• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
I really really like Yeezus but I get why people don't.

Eh, no biggie. Music discussions here always turn into shit slinging lol.

Let's talk about 40 year old Ryan Giggs starting tonight. Remember how amazing he was against Madrid? Please Giggles

Mastadon

Banned
MBDTF is genuinely a masterpiece, every song is fantastic

This. Although I have to say Yeezus hasn't held up that well after a few months since its release. I think a lot of its charm relies on the initial impact and the immediacy of the songs.

Still easily in the top 5 rap albums of the year though.

Wilbur

Banned
One of the Juve bros might want a new avatar ;_;

Paul%20Pogba.jpg

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2013-review/2013/11/24/paul-pogba

Daggers to the heart reading that

Wilbur

Banned
Ryan Giggs is now a better midfielder than Frank Lampard.

Discuss.

I said the other week but the deification of Lampard really makes me dislike him even though he seems perfectly decent.

He's been pretty shitty for the majority of the last few years but you never see it commented on; he still scores goals I suppose but Chelsea could be a far better team if they replaced him pretty fucking quickly. Van Ginkel's injury was unfortunate I guess.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham are confident they are ahead of Chelsea and Manchester United in the race to sign Southampton star Luke Shaw.

Shaw only turned 18 in July but has already made 35 Premier League appearances for Southampton and three for England Under 21s.

Shaw's representatives have a strong relationship with Tottenham. His agent also represents Spurs forward Erik Lamela.

Rose and Shaw would be two great options at LB. Or if we want to save £20m we could just recall BAE. Having just one left back is killing us, AVB was a fool not to replace him.

bud23

Bought Mike Tyson's book this morning. It's pretty amazing so far.

Edit: He doesn't make good music Wilbz

Tyson is fascinating. A brief look at him and you´ll see a total dumbass, but that´s scratch the glacier. He´s a true philosopher, and his words are deeper than all the shit that Plato or Descartes said.

For example;

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.

or

It’s no doubt I am going to win this fight and I feel confident about winning this fight. I normally don’t do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn’t talk anymore… Unless you want to, you know.

And like these ad infinitum. I didn´t even know about this book, but now i need to get it .

Wilbur

Banned
Can't wait to see Arcade Fire in Blackpool tonight, anyone see them in London earlier this month?

Yeah they were fantastic. Expect a very Reflektor heavy set list but they were great. I'm gonna try and get tickets Friday for their arena tour next summer

sohois

Rose and Shaw would be two great options at LB. Or if we want to save £20m we could just recall BAE. Having just one left back is killing us, AVB was a fool not to replace him.

I'm not really sure why a lot of bigger clubs are still so presumptuous about signing players that they are linked to...ok for a team like Atletico that have big financial problems, but often you see with the likes of Southampton or Dortmund or even Juventus this assumption that the clubs will just bend over. Tottenham themselves were once such a club. These clubs have no reason whatsoever to sell and more often than not the ones bending over will be the buying clubs.

I can simply see no reason why Southampton would sell Shaw this January or even in the summer. Unless you want to talk about saving £30mil instead of £20

Walshy

Yeah they were fantastic. Expect a very Reflektor heavy set list but they were great. I'm gonna try and get tickets Friday for their arena tour next summer
What was the dress code like? On our tickets it says to dress smart?

The venue for it looks great. Hopefully they do Awful Sound and Afterlife off Reflektor, I really liked the new album.

Wilbur

Banned
Forza Bayer

What's United's group like? Are you through already?

I think we qualify with a draw. We're on 8 points, Leverkusen on 7 I think. Shakhtar I'm not sure. I don't know. Leave me alone.

What was the dress code like? On our tickets it says to dress smart?

The venus for it looks great. Hopefully they do Awful Sound and Afterlife off Reflektor, I really liked the new album.

You don't have to dress smart but the majority did, I wore a naughty blazer and a bow tie

Afterlife is brilliant live, everyone was dancing instead of jumping up and down like mongoloids at a Green Day gig

Alduin

This should be interesting..
Steve Kean officially unveiled as the new manager of my local club, Brunei DPMM FC.
fPngoy5.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
This should be interesting..
Steve Kean officially unveiled as the new manager of my local club, Brunei DPMM FC.
http://i.imgur.com/fPngoy5.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Lol brilliant. Keep us informed!

[quote="Yurt, post: 91492711"]He's shit at Demon's Souls, therefore irrelevant. He might as well listen to Kanye West.[/QUOTE]

:( am I irrelevant yurt-chan

Two Copenhagen supporters got stabbed in Torino, a bunch of Juve supporters started yelling at them while they were eating at a restaurant (some of the min Copenhagen gear) and then proceeded to stab a man and a woman of them.

gxgYrxG.jpg

In Naples they would probably only have stolen their watches.

Top Bottom