• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wait, who got perma'd?

Also, lol at this.

Wkv8kpE.jpg

Gif of the season tbh

ibf5mR8xvzxCdY.gif

No coincidence that we started playing better after Constant and Muntari were injured. So of course Allegri will insert them both back into the lineup ASAP, the troll.

Just like the fact that Zapata played almost every single match so far and we had four shitty months defense-wise. Apparently Emanuelson's foot is so swollen that he can't even put on a boot, I'm afraid we'll have to see Constant. Muntari shouldn't play, having him in the starting XI would mean that we won't try to win it and just wait for them to score the first goal. Which is basically what we did vs Livorno. De Jong doesn't look fit as well, btw. It looks like either Muntari or Nocerino will play. A rock and a hard place.

Or, you know, they'll both play and kill football for good.

Clegg

I did say Arnie's knob would get us all in trouble.

We need to go on a recruitment drive for new posters. More Arnie's less Kipless.

Gorlak

Banned
Is there some kind of rule that the moderating staff won't discuss any bans?

The least one could do is to explain the situation, show of the lines that were crossed and in addition justify the bans (& duration) people have to face now.
In many boards mods tend to act and keep silent rather than trying to create an atmosphere of understanding.

Maybe it's still kind of early to judge because it happened half a day ago, but an official statement will clear minds and stop speculations immediately.

edit: I saw the TOS, so discussing is out of option, but trying to explain and make people understand will prevent further incidents.

Salvadora

Has anyone in here watched Friday Night Lights?

I saw it on Netflix and avoided it due to complete disinterest in American football, but I'm just done watching the first two episodes and it's really, really good.

Is there some kind of rule that the moderating staff won't discuss any bans?

The least one could do is to explain the situation, show of the lines that were crossed and in addition justify the bans (& duration) people have to face now.
In many boards mods tend to act and keep silent rather than trying to create an atmosphere of understanding.

Maybe it's still kind of early to judge because it happened half a day ago, but an official statement will clear minds and stop speculations immediately.

Mumei should release an official statement, I agree

phaze

I saw it on Netflix and avoided it due to complete disinterest in American football, but I'm just done watching the first two episodes and it's really, really good.

It's great. Didn't have a a clue about AF but that never hampered my enjoyment of the show.

Tegris

Yeah, FNL is great, and you'll probably be pleased to know that the focus on American Football is reduced as the show goes on.

If you find that the second season is noticeably worse, push through it - the quality picks up dramatically after it.

Interesting statistic of the day:

Every time BVB scored a goal in France in an European cup, they reached the cup final (UEFA cup in 1993 and 2002, CL in 1997).
You could also say that every time we scored a goal in France in the CL, we went on to win it.

Anyone score pls

Salvadora

Yes, and it's amazing.

It's great. Didn't have a a clue about AF but that never hampered my enjoyment of the show.
Yeah it's strange.

I'm no closer to understanding the sport, but yet it doesn't make a difference. It's really well shot too.
Yeah, FNL is great, and you'll probably be pleased to know that the focus on American Football is reduced as the show goes on.

If you find that the second season is noticeably worse, push through it - the quality picks up dramatically after it.
That writer's strike really messed up a whole lot of TV/movies.

Jack cw

Pls. Evilore and I go way back. We share budo.
I dont think he even knows that football gaf exists.
Interesting statistic of the day:

Every time BVB scored a goal in France in an European cup, they reached the cup final (UEFA cup in 1993 and 2002, CL in 1997).
You could also say that every time we scored a goal in France in the CL, we went on to win it.

Anyone score pls

Final isnt in Munich this time, though ;)

dc89

City U19 play Bayern shortly. A defeat puts City out.

Team:
Gunn, Bossaerts, Facey, Denayer, Angelino, Glendon, Fofana, Bytyqi, Pozo, Cole, Lopes

@StuBrennanMEN 7m
Just spoke to Brian Marwood, who stresses the importance of experiencing pressure situations like this - a defeat puts City out

Suen

What a season to get a 6 month ban in...
Honestly when you think of how Moyes United is doing it's not strange that some Moyes fans would ask to have their pain stopped banned

My predictions after those bans: Arsenal will win their games, Arse-GAF will get more confident as the second half of the season goes on, some of us will get over-confident and Wilbrrr will rage on whatsapp about how all of us
Salva, bud and Lightning
in Arse-GAF are a bunch of apes.

So if you score a goal and end up 3rd you'll reach the Europa League final?

I can't back that up, statistically! The goals have been scored in the respectives cups in the past. So most likely, one BVB goal and a Marseille win would result in Arsenal beating Napoli and us still finishing second.

Juventus probable XI vs Galatasaray: Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Asamoah, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Tevez, Llorente

Galatasaray probably XI: Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Melo, Sneijder, Drogba

We're fucked.

Top Bottom