• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Okay. Young's face as an icon would be nice, right?

BecCPys.jpg

8vNikjz.png

Yeah, but sometimes I think they can be bang on. Problem is that there a bunch of humourless Jeremy Clarkson types, who have their opinion and they are RIGHT no matter what anyone else says. I ain;t gonna be the schmuck who names names, but any Killzone thread should give you a decent idea :p

Is this about the guy that told Arnie something along the lines of "you've probably never played Killzone or you played it for 5 minutes and came to the wrong conclusion" and then went off on one about how the lack of auto aim made it better than a game that doesn't even have auto aim...?

bobito

Banned
Is this about the guy that told Arnie something along the lines of "you've probably never played Killzone or you played it for 5 minutes and came to the wrong conclusion" and then went off on one about how the lack of auto aim made it better than a game that doesn't even have auto aim...?

lol

Table looks so weird. Hull are two points behind United as it stands, and only a point behind the team that everyone's been raving about this season.

And Bruce is supposed to be a shit manager

kharma45

5 hours into BioShock Infinite, so far so good. Seems to have got a lot of stick on GAF but I'm liking what I've played up to now.

Arnie

That guy is so odd. And that Nib fella is an absolute zealot, too.

I love the 'bread and butter' phrase they use to describe it's multiplayer. Pretty fucking apt considering nobody eats bread and butter when there's an actual alternative and those that do are usually starving.

5 hours into BioShock Infinite, so far so good. Seems to have got a lot of stick on GAF but I'm liking what I've played up to now.

Just seemed like the usual backlash, game is pretty damn good although still suffering from the first bioshocks problem of eventually becoming too much of a wave based shooter were you just really want to move on and see more of the story/world rather than shoot people.

Wilbur

Banned
Just seemed like the usual backlash, game is pretty damn good although still suffering from the first bioshocks problem of eventually becoming too much of a wave based shooter were you just really want to move on and see more of the story/world rather than shoot people.

This was my problem with the first one eventually, really loved the start but got bored in the end.

L1NETT

Err probably. There is a couple of absolute donkeys in every single KZ thread. Telling someone their opinion is the wrong conclusion is barmy though.

Although saying that if someone slagged off Timesplitters 2 I might lose my shit :p

40 hours into Skyrim. I feel I've wasted my time. It's always the same shit over and over again. I should've gotten Bioshock Infinite.

Such a souless game. Like walking round a copied and pasted Cotswolds. Even though it's buggy as A Bug's Life Extended DVD Bug cut, I enjoy Fallout NV far more than any slop Bethesda have put out. 4000 boring quests doesn't make up for a couple of decent ones.

CD Project will save us from this Dragon Age/Elder Scrolls snoozefest (DA:O was good mind)

i played some Killzone MP at my mate's place a few days ago. i liked it. i liked how kill/death ratio is de-emphasized vs actual team work. and the graphics looked stunning.

It isn't a bad game at all. People were complaining that a shooter has shooting in it.

The complaints about the shooting is valid, it becomes downright tedious following the same patterns again and again, of already not that great gunplay. The first uncharted was like this as well with locking you into these small arenas with wave after wave that seemed a bit separate from the rest of the world, but improved quite a bit with Uncharted 2 that also still suffered from it, to a lesser extend.

But it was hilarious seeing the general opinion going from FANTASTIC to Meh.

kharma45

I think I'm the only one who genuinely enjoyed the combat.

I like it, feels pretty satisfying thus far but already I do sort of feel what Wooden said, it's a wave based shooter. In saying that it's not enough to put me off.

It isn't a bad game at all. People were complaining that a shooter has shooting in it.

The horror.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Err probably. There is a couple of absolute donkeys in every single KZ thread. Telling someone their opinion is the wrong conclusion is barmy though.

Although saying that if someone slagged off Timesplitters 2 I might lose my shit :p

Such a souless game. Like walking round a copied and pasted Cotswolds. Even though it's buggy as A Bug's Life Extended DVD Bug cut, I enjoy Fallout NV far more than any slop Bethesda have put out. 4000 boring quests doesn't make up for a couple of decent ones.

CD Project will save us from this Dragon Age/Elder Scrolls snoozefest (DA:O was good mind)
Fallout NV ♡♡

Feorax

I had no problem with the mechanics of Bioshock Infinite. I just really didn't like the story as it progressed. It feels like it tried to be too clever for it's own good.

Top Bottom