• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Kassu

Banned
Well shit, something has to be broken in my computer. Yesterdays problem came back and again I can't turn the computer on anymore. Tried to check if all the cables were fully connected but wasn't able to fix anything. I think the problem is in the power supply but I have no idea how these things work and unless my friend can somehow fix it I'm stuck with using ipad as my computer for a while. These kind of things really make you hate PC gaming, I don't have money to replace any parts so soon..

At least this ipad is quite enjoyable to use, not sure if I can watch streams with this though.

That feeling after a win. Last time it was a month ago, it's ridiculous.

--

Pazzini and El Shaarawy are back, they'll train today with the rest of the team and one of them could be on the bench next Sunday. We missed both of them, a lot, considering the 4-3-2-1 that Allegri used yesterday El Shaa and Kakà could play right behind Balotelli and we could become a little more deadly upfront. Bonera and Zapata were great yesterday, but I prefer to see Mexes as our CB, Bonera could be a good bench player just in case.

rvy

Banned
Someone pls use VDV's face as an emoticon.

BaEwKUzCIAAuAxQ.png

watyeiaf.png

Well shit, something has to be broken in my computer. Yesterdays problem came back and again I can't turn the computer on anymore. Tried to check if all the cables were fully connected but wasn't able to fix anything. I think the problem is in the power supply but I have no idea how these things work and unless my friend can somehow fix it I'm stuck with using ipad as my computer for a while. These kind of things really make you hate PC gaming, I don't have money to replace any parts so soon..

At least this ipad is quite enjoyable to use, not sure if I can watch streams with this though.

Have you been overclocking?

Ahahahahaha cuckold Vaart.

That feeling after a win. Last time it was a month ago, it's ridiculous.

--

Pazzini and El Shaarawy are back, they'll train today with the rest of the team and one of them could be on the bench next Sunday. We missed both of them, a lot, considering the 4-3-2-1 that Allegri used yesterday El Shaa and Kakà could play right behind Balotelli and we could become a little more deadly upfront. Bonera and Zapata were great yesterday, but I prefer to see Mexes as our CB, Bonera could be a good bench player just in case.

Came to post about Pazzo and El Sha being back. It is brilliant news, but I wonder how many weeks we will have to deal with Matri and Birsa/Robinho starting before Allegri decides to give either of these guys their comeback as a starter.

I also really wonder how Honda is going to fit in with all this. Hopefully Max will have the balls to play with Balo, El Sha, Kaka, and Honda at the same time, though I seriously doubt it.

Part of me also suspects that El Sha will be sold in January, maybe Honda is coming in to replace him.

Came to post about Pazzo and El Sha being back. It is brilliant news, but I wonder how many weeks we will have to deal with Matri and Birsa/Robinho starting before Allegri decides to give either of these guys their comeback as a starter.

I also really wonder how Honda is going to fit in with all this. Hopefully Max will have the balls to play with Balo, El Sha, Kaka, and Honda at the same time, though I seriously doubt it.

Part of me also suspects that El Sha will be sold in January, maybe Honda is coming in to replace him.
Pazzini and El Shaa back would mean Birsa and Matri on the bench (or, regarding Matri, sold right away), at least for a competent manager. But, as you said, it'll probably take a lot of time to see Pazzini from the start, I'm guessing Allegri will wait until January, after all he was injured for six-seven months, so he wouldn't rush him.

Honda will probably cover Kakà while he'll try to breathe for a few weeks, right now he's one of the few playing like he should and he could end up like El Shaa last year: brilliant from August until December, then a really mediocre/bad spring.

Also, how would you play with those four together? El Shaa on the left, Kakà in the middle, Honda on the right wing, Balo upfront as a lonely striker? If Rami proves to be really good and trustworthy and the rest of the team plays like it should, maybe Allegri will try it in a game or two vs inferior teams. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect anything more.

I don't think we'll sell El Shaa in January, he's already played with us in the CL, selling him now would mean earning a bit less than what we would've earned in the Summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Evening Standard:

Andre Villas-Boas's position as Tottenham manager is under increasing scrutiny from disgruntled board members but he is not facing an imminent threat of the sack.

Standard Sport understands there are members of the club’s hierarchy who are questioning Villas-Boas’s methods in the wake of the 6-0 humiliation away to ­Manchester City on Sunday.

It is believed informal discussions have taken place over his ongoing suitability at the club but they remain prepared to back the 36-year-old for the time being given the significant summer outlay on players and the fact they remain just two points outside the Premier League’s top four.

Makes sense that we are simply scrutinizing his performance more closely rather looking to get rid immediately. I think we can beat United but AVB has to be ruthless, players like Paulinho have flopped in every big game and we need to make sure the team is built around a midfield of Sandro - Dembele. Those two were superb at Old Trafford last season and they will want to put things right in this game. As shit as we've been we are just 4 points off second and have played Everton, Arsenal and City away, it's not a disaster yet.

Blablurn

Finished Call of Duty campaign. Was alright. At least better than the shit that was BF4. Gaming is dead. I wanna play smth good. Mario look like what I want. But im not paying 250 for a wii u lol.

Also, how would you play with those four together? El Shaa on the left, Kakà in the middle, Honda on the right wing, Balo upfront as a lonely striker? If Rami proves to be really good and trustworthy and the rest of the team plays like it should, maybe Allegri will try it in a game or two vs inferior teams. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect anything more.

Yeah, I meant a 4-2-3-1. It's clearly the formation most suited to our players, especially after Honda arrives, and particularly against weaker teams that park the bus. But like I said, I doubt Allegri has the balls to try something like that. Doing so would require benching Muntari which is a very drastic move for Max.

Kenka

4 epl teams, 4 German teams, 3 Spanish teams, 2 Italian teams with Napoli unlucky accounts for 13 of the 16 spots from just 4 leagues. That's domination.

Schakle are going to beat Basel at home, thus qualifying. Leverkusen are in the strong position to qualify as well.
Top 3 (leagues) are really holding Europe in their palm right now. You shouldn't write Basel off though, Schalke are REALLY unpredictable.

Also, BundesliGAF, any word about Julian Green ? How good is he actually ?

TeddyBoy

Evening Standard:

Makes sense that we are simply scrutinizing his performance more closely rather looking to get rid immediately. I think we can beat United but AVB has to be ruthless, players like Paulinho have flopped in every big game and we need to make sure the team is built around a midfield of Sandro - Dembele. Those two were superb at Old Trafford last season and they will want to put things right in this game. As shit as we've been we are just 4 points off second and have played Everton, Arsenal and City away, it's not a disaster yet.

I made a joke with my mate at the weekend that AVB should go, but I can't believe Spurs are actually thinking about sacking him. His results aren't that bad and his points total isn't too bad either, but his league wins themselves are really dire, Spurs are simply boring to watch :(

If AVB did go however, since there aren't many managers out of the job, you're going to have to pinch someone already taken, would any of Laudrup (£10 release clause, contracted to 2015), Lambert (contracted to 2015) or Pochettino (Unknown) interest you? :)

Wilbur

Banned
It's been too long

@MUFC_Facebook: phil jones the diagnostix of the team. the hi-kommander. amen

@MUFC_Facebook: I missed personally yÓu CHICA.. My regards to your gf ;-) ;-) - hail to narnia

@MUFC_Facebook: boringness boringness boringness!!! but i still like manchester *boringness* utd wit the main coach david *boringness* moyew

@MUFC_Facebook: dave n rio r like twins but 12 yrs apart lol. nd different skin

@MUFC_Facebook: after tht win i feel so good i will eat spinach pizza even tho it is unhealthy

@MUFC_Facebook: smallings always lokks sleepy but very gud player. am so happy. lol. weldon guys gr8 work

@MUFC_Facebook: Unlucky carrick get bk training soon time for Anderson cleverly flanny n GIGGSY to do the business:))

@MUFC_Facebook: LOL WITHOUT CARRICK WE R LIKE HOT DOGS WIT NO RELISH

@MUFC_Facebook: manU fans r like family lol but if i mary a manU fan she will not count as my sis lol

@MUFC_Facebook: Please dont be mad but fellaini acts a little like a clumsy elephant

@MUFC_Facebook: o 1 day soon i no, my heart will go "ho-ho" (like santa) nd manchester unit wil finally b winnin games more, o o or

@MUFC_Facebook: Manchester United the jungle master

Blablurn

Top 3 (leagues) are really holding Europe in their palm right now. You shouldn't write Basel off though, Schalke are REALLY unpredictable.

He is very good. And he is actually in todays squad because Mandzu stayed in Munich.

Linius

Ajax and Basel both have good cards to pull trough. Basel even more than we do I reckon.

It's been too long

@MUFC_Facebook: phil jones the diagnostix of the team. the hi-kommander. amen

@MUFC_Facebook: I missed personally yÓu CHICA.. My regards to your gf ;-) ;-) - hail to narnia

@MUFC_Facebook: boringness boringness boringness!!! but i still like manchester *boringness* utd wit the main coach david *boringness* moyew

@MUFC_Facebook: dave n rio r like twins but 12 yrs apart lol. nd different skin

@MUFC_Facebook: after tht win i feel so good i will eat spinach pizza even tho it is unhealthy

@MUFC_Facebook: smallings always lokks sleepy but very gud player. am so happy. lol. weldon guys gr8 work

@MUFC_Facebook: Unlucky carrick get bk training soon time for Anderson cleverly flanny n GIGGSY to do the business:))

@MUFC_Facebook: LOL WITHOUT CARRICK WE R LIKE HOT DOGS WIT NO RELISH

@MUFC_Facebook: manU fans r like family lol but if i mary a manU fan she will not count as my sis lol

@MUFC_Facebook: Please dont be mad but fellaini acts a little like a clumsy elephant

@MUFC_Facebook: o 1 day soon i no, my heart will go "ho-ho" (like santa) nd manchester unit wil finally b winnin games more, o o or

@MUFC_Facebook: Manchester United the jungle master

"my nickname for chicarito is charming chicarito" will always be my favourite

Meier

I suppose we could get Laudrup if we got rid of AVB but I still think it's too early to make that decision.

I really think that a few goals will fix everything, there is this horrible anxiety around the team and the longer we go without scoring the more confidence drains away. None of the players look like they are enjoying their football at the moment, they are really feeling the pressure. AVB needs to get them a bit more relaxed.
You guys need a point at worse versus United then need to absolutely batter Fulham and Sunderland. Liverpool and Soton after that won't be easy. Pretty rough fixture list coming up with another United game on January 1.

Wilbur

Banned
Bought Mike Tyson's book this morning. It's pretty amazing so far.

Edit: He doesn't make good music Wilbz

You don't like rap at all though, so... dunno, your opinion on his music should be discredited lol. Fair enough to those who say "no this rapper is much better than him", but you don't like the genre at all haha

Fry

Kanye has made some great, great music, but Yeezus feels like an average album at this point of the year, plus he is sounding like a moron for a while now. He looks like a deluded, brain-washed fucktard.

Top Bottom