• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Milan was a disgrace. Foul attacks, no intension of playing football only delaying the game, ball boy nowhere to be seen, even the manager hit the ball out of the hand of a Ajax player while throwing in.
Completely anti-football. I can not understand how anyone supporting Milan can be proud of this team/game.

We aren't proud of the game, we're proud to being in the knockout round. Again, we had a red card after 20 minutes or so, it's hard to play like that for every team, not just Milan. Especially if you're facing a team that is slightly better as of today.

Or, if anybody expected Milan to play like the best team ever even in 10 men, please, contact Galliani and send your CV to him.

Nyx

Got to love the different views on Milan - Ajax.

Dutch Media :

''Great Ajax forget to score''
''Milan plays anti-football in own stadium''
''Montelivo's foul a disgrace''

Italian Media:

''Heroic Milan beat immature Ajax''
''Poulsen is a crybaby, Montelivo did nothing wrong''

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Oh man I don't remember anything from the CL or hell all of yesterday for that matter.
Kids, don't eat multiple 2mg xanax throughout the morning. I just remember laying on the couch and then it's like one big "SCENE MISSING" in my head.

What the hell happened to Juve? I mean besides the snow and the match being postponed one day, etc... How did they actually lose to a Roberto Mancini managed team in an important CL game?

I feel for Napoli. Dortmund won't do anything in the next round with their 1,294 injuries.

Wait, Arsenal didn't win the group? HA!

LOL at Porto missing a PK and losing to Atletico's bench. All Portuguese teams are tomato cans, including the NT.

No excuses for Zenit's cowardly backing into the round of 16. The matches were played simultaneous ffs.

Figures the first Barca match I miss in months (I even saw them beat up something called FC Cartagena for Copa del Rey during the weekend) and NEYGOD has a treble.

Got to love the different views on Milan - Ajax.

Dutch Media :

''Great Ajax forget to score''
''Milan plays anti-football in own stadium''
''Montelivo's foul a disgrace''

Italian Media:

''Heroic Milan beat immature Ajax''
''Poulsen is a crybaby, Montelivo did nothing wrong''
The bolded is pretty much on point. Can't say a lot about Montolivo foul because from our point of view looked like it was a worth a yellow card at best, but from what I read this morning the red card was fair. Ajax created a lot but (except for a couple of shots and Poulsen header) never really seem to know what they were doing, the ball has been dangerously close to our box for a lot of time but nothing came out of it.

And Poulsen is awful, shouldn't even come near a football pitch. I thought this when he was at Schalke (saw that match too at San Siro, Gattuso screamed at his face at the end. Priceless), at Juve was simply mediocre and yesterday proved once again what player he is.

Arjen

Hey Ajax fans, who was more anti-football Milan or Celtic?

Milan for sure, acting like someone ripped out their guts at every touch and being cunts in general.

The bolded is pretty much on point. Can't say a lot about Montolivo foul because from our point of view looked like it was a worth a yellow card at best, but from what I read this morning the red card was fair. Ajax created a lot but (except for a couple of shots and Poulsen header) never really seem to know what they were doing, the ball has been dangerously close to our box for a lot of time but nothing came out of it.

It was definitly a red.
827008876.gif

Hixx

Why did you delete it?

because even in the first round of tournaments i was being drawn against teams packed with in-form 85+ players while my squad was around 76.

Even when you beat them you have to play in such a crap way it's not just fun so I deleted it. if i didn't i knew i'd keep playing it despite it annoying the fuck out of me

You'd still probably beat me hah. I'll wait though.

So much harder to get coins in FIFA 14 than it was in FIFA 13.

their removal of the coin boosts from the catalogue is disgraceful

it takes too long to build a competent team now because of the lesser coin income.

because even in the first round of tournaments i was being drawn against teams packed with in-form 85+ players while my squad was around 76.

Even when you beat them you have to play in such a crap way it's not just fun so I deleted it. if i didn't i knew i'd keep playing it despite it annoying the fuck out of me

Clubs?

Fuck tournaments anyway, just play seasons

LegoArmo

their removal of the coin boosts from the catalogue is disgraceful

it takes too long to build a competent team now because of the lesser coin income.

That's true. I have a couple of 20k-ish teams, but I've been messing about on the web app with the daily gifts and stuff for a month or so before I got the game.

Now that that's stopped and I'm actually playing the game, it's a slow grind with a lot of money going on contracts.

I finished up with about 2 million coins in FIFA 13 without ever spending a penny of real money. I'll be lucky if I can break 100k in this.

Hixx

Clubs?

Fuck tournaments anyway, just play seasons

I went to tournaments because I played 4 games in a row in seasons that were dull or frustrating as fuck. There was one game where in the first half I had 11 shots on target. He had Cech in goal and he was pulling out ridiculous saves. When you get to a certain area in the box and you finesse it and it always goes in? Not against this cunt. I scored 1 goal.

He has 4 shots in the second half, my keeper (ter Stegen) palms them all out and he gets 4 goals.

I can't

fifa is dead

We had a post almost exactly like this a month ago, and nothing came of it.

Twitter-gobshites, spill the beans or shut the fuck up.

Well, it seems like someone did spill their beans into someone else
iKtK7XiVSxEiC.gif

LegoArmo

I went to tournaments because I played 4 games in a row in seasons that were dull or frustrating as fuck. There was one game where in the first half I had 11 shots on target. He had Cech in goal and he was pulling out ridiculous saves. When you get to a certain area in the box and you finesse it and it always goes in? Not against this cunt. I scored 1 goal.

He has 4 shots in the second half, my keeper (ter Stegen) palms them all out and he gets 4 goals.

I can't

fifa is dead

This was what my initial experience was like and you told me FIFA 14 was great and it just required a higher skill level. Pssh you.

I can't

fifa is dead
]

Well that, to me, seems like the thing that would create an uninteresting, unfun game.

But each to their own!

Hixx

This was what my initial experience was like and you told me FIFA 14 was great and it just required a higher skill level. Pssh you.

fut is a different beast

A DIFFERENT BEAST

Well that, to me, seems like the thing that would create an uninteresting, unfun game.

But each to their own!

but its true though

99/100 if you are standing parallel to one post and you finesse it towards the other from inside the box it goes in

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Top Bottom