• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Atletico are really good on FM, in the semi-finals of the CL against Arsenal having beat Utd 2-1 on aggregate and Napoli 6-3 on aggregate. Koke is so damn good.

Fergie

Banned
WHO'S READY FOR EUROPA LEAGUE TONIGHT

WOOOOOOO
A4IDukk.png

After Rooney, Jones has been United's most consistent performer this season. I've been really impressed by him. Outplayed Arteta, Ramsey and Ozil a few weeks ago and outplayed Bender last night. Needs more games at centre half though.

He's had some good games. It really shows how valuable it is having a nasty harassing cunt that can tackle (looking at you Fellaini) in midfield. Our style means we need to intercept and turn play around quickly. We got none of that with Clev and Fellaini in midfield at the weekend.

Kassu

Banned
Let's imagine Hyppiä was in charge of Liverpool and you get your ass handed at home by the likes of Schalke with all players on the pitch incapable of passing and not being motivated at all. Would you call that a shame ? Would you call that a disgrace ? Wouldn't you want the club to send the right signal after such routing ?
Don't get me wrong, of course it's disgrace and it shouldn't never happen again. I just think that sacking a manager in the middle of the season after one bad result is not the right decision at all. Getting rid of Hyypiä so soon would just make your team even less motivated and you probably don't want that just to send some meaningless message. Look at Chelsea, they seem to have that approach and they change their manager almost every season and because of that they really aren't consistent enough despite having one the best squads in the world.

Also I don't support Liverpool, I just want Hyypiä to succeed because he's Finnish and our football culture needs success stories to grow up. Also our local team in Finland is in the same kind of situation like you, we have a rookie manager and last season he made some mistakes and we lost matches against lesser opponents but in the end we got promoted to Veikkausliiga which was our goal.

Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you just have to accept that and look at the bigger picture. Of course if your team plays bad matches constantly you should get rid of your manager, but that isn't something you do after first bad match.

Clegg

He's had some good games. It really shows how valuable it is having a nasty harassing cunt that can tackle (looking at you Fellaini) in midfield. Our style means we need to intercept and turn play around quickly. We got none of that with Clev and Fellaini in midfield at the weekend.
If he could pass the ball then I'd have liked to see him move to midfield permanently. Centre half is his future position but hw does a good job as a holding midfielder when he's told to mark tightly and tackle.

We also saw a glimpse of why we bought Ando all those years ago. Bursting through tacklers and sprinting 50 yards with the ball towards the opposition goal. Shame he missed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(warning tumblr gifs)

Marchisio stealing Vidal's match ball

tumblr_mwyewsytKP1qcxfxbo2_250.gif

52 - Since his arrival in 11/12, Arturo Vidal has been involved in 52 goals (32G+20A). More than any other Juventus player

tumblr_mwyfn0yoR51qcxfxbo1_500.gif

Our very own Chilean Ramsey ain't he? THE KING OF KINGS

http://abload.de/img/lemme-bej0k61.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b94eb3eed3235266d76729050c4c1154/tumblr_mwxxhuxdPY1s8z5rho1_400.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

rip in peaces sir pulg and Jupp

Average player positions in the last 4 games. Obviously, the Leverkusen game is at the top left. This is what a lot of United fans have been shouting at Pulga, but he somehow doesn't get it. When Rooney plays as a number 10, we often play a 4-4-2 no matter the intended formation. He doesn't play like a normal number 10, and there is often a big gap between the midfield and strikers. The actual game he did play like a number 10 was the Fulham game and it's no surprise we scored 3 in the first half of that match.

jbtLV1BsnoyvUJ.png

United have to find a way to play more fluid and keep everyone happy.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a shame Rooney is so averse to playing out of the position he prefers the most, because him on the left and Shinji behind RVP would work really well I think. He'd be great defensively, he could cut inside and shoot and cross, he could dovetail with Kagawa so that he did get into the middle... shame really.

It's a shame Rooney is so averse to playing out of the position he prefers the most, because him on the left and Shinji behind RVP would work really well I think. He'd be great defensively, he could cut inside and shoot and cross, he could dovetail with Kagawa so that he did get into the middle... shame really.

I think the shit play also stems from having midfielders who are static and do not take risks. Giggs went forward and also had the balls to play forward passes. He put a lot of attackers in great positions yesterday and offered a passing option up the field. Fellaini and Clev just defer to the attackers. The wingers and the strikers have to come up with a moment of individual brilliance and it's very predictable.

Btw, I hated seeing Young on the pitch yesterday. Oh my god I just hate Young. This isn't healthy guys.

sohois

Think I'll buy a 3DS tomorrow. Not entirely sure to go for a North American or European one though, fucking Nintendo and their region locking. I want to play Bravely Default, but also want to play SMT IV. Expect it'll be difficult to get a European version anyway so I'll suppose I'll just have to wait it out til Feb.

As a side note, it's really weird to me how I can just go out and buy a 3DS. When I was a teenager buying a console was a big fucking deal, even for a handheld. Even games could take some weeks to save up for. I literally just decided today to buy a 3DS and that's all there is to it now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
one day, I'm gonna stop editing my posts

one day
Btw, I hated seeing Young on the pitch yesterday. Oh my god I just hate Young. This isn't healthy guys.
Young serves one purpose only: to humiliate your opponent.

"Come on man we had YOUNG on the pitch
KuGsj.gif
"

He's a walking bukkake, if you will.

L1NETT

Re: Witcher 2. Before you play it, research the lore. If you don't, you will be fucking confused.

But fucking amazing game, up there in my top 5 of all time :)

Splatt

Can anyone post that gif of Joe Hart where's he's standing in front of goal with hands on his hips and the camera slowly focuses on the fans dancing in the background?

Kenka

Don't get me wrong, of course it's disgrace and it shouldn't never happen again. I just think that sacking a manager in the middle of the season after one bad result is not the right decision at all. Getting rid of Hyypiä so soon would just make your team even less motivated and you probably don't want that just to send some meaningless message. Look at Chelsea, they seem to have that approach and they change their manager almost every season and because of that they really aren't consistent enough despite having one the best squads in the world.

Also I don't support Liverpool, I just want Hyypiä to succeed because he's Finnish and our football culture needs success stories to grow up. Also our local team in Finland is in the same kind of situation like you, we have a rookie manager and last season he made some mistakes and we lost matches against lesser opponents but in the end we got promoted to Veikkausliiga which was our goal.

Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you just have to accept that and look at the bigger picture. Of course if your team plays bad matches constantly you should get rid of your manager, but that isn't something you do after first bad match.

Kenka the fact that you want Hyypia sacked after one bad result is fucking mental.
Kiitos TPK and Wilbur.
There was much at stake during this evening. Leverkusen were facing an opponent that was beatable at home and had a chance to get through if they won.

And what the world saw was that the 2nd of the current Bundesliga season began the game like dilettantes and lost their nerves afterwards when they got rightly punished for their lack of implication. Not only this costs the Bundesliga points in the UEFA ranking but also a good chunk of credibility for the league.

You can bet that the DFL and Völler are currently discussing what the best reaction to this routing would be. To me, it would be the sacking of Hyppiä and the reintroduction of Lewandowski, who is a superior trainer anyway.

And the sacking in itself is not enough to me. I would want the Leverkusen board to publically announce a reform of their management workflow to give more priority to scouting and mental preparation for the youth and senior teams. What we saw tonight is even worse than the 2002-2003 season when Leverkusen finished the second group stage with 0 pts.

The Lore is something in game?

There is lots of lore and nooks and shit, but not sure what the fuck you would be confused with. The main character got amnesia, so you just go ahead and roleplay as him not knowing much of anything. I didn't play through much of witcher 1 or read anything else and I enjoyed it a lot and never felt I was left out of some explanation.

Wilbur

Banned
Nahh Kenka. I dunno. They're second in the league. One terrible performance does not warrant a sacking.

Why isn't GT6 out on ps4

Top Bottom