lucky, they still have many injuries they have to compensate.

Dortmund's injuries would help, but we're talking mid-February. Who's back by then?

And Juventus would decimate us. They have four world class central midfielders, and three fantastic centre backs. We have one currently injured great midfielder, two past their best centre backs and three young ones.

Hixx

I love this man

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/CFF1Hlh.jpg[/IMG]

He's a petulant berk. I'd love to step on his toes just to see him squirm
leeleeleebizlk.png

Wilbur

Banned
Oh I didn't know that about the country thing. Seems bullocks for countries like England, Spain etc. with four clubs in the CL. So you can only draw within your own country from the 1/4 finals then?

Oh and I think you underrate Milan. In the CL they always seem to have a little extra. They gave Barca some good games last year. Even drawed against them this year. Basically you guys and Milan are in the same position in your own league. Big clubs not getting any results.

Yeah well in the second round obviously you only draw teams that finish second, and if you finish second you draw teams that finish first. So there's already restrictions on the draw, the country thing doesn't make too much sense but eh. From the QFs it becomes a random draw.

Not saying that Milan wouldn't be a hard game, just that like you say they're playing as poor as us right now so I'm not overly worried about them. Still two months away though! When's the draw? Is it the Friday following the games?

Jack cw

Dortmund's injuries would help, but we're talking mid-February. Who's back by then?

And Juventus would decimate us. They have four world class central midfielders, and three fantastic centre backs. We have one currently injured great midfielder, two past their best centre backs and three young ones.

Hummels and Schmelzer would be back, Bender and Sahin as well. Gündogan is an unknown. It appears that his injury is more serious. Subotic is out until next season.

You know what. A few years ago I thought the same when the quarter final was drawn - Bayern - United. I'd never thought we could made it ;)

Wilbur

Banned
Hummels and Schmelzer would be back, bender and Sahin as well. Gündogan is a unknown. It appears that his injury is more serious. Subotic is out until next season.

You know what. A few years ago I thought the same when the quarter final was drawn - Bayern - United. I'd never thought we could made it ;)

That game was so fucking stupid, I can't believe we didn't win that. We were absolutely bumming you. Rafael you dumb fuck
e3gm72f.png

Meier

Just went back and read from the CL draw. Lots of us saying City and Arsenal were already dead, and that Chelsea had an easy group.

I was a little nervous but mostly confident and then very confident when the actual schedule was released. It was fortunate that we got the games in Eastern Europe out of the way early. I think it's safe to say Arsenal have far exceeded my expectations personally.

Those goals Pogba scores are like stuff people do in FIFA where I'm like, "FUCK THAT! That's so unrealistic!"

Hixx

[IM.G]http://thebusbyway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/tumblr_mh9389yDis1qk1fueo1_500.gif[/IMG]

Right when you'd try to step on his toes he'd probably fancy footwork his foot into your face.

Then he gets a red and I win either way

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh man, pure juiciness going on at the moment.

Villas Boas was encouraged to take the deal on offer from PSG so Spurs get compensation, he's now pissed off because he doesn't approve of Levy's Summer buys, apparently, and has had multiple dressing room clashes with Adebayor and received no support from the club hierarchy.

oh dear

you've been reading goal.com

Wilbur

Banned
I was a little nervous but mostly confident and then very confident when the actual schedule was released. It was fortunate that we got the games in Eastern Europe out of the way early. I think it's safe to say Arsenal have far exceeded my expectations personally.

Those goals Pogba scores are like stuff people do in FIFA where I'm like, "FUCK THAT! That's so unrealistic!"

Yeah I thought Arse would be going out. I didn't think they'd be top either, but then we were all saying at the start of the season that if Arsenal are going to win the league they'll never have a better chance than this year.

Salvadora

I think it's safe to say Arsenal have far exceeded my expectations personally.
I think we've exceeded everyone's expectations, really.

I would see myself as quite the pessimist and the prospect of facing Dortmund (finalists), Napoli (Benitez) and Marseille was incredibly daunting. To come out of that on the cusp of finishing as winners is remarkable.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur, ditch your friends for 3 hours on the 19th and come to the Ajax-PSV game. It will be your only chance to meet Linius and Bacon!

Unfortunately it'll look fucking weird if I'm there for someone's birthday and I say "sorry lads but I'm going to be leaving you to go enjoy myself at a big football match with three randomers I met on a gaming forum while you all sit in a pub and do space cakes"

and i love fruit

faridmon

Michy Batshuayi says BVB and Arsenal are the clubs he dreams of playing for. Is this guy any good?

Wait, he's Belgian and has a very fitting name. I don't care, sign him.
Barshuayi
Aubameyang-Mkhitaryan-Blaszczykowski

That's amazing.

Dortmund: Where the name fetishes go to support their favourite team.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck is Reina doing for that goal?

And Willy Carvalho; never seen him play but saw the words defensive midfielder and realised it might mean Jones gets to play in defence

please

Linius

Quiche, you wanted to go to Feyenoord too some time right? Feyenoord - Ajax is in march I think :p

Though I'll doubt Bacon could get the ticks. Ajax - Feyenoord is always restricted to one ticket per clubcard :(

Unfortunately it'll look fucking weird if I'm there for someone's birthday and I say "sorry lads but I'm going to be leaving you to go enjoy myself at a big football match with three randomers I met on a gaming forum while you all sit in a pub and do space cakes"

and i love fruit

How long you out there for? Surely 3 hours is worth it to meet Linius and Bacon :p

I'll buy you a proper beer then, no fruit.

Still the only other drink I've tried haha.

Quiche, you wanted to go to Feyenoord too some time right? Feyenoord - Ajax is in march I think :p

Though I'll doubt Bacon could get the ticks. Ajax - Feyenoord is always restricted to one ticket per clubcard :(

That would be cool! If not I will try the Vitesse game.

Wilbur

Banned
How long you out there for? Surely 3 hours is worth it to meet Linius and Bacon :p

Still the only other drink I've tried haha.

We get there early Friday morning, go back sometime on the Sunday. Don't even know if we're there for the game actually! I honestly would love to meet you guys but I'm not sure I could wriggle away even if I am there.

We get there early Friday morning, go back sometime on the Sunday. Don't even know if we're there for the game actually! I honestly would love to meet you guys but I'm not sure I could wriggle away even if I am there.

You are the worst :'(

Edit - maybe not Vitesse that is too soon haha.

45mil for a kid that as yet to win anything. don't get fooled by Sporting, more than 10mil for him is a crime.

It's a buy out clause dummy, not his price. And don't let the salt dry those lips, Benfica only wishes it had some young home made talent like William.

And please, you fuckers sold Fabio Coentrinho for 30 million..... .... ... ..... only comparable to Anderson being bought by Man utd for 35 million.

Mastadon

Banned
I need some Liverpool news, and hopefully something good, though I fear the next bit of transfer business I'll hear about is Agger being sold. Would break my heart but also be for the best.

Yeah, I think it would be for the best at this point. Liverpool have the highest number of defensive errors in the league so far (14) and Sakho has been responsible for none of them. He passes the ball out of the back just as well as Agger does too, if not better. I think he had like a 92% pass success rate this season, which is the highest in the squad.

If Rodgers is convinced that Agger and Sahko can't play together, then I'd rather have Sakho there.

It's a buy out clause dummy, not his price. And don't let the salt dry those lips, Benfica only wishes it had some young home made talent like William.

And please, you fuckers sold Fabio Coentrinho for 30 million..... .... ... ..... only comparable to Anderson being bought by Man utd for 35 million.

Coentrão is Rio Ave's youth, not ours.

and at least he won the league and 2 cups by the time we sold him.

Carvalho is the next Bebe.

GorillaJu

Yeah, I think it would be for the best at this point. Liverpool have the highest number of defensive errors in the league so far (14) and Sakho has been responsible for none of them. He passes the ball out of the back just as well as Agger does too, if not better. I think he had like a 92% pass success rate this season, which is the highest in the squad.

If Rodgers is convinced that Agger and Sahko can't play together, then I'd rather have Sakho there.

Damning statistics. I wonder if he'd fancy a move to Spain or Germany.

bud

I think we've exceeded everyone's expectations, really.

I would see myself as quite the pessimist and the prospect of facing Dortmund (finalists), Napoli (Benitez) and Marseille was incredibly daunting. To come out of that on the cusp of finishing as winners is remarkable.

if arsenal come out on top after these next few fixtures, they will the league.

i believe.

Reading through the thread since I went beddy-byes

Shut the fuck up about Ribery winning the Balon d'Or, he doesn't deserve it. It's an award for best player in the world, not the best player for the best team. And in no way, shape, or form is Ribery, nor has he ever been, the best player in the world. Jesus.

Seriously, you guys are nearly as bad as those bellends who though Xavi should win it as some kind of fucking lifetime achievement award ala Giggs' PFA award in 2009..

Zabojnik

Shut the fuck up about Ribery winning the Balon d'Or, he doesn't deserve it. It's an award for best player in the world, not the best player for the best team. And in no way, shape, or form is Ribery, nor has he ever been, the best player in the world. Jesus.

Seriously, you guys are nearly as bad as those bellends who though Xavi should win it as some kind of fucking lifetime achievement award ala Giggs' PFA award in 2009..

Completely agree. They should give it to Robben.

Linius

Did you read every post?

Top Bottom