• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Blablurn

Lol... Metal Gear... what a shit of a series has it become. Man MGS4 disapointed me nearly as much as the 2012 CL final.

Saw your comment in the MGS thread, Couldn't agree more. Reminds me that I still need to play the Mass Effect series. You are always raving about it :eek:

Supposedly Lambert wants to take de Bruyne on loan. I wish. And that we're back in for John Guidetti. I wish.

Oooh. Looking forward to it. Am I the only one who enjoyed the Broderick one?

I liked it, too Wes.

Hixx

So anybody care to explain the events which led to the bans and that?

someone (wooden?) posted a pic of arnold's sock draw

then people started posting erotic wilbur gifs

before it went xxx with someone posting his bare bollocks

i dont even know why wilb and arnold were banned, they didn't post any gifs

TeddyBoy

What is the footy-gaf group on whatsapp

Some of the more older members of FootyGAF use the smartphone app WhatsApp to post things and images that would normally get banned on GAF, in WhatsApp instead (so they don't get banned here).

Just read back a few pages and looks like people were trying to organise some 5-a-side in Sheffield.

Is this still a thing? I'm game if so.

I'm pretty sure everyone who said yes to this was banned except for Quiche unfortunately :/

Jack cw

Oooh. Looking forward to it. Am I the only one who enjoyed the Broderick one?

Loved it! This and Mission Impossible 2 were my favourite trash moives. I still confuse Broderick with that Alan harper guy.
tumblr_l6jwp4R4nW1qc2de7o1_500.jpg

Saw your comment in the MGS thread, Couldn't agree more. Reminds me that I still need to play the Mass Effect series. You are always raving about it :eek:
ME1 is a masterpiece, ME2 had some great character driven story and ME3, was mostly meh, but the ending is still fantastic and one of the best in gaming history.

someone (wooden?) posted a pic of arnold's sock draw

then people started posting erotic wilbur gifs

before it went xxx with someone posting his bare bollocks

i dont even know why wilb and arnold were banned, they didn't post any gifs
So all I missed was a pair of conkers? Can't say I'm disappointed.

Everyone including themselves know they were toeing the line. I highly doubt your comment had anything to do with it and I think quite a few people were more or less in agreement anyway.

Yep. One of those times where you see a thread has turned into a graveyard, then when you read through it to see what happened you can see everyone inching towards making bannable posts, and you wonder why they didn't see it coming

When you can feel it happening, abandon thread :p

Scum

Man Utd 2 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Bayern Munich 3 - 3 Man City
Real Sociedad 1 - 2 Bayer 04 Leverkusen
FC Copenhagen 1 - 4 Real Madrid
Galatasaray 2 - 3 Juventus
Benfica 1 - 2 Paris Saint Germain
Olympiakos 2 - 0 RSC Anderlecht
Viktoria Plzen 1 - 2 CSKA Moscow

faridmon

Oh, man. I am gonna miss Wodden. He was teh coolest person here. 6 month is damn too long. I would have said Sleepless was missable, but again, I miss that dork.

The other two? not so much. Talk about netting Barkely of us will just destroy any friendship I have of anyone. Good riddance!

dc89

For the final time:

GIF's of Wilburys testicles and Arnie in his LFC were posted.
Then a massacre occurred. Go back and read the reaction, surely you can work it out.

Oh, man. I am gonna miss Wodden. He was teh coolest person here. 6 month is damn too long. I would have said Sleepless was missable, but again, I miss that dork.

The other two? not so much. Talk about netting Barkely of us will just destroy any friendship I have of anyone. Good riddance!

How come you get all the top quality scousers? No fair :(

What do you do when it turns out that one of your friends is a homophobe?

#Blablurnquestion

Seriously though.

@farid, if we throw in Suso, can we have Oviedo?

man, gifs of Wilbur's soft, hairless body sent people home again.

The dream of Icaros was to fly crimson sky
Higher than our gods of dying ancient might
I reach for the memory of dying starlight
To paint my name with fires of morning sky

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hearthstone is digital crack :|

Why did no-one warn me

faridmon

What do you do when it turns out that one of your friends is a homophobe?

#Blablurnquestion

Seriously though.

@farid, if we throw in Suso, can we have Oviedo?

You said quality, not some boot-filling Costa Rican metrosexual.

Come on, I am hating myself for putting Osman on the market for you lot.

OK fine. Suarez will do...

operon

We need in on the whats app group to get a more detailed story on this, Wilbur will be missed especially Arnie whose great fashion sense combined with godly knowledge of football displayed by the amazing team that he supports will be missed, six months

Blablurn

Nope. I'm completely liberal when it comes to equality, but I'm not forceful enough to tell him that I'm not comfortable at all with constant gay jokes and abuse.

What does the Qur'an say about gays? Wonder if its religiously and culturally influenced.

Just get over it. Spare yourself some drama.

Tc91

I got into the beta the same day my PS4 came. I was really looking forward to trying it... still haven't even booted it up yet.

Played it once, not played it since.

2 of my friends can't get enough of it but it didn't click with me.

faridmon

Nope. I'm completely liberal when it comes to equality, but I'm not forceful enough to tell him that I'm not comfortable at all with constant gay jokes and abuse.

What does the Qur'an say about gays? Wonder if its religiously and culturally influenced.

For your first question, as long as that homophobe doesn't announce his hatred and malice towards the Gays, I am OK with him, but if he happens to open his stupid mouth to always slag off people just because, then its not OK to friend that person.

and yes, there is certain things in Quran (or in Islam in general) that alludes to the inhabitation of being gay, but Homophobic remarks is a no no since, its not your fucking business what the other person is or what is he doing.]

That is my two cents, so I hope I don't offend anyone.

faridmon

Not that easy. If its just him and a group of friends that all know each other well then that will work.

If he's out in public and that carries on, it gets uncomfortable.

dump him I say. Not worth all those uncomfortable and embarrassing situations.

Top Bottom