• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Zabojnik

Yurt said:
Zabo -_-

Nainggolan (on his ttwitter) denied he was househunting in Torino -_-

-_-

Oh noes, it's RVP all over again! He too was looking for a house in Torino.

I had no problem with the mechanics of Bioshock Infinite. I just really didn't like the story as it progressed. It feels like it tried to be too clever for it's own good.

I thought the story was great, especially when compared to the stories we usually get in vidyagames. The combat got repetitive over time, but it wasn't nowhere near as bad as backlash-GAF made it out to be.

Good game, for sure.

dc89

No.
xs9I3eX.png
6JM0nXe.png
ij9J9EfdS3z6H.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
ieWQRwVFXk29S.png
iihWQLLqnH60r.png
ibqokmtG7Tdf4k.png
ihLXKJ418snrh.png
iyIEIP15d8gqE.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
ibkWhdzJaFWgi0.png
ismgqxX0j3t6i.png
iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

ibw1NGxaahG2bY.png
ixb3rnHleTPC5.png
ilC5XGsvUC3hT.png
ibjTBd7KCVSiG.png
ibxD1F6RCcusG7.png
iQL2bfbIseR4S.png
ikIdkvj7JNMdL.png
iFouxvaAbI7KQ.png
ibw9ufWuGoCuMW.png
irYFuAK0JOwM1.png
iRSE6Jqj0HXqO.png
i8957fqPeVaa7.png

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif
ibzeqCJtvoUAS9.png
ihZlIonspw0Nt.png
ipJWj5mUR0n0Z.png
ibcNQAHUqwCbN5.png
ifC9F8b25UMR1.png
iXAxO6sN167w.png
iUXxlq4uPXezv.png
iKtK7XiVSxEiC.gif
ieBViOIubAlm1.png
ibjS0ikdF4t1W8.png
iAMrOJj3G3HBL.png
ibq5G5N0FzZNC2.png

ixaByTZZCBL15.png
i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png
ikmdBLnjoQ8O8.png
i2jh80atGPQWU.png
i3ARti9yAxhaK.png
ibe2eBwkp2ll07.png
ibh6TCXvFRwyuz.png
i7dpiKYLNAyne.png
ibmj54zWq9Q35F.png
ibfSksFQSo49bT.png
iZ53JYcGpsWZX.png
icIOoInZD1SkQ.png
iKmmmdHMxjC92.png
SIzwYkR.png
e3QKUlM.png
FcxTZpk.png
sP7iyxF.png
EuvEO5Z.png
xPSlPCU.png
daMPIzy.png
Wj5WlpD.png
MBDLekp.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
TmMPSj7.png

ibwcBonDKYPehR.gif
ijIyZZsapk5g1.png
iLvSr19JLEXbT.png
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png
i0d3DqsHTfM5c.png
ibnknTsRyPVBLg.png
iTsEFQMEPjIEZ.png
iYYyJe67M4IFa.png
ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png
imkY3ltUmlEKW.png

iBKjbtCGofnFt.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
iOFDY3EGYr41N.png
i0L5wyK3Lah1z.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
ibxich6LIjue00.png
ib17jzq2i4exPI.png
xXHQfd9.png
SgYahwF.png
Dtnw1r8.png
5cvsYSv.png
H7f6VNr.png
gzdtIVu.png
nzmp8vD.png
e3gm72f.png
qCJl17s.png

030Qxpm.png
leeleeleebizlk.png

the lack of MCFC in this disgusts me.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
how would you experts on here rate manu's chances against shaktar tomorrow? feel like betting, but i have little faith in moyes's boys.

To be honest I thought there were way too many stupid/boring quests in New Vegas as well, but Skyrim just takes it to the next level. It doesn't help that combat is pretty limited. I don't know, I found Morrowind a lot more compelling back then.

The combat is the fucking worst. At least you could semi enjoy even the boring quests if there was some good actual gameplay to it, but it just fucking sucks and they need to stop with the gamebryo shit that is so clearly still is despite them claiming otherwise. Fuck bethesda.

Labadal

Wouldn't surprise me if United are in the title race by the end of the season. United have been bad, but so have other teams.

5 hours into BioShock Infinite, so far so good. Seems to have got a lot of stick on GAF but I'm liking what I've played up to now.

I really enjoyed the first 2 hours a lot, just walking around and listening to people talk and such. I wish there was more of that.

Otherwise it was really fun, the story was interesting and kept me going and the shooting was satisfying enough.

That said; the last 2 waves are fairly bad, the one before the last wave is poor but simple to go through if you know what you're doing. The last wave is total crap, unnecessarily difficult and lengthy.

Wilbur

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if United are in the title race by the end of the season. United have been bad, but so have other teams.

We'll improve, but after Christmas I think Chelsea will find another level and just relentlessly pick up points, and City's home form is much too strong. Fourth's the best we can hope for I think.

Tc91

It would surprise me.

We've gone down the shitter. Gonna be interesting to see the first summer window under Moyes I hope he doesn't cock it up. Don't really trust him to rebuild this squad.

L1NETT

Phahaa. They live in Tamworth though, so Chiles gets the last laugh by not living there.

----

Agree re: Skyrim. Combat is just awful, and unlike Fallout NV I did not have fun at all exploring the world. The fact that Obsidian made a desert more interesting to explore and interact with than anything Bethesda have put out says a lot.

Hyped for Fallout 4 (whenever it comes). But cautious.

Clegg

Depends on our transfer activity imo. We need someone good to come in and give the players a boost.

It also requires Moyes to settle on a first 11. He's used too many different partnerships in midfield and the players look uneasy because of it. I suppose that can't be helped though. The midfielders he has at has disposal are all pretty poor bar Carrick.

Wilbur

Banned
Depends on our transfer activity imo. We need someone good to come in and give the players a boost.

It also requires Moyes to settle on a first 11. He's used too many different partnerships in midfield and the players look uneasy because of it. I suppose that can't be helped though. The midfielders he has at has disposal are all pretty poor bar Carrick.

His hand's been forced a bit considering Carrick's out but Jones has to be starting full back every single game as much as possible. Need to get him settled there.

So talking to the people who were playing PS4 Pro Clubs it seems like having a Footy-GAF meet-up could happen around March/April!

The idea would be I would book us a 5/7 a side Football court for 2 hours so we can play some football and then afterwards go find some pubs and clubs or shit.

We would probably do it in Sheffield as it is kind of halfway between the people in the north and south innit.

http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=30

So far happy with the idea are -

Wilbur
WJD
Hixx
Kyoufu
Me

anyone else up for this?

Salvadora

Arsenal still losing ♫
All you gunners fans are still booing ♫
Us man are winning ♫
3 points cus' we sayin' ♫

We them Moyes boys, bitch ♫
We them Moyes boys, pussy ♫

You know what's the fucking worst about Skyrim besides the complete and utter lack of depth (of combat)? That in Skyrim you can't just freely switch pathes. In the old games you could decide "Hey, that's a great sword, let's see how things work out". No, of course not. I'm a mage, I can't just go into 1-on-1 combat because my HP and stamina suck ass.

Do the main path quests and that's all you need if you're not into it.

Skyrim can get boring when you realise that enemies scale, so there's no real threat from walking around the world and fighting a giant. Most side quests have the same structure and that gets really uninteresting quickly if you're looking for things like the main quest. The combat is too simple and that is much more evident when fighting the masters or whatever the game calls them. You'll have to fight one in the main story and those enemies don't scale so I guess you might need some grind before fighting him.

I still spent like 80 hours in the game though, the world is really lively and doing shit, joining factions and being a general asshole was like playing the sims in between New Zealand hills.

Labadal

I think that with a transfer or two, United will do good.

Evans (yes, him), Vidic, Jones, Rafael
Carrick, Fellaini (can't be shit forever)
Rooney, van Persie, Januzaj

A new defender and midfielder should do.

L1NETT

Sheffield? Middle? Quiche pls

Sure I'm down. But why not do it....in the midlands
Not just cause I live here now :p

His hand's been forced a bit considering Carrick's out but Jones has to be starting full back every single game as much as possible. Need to get him settled there.

Jones as a full back?
xs9I3eX.png

how would you experts on here rate manu's chances against shaktar tomorrow? feel like betting, but i have little faith in moyes's boys.

We've been pretty good in Europe. I'm going for a 3-1 win tomorrow.

#TeamSkyrimIsShite

My gut feeling is always right when it comes to games.

No it's not ♫

You didn't like the last of us ♫

the only meaningful story in video games ♫

truly a turning point for the industry ♫

some say it's the citizen kane of vgs ♫

I say lol wtf man ♫

but I see what they mean ♫

that is if they mean now people will bother with story and make decent characters ♫

i know why you hated though ♫

i really don't ♫

3Sixty

So talking to the people who were playing PS4 Pro Clubs it seems like having a Footy-GAF meet-up could happen around March/April!

The idea would be I would book us a 5/7 a side Football court for 2 hours so we can play some football and then afterwards go find some pubs and clubs or shit.

We would probably do it in Sheffield as it is kind of halfway between the people in the north and south innit.

http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDetails.aspx?BranchId=30

So far happy with the idea are -

Wilbur
WJD
Hixx
Kyoufu
Me

anyone else up for this?

Fucking Sheffield. Who the fuck is in Sheffield. I would consider going if i could A) Go in goal. B) Everyone goes out on the piss after.

ShogunX

Well Hixx and Will when I asked before said that this was the furthest they would fucking travel. I don't really know where else to do it :lol

Do it in Liverpool. Seriously. The city has everything. Astro turf, clubs, sluts, cheap hotels, both a train line and national express station in the middle and best of all it has TWO KFC's.

Top Bottom