• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Messi

Barca playing him in that match was a damning indictment of the entire club

I agree 100% every game after the first PSG game last season was a complete joke. Playing Messi in the league that we had already won with an injury showed just how spineless the club had become and how willing they were to listen to Messi instead of the doctors. Messi's ego is why he is still injured now.

operon

I agree 100% every game after the first PSG game last season was a complete joke. Playing Messi in the league that we had already won with an injury showed just how spineless the club had become and how willing they were to listen to Messi instead of the doctors. Messi's ego is why he is still injured now.
But we keep getting told it is due to ped withdrawal

TeddyBoy

Oh well, at least Alberto should get a run now (I hope, fuck off Moses).

In better news, Daily Fail saying Salah was at Anfield on Saturday.

No Henderson is a big blow, he chases the ball loads and he cover up for Gerrard's lack of stamina (although I guess that isn't a problem now either >.>).

I don;t get it either. All the articles I read in the summer said he was a shit winger and an average number 10, but he can work wonders if you stick him up top.

He showed his ability in pre-season, but as soon as the league begins, he's out wide or behind Sturridge. Then he gets dropped for Suarez' return (understandable), and now Sturridge is injured, he still can't get a game, whilst Moses (who is apparently shit out wide, up top and at number 10) keeps getting chance after chance.

Madness...

I'm not totally sure whats going on with Aspas, but he did have those reports of being very homesick and wanting to return to Spain. He had his break out season at quite an old age and was at Celta Vigo from their academy, so its quite understandable if he isn't in a mental state to play :/

Rodgers has also showed in the past that he's willing to play players who put the effort in and field the best starting 11 possible, without considering the age of the players*. I trust Rodgers to pick the best 11 and if Aspas isn't in it, then I don't think he should be in it.

*Except for Gerrard, he's the only player who's not been shuffled, but with his injury now, I wonder if Rodgers will leave him out of the starting 11 permanently if we do well.

Also, to avoid quoting you for a third time, I'm only counting 4 of our starting 11 injured (Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson and Sturridge) even though that is quite alot, but that just means if we win we can say we have strength in depth :p

Wilbur

Banned
hYVbr2p.png

Meier

So City vs Blackburn in the next round of the FA Cup. Will Jeff's favorite keeper Joe Hart play this since he's the backup now?

L1NETT

the gaming section is a carnival of stupid some times

Yeah, but sometimes I think they can be bang on. Problem is that there a bunch of humourless Jeremy Clarkson types, who have their opinion and they are RIGHT no matter what anyone else says. I ain;t gonna be the schmuck who names names, but any Killzone thread should give you a decent idea :p

---

Football wise, fucking shake my head at those football fixing twats.

Ian Goodison (who fucking TRIED to get sent off against us earlier this season) and DJ Campbell, fuck off. Come back, and then fuck off again.

I think gaming side is one of the best video game communities. This speaks more towards the type of people that play games and not the type that sign up for GAF.

Lightning

Banned
Ronaldo deserves it, Messi will win it
An equal case could be made for Messi. Unfortunate with injuries but aside from that has been immense. Destroyed Milan almost on his own, inspired Barca to yet another La Liga. Injuries are the only thing that's agsinst him.

Ronaldo had an average qualifying campaign for Portugal until destroying Sweden in the playoffs. Got sent off against Atletico in the cup final, didn't play that well against Dortmund in the semis and couldn't inspire Madrid to a trophy. Done many great things but Messi still better for me.

shame it's freezing cold here, got 2 free tickets to watch hometown heroes V. Setúbal play tonight vs Académica. hopefully i'll get free tickets for when Benfica visits.

Clegg

Ugh.

Neville on MNF showing stats from the weekends football. United were the team with the fewest passes in the opposition third. 18th out of 18.

Another stat in the last three games United have fallen behind in they've only managed to create four changes after going a goal down.

Wilbur

Banned
Ugh.

Neville on MNF showing stats from the weekends football. United were the team with the fewest passes in the opposition third. 18th and of 18.

Another stat in the last three games United have fallen behind in they've only managed to create four changes after going a goal down.

:/ oh dear

Makes me laugh how much people have talked about Adnan's Newcastle performance, just because he's one of 2 Man Utd players who didn't embarass themselves.

The Raheem Dream Machine > Viktor Navorski

Top Bottom