• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Would you guys just STOP posting in bait OT threads? No one really cares what you think, they just wanna see you get banned. -_-

Why would I want to discuss serious issues with gamers anyway, lol.

Lightning

Banned
You think you're trolling but the joke's on you. Playing Bayern would mean we've made the knockout rounds and as bad as we've been playing lately I'm not so confident we could beat Austria Vienna.
Not trolling, just poking fun. Even if you don't win, you really think Porto can beat Atletico the way both teams are playing? I have more doubts about that. They blew it yesterday.

Zenit will draw a hard team but you may get United or Chelsea or Arsenal/Dortmund who are all definitely beatable. City are screwed. They are guaranteed to get Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico or PSG. Unless Arsenal, United and Chelsea don't finish top which we all should.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BEST.

DAY.

EVER.

You found your missing keys? (alzheimer jokes since pulg is dead)

Don't you worry though, I'll be your pulg <3

Neybinho
In Europe: 0 goals and 1 assist in 5 starts
Overall:12 games 4 goals 8 assists and anemic.

Gareth Bale
Europe: 2 goals in 2 starts. Dat ratio
Overall: 8 starts 6 goals 5 assists and he's so healthy and sexy that you might as well call him Portuguese (the PC version of men)
Hyypia embarrassed
Moyes ecstatic
Evans joyous
Juventus advancing
Madrid happy
Rafa sad
Chelsea jammy
Bayern smug

Football ist kaput

BEST.

DAY.

EVER.

Not trolling, just poking fun. Even if you don't win, you really think Porto can beat Atletico the way both teams are playing? I have more doubts about that. They blew it yesterday.

Zenit will draw a hard team but you may get United or Chelsea or Arsenal/Dortmund who are all definitely beatable. City are screwed. They are guaranteed to get Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico or PSG. Unless Arsenal, United and Chelsea don't finish top which we all should.

Atletico will lay down for Porto in some sort of anti-Gazprom Iberian anschluss. Mark my words. We'll have to take care of this ourselves. If we do advance though I'll be happy with anybody except Barca/Real/Bayern. PSG would be nice actually. The new El Cashico.

FootballFan

You found your missing keys? (alzheimer jokes since pulg is dead)

Don't you worry though, I'll be your pulg <3

Neybinho
In Europe: 0 goals and 1 assist in 5 starts
Overall:12 games 4 goals 8 assists and anemic.

Gareth Bale
Europe: 2 goals in 2 stars. Dat ratio
Overall: 8 starts 6 goals 5 assists and he's so healthy and sexy that you might as well call him Portuguese (the PC version of men)

TWO TEAM LEAGUE STATS:
1. BARCELONA
2. ATLETICO
3. WHO GIVES A SHIT

Bale is part of section 3. Neygod is the reason we are at number 1.

Badge on the front > Name at the back bro. Got that from Goal! the movie, directed by Danny Cannon. Released 2005. Starring Stannis Baratheon.

BEST.

DAY.

EVER.

At this rate I can see Giggs fully realising his dream of being on the cover of a Fifa game.

Obligatory:
A0HqiBcCQAAnwcP.jpg:large

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f11%2fOscar-Top-Image22.jpg

Mou redeemed?

TWO TEAM LEAGUE STATS:
1. BARCELONA
2. ATLETICO
3. WHO GIVES A SHIT

You know you have nothing when you start pulling league tables.

Matri was top of the league for almost two years straight, and he's possibly the worst player in European football.

FootballFan

You know you have nothing when you start pulling league tables.

Matri was top of the league for almost two years straight, and he's possibly the worst player in European football.

True but Neymar is the reason we are 1. Matri wasn't the reason his team was on top, it was because
serie a is corrupt
Vidal and Conte are great.

Had to go to work when it was 0-2, are Leverkusen simply not ready for any kind of assault on the CL? Also, does it say anything about the quality of the Bundesliga that the team sitting comortably in second was absolutely smashed at home by a team (using a third-string midfield may I add) lucky to come away from Cardiff with a point?

Disheartening to see that Man Utd still have that knack of scoring just as their opposition starts to put their foot down :p

@FF, I knew what that spoiler would say, and it still made me laugh

Lightning

Banned
True but Neymar is the reason we are 1. Matri wasn't the reason his team was on top, it was because
serie a is corrupt
Fabregas, Iniesta and Xavi are the reason you're top. Song too! Arsenal helping you out with Song.

Leverkusen are a good team, Hitcher. Shocking the United results but they definitely deserve their table spot, they were consistent last season too.

FootballFan

Fabregas, Iniesta and Xavi are the reason you're top. Song too! Arsenal helping you out with Song.

Xavi is 45, Iniesta won't play well until his wages are doubled, Messi has been injured, Fabrelol, Slolng.

Octopus, Valdes, Neygod and Sanchez are the stars so far if you had to pick.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
serie a is corrupt

and you know you have nothing when you pull the corrupt card, HAH!

No, he is not the reason why your team is in 1st place.

Barcelona 4 : 1 Real Sociedad (1 assist and a goal)
Barcelona 4 : 1 Valladolid (scored the fourth goal and assisted the third)
Barcelona 4 : 0 Granada (assisted the third goal)
Barcelona 4 : 0 Ajax (assisted the third goal)
Real Betis 1 : 4 Barcelona (the opener against a poor team)

ALL DEM USELESS ASSISTS AND GOALS. And really, dives shouldn't count as an assist anymore.

Edit:err I made a mistake earlier. Neymar started in 15 games, almost DOUBLE the amount of Bale.

Received my first ticket for excessive speeding last night after 5 years of driving. 70km/h where the limit was 50km/h. 80 euros and -5 points on my driving license. Fuck everything.

Anyway. The game wasn't all that great, but the third goal was beautiful. Pirlo was so. Freaking. Good. Pogba too, when you see him live it's really something else, his movement is fantastic.
Once again, I was freezing to death, but at least this time we were prepared and wasn't as bad as it was with Lazio in February.

The Curva Sud also seemed really pissed at the stands above the benches (where Agnelli and the board sits): I get that they're angry after the whole chants-against-Napoli thing, but it seemed a bit much. I mean, every 10 minutes there was a new banner above us against that sector of the stadium. It didn't help that they left the match 10 minutes before the final whistle.

FootballFan

and you know you have nothing when you pull the corrupt card, HAH!

No, he is not the reason why your team is in 1st place.

Barcelona 4 : 1 Real Sociedad (1 assist and a goal)
Barcelona 4 : 1 Valladolid (scored the fourth goal and assisted the third)
Barcelona 4 : 0 Granada (assisted the third goal)
Barcelona 4 : 0 Ajax (assisted the third goal)
Real Betis 1 : 4 Barcelona (the opener against a poor team)

ALL DEM USELESS ASSISTS AND GOALS. And really, dives shouldn't count as an assist anymore.

According to your favourite whoscored.com, he's been one of the best performers in Europe.

I'll take that. :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^The ratings are based on stats, not how 'useless' they are. Ranocchia was Italy's best CB last year, and Lucio was our 'best' player...

@FF, I knew what that spoiler would say, and it still made me laugh

It's to be expected. Since you have low standards in everything.

Apparently we are the villains of this thread :lol

Villains in a thread full of 3 teamers. We are the heroes this thread needs but doesn't deserve or however that shitty batman saying goes.

These cunts should feel priveleged to have us here. They deserve the likes of Omiee and Naughty God, yet we stick around through pure altruism, elevating the thread from the sub-gamefaqs dirge it would be without us to the greatest thread on the internet. And what do we get for such charity? Scorn and abuse. From three-team cunts, racists and South Americans.

They don't know they're fucking born.

Arbeloa scored? WEDNESDAY REDEEMED

FootballFan

^The ratings are based on stats, not how 'useless' they are. Ranocchia was Italy's best CB last year, and Lucio was our 'best' player.

So iniesta sucks because his stats are shit, but neymar sucks even though his stats make him only worse than ronaldo and messi on whoscored?

Hehe. Do they matter or not bro, pls teach us.

FootballFan

These cunts should feel priveleged to have us here. They deserve the likes of Omiee and Naughty God, yet we stick around through pure altruism, elevating the thread from the sub-gamefaqs dirge it would be without us to the greatest thread on the internet. And what do we get for such charity? Scorn and abuse. From three-team cunts, racists and South Americans.

They don't know they're fucking born

Yep. Amazing post.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Curva Sud also seemed really pissed at the stands above the benches (where Agnelli and the board sits): I get that they're angry after the whole chants-against-Napoli thing, but it seemed a bit much. I mean, every 10 minutes there was a new banner above us against that sector of the stadium. It didn't help that they left the match 10 minutes before the final whistle.
I honestly don't get why they're still mad about this. They're embarrassing really.
Scorn and abuse. From three-team cunts, racists and South Americans.
Isn't that a bit racist too.. *drafting a PM to a mod*
Are you being intentionally daft?

bjaelke

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/11/27/soccer-champions-dortmund-idINL5N0JC1LZ20131127
Midfielder Sven Bender slipped into the central defence and despite suffering a broken nose, continued to battle on bravely, as did 21-year-old Erik Durm, who is making a name for himself at left back in place of the injured Marcel Schmelzer.

"We see our situation in a very relaxed way and are focused exclusively on us. There has been no internal pressure from anyone at the club," Klopp said.

"It was important that he (Bender) stayed on because of his performance," he said. "It was a great game for him and we had to change his bloodied shirt several times. The last one we got from the club shop."
KuGsj.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dat non answer

When you don't score or assist enough = you're bad, regardless

Giovinco scoring 8 useless goals = 8/10 on Whoscored
Messi scoring 8 decisive goals = 8/10 on Whoscored

But go ahead and clutch at straws baby ;) Dat never gonna bother with your posts again

Walshy

Liverpool-GAF, we have been linked with Ryan Bertrand in the Telegraph today for £8m, would you take him or would you want us to look elsewhere? If he's as any good as the last Chelsea player we bought, then I'd say go for it.

Pat Rice has been diagnosed with cancer :(
That's absolutely awful, hopefully he can make a recovery.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@LiverpoolGAF: Borini wants to return to Italy in January according to his agent. On a loan deal, apparently.

Pat Rice has been diagnosed with cancer :(
Terrible.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

Did they mention which type of cancer?

Walshy

@LiverpoolGAF: Borini wants to return to Italy in January according to his agent. On a loan deal, apparently.
Would we let anyone even take him on loan again? Haven't been watching too much Sunderland games but he seems to either have flopped at Sunderland or not been given enough games, I'm going with the former.

Hopefully he gets his career on track but I don't think there is room for a striker like him in the modern game.

GorillaJu

Would we let anyone even take him on loan again? Haven't been watching too much Sunderland games but he seems to either have flopped at Sunderland or not been given enough games, I'm going with the former.

Hopefully he gets his career on track but I don't think there is room for a striker like him in the modern game.

The thing I read says he wants a chance to get some games so he can develop some kind of consistency before the world cup. Said we aren't willing to sell, but a loan to Inter is okay.

sohois

The thing I read says he wants a chance to get some games so he can develop some kind of consistency before the world cup. Said we aren't willing to sell, but a loan to Inter is okay.

Seems like Inter would be a much better fit for him. No point keeping him at Sunderland with the games he's getting. Plus there were rumours that Lazio were willing to recoup the money we paid for him in the summer, so if he's being put in the shop window then again Italy is the better option

Kenka

Alright I vented off.

In my current state, I still think Hyppiä should be fired for preparing the team poorly. The fact that the team let two goals in the first 20 minutes shows how unconcentrated they were. The fact also that the entire squad fell apart after the second goal proved that they were not mentally prepared to see things not unfold the way they foresaw them.

In both cases, clearly, the mental preparation of the game was poor. Hyppiä is responsible and I do think he should pack. The team should never ever let that happen again. Sacking the manager would be the right repentance message.

Top Bottom