• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
So it seems like they're selling them are different points of the season for the next 7/8 games.

Before it used to be a rolling basis so they'd go on general sale at a set time period ahead of each fixture. Now games for a 2/3 month period all have their tickets on sale at once.

Something like that anyway.

Ah fuck. I was gonna try and get tickets in the new year, couldn't afford it before Crimbo but wanted to get some when my next loan came in. I guess they'll put the games for Feb/March up at the same time then?

Please tell me you're joking? Please

Nope. Sausages, like a proper fucking sausage not some shitty frankfurter, is infinitely better than bacon

Beef sausages > bacon

Because beef is fucking BEEF yo

Best meat at the carvery homes <3

Wilbur

Banned
Mikael Silvestre &#8207;@IamMSilvestre 45m
Turkey is still in the oven . Had to shoot it first ! #happythanksgiving

BaMyQ2LCAAAaM9l.jpg:large

Scum

Just seen Man of Steel. Fun. Now onto Iron Man 2.

@Wilbur, what on God's given Earth have you done to your avatar??

Clegg

malcolm-glazer.jpg

Tbf I have no idea if it's motivated by money or how it would add to the coffers...and I can see it being quite helpful for alot of people too.

Just wanted to get some tickets and now I have to wait for a good while.

Bloody Glazers.

Ah I misread your initial post. I thought the Glazer's were trying to lock you in to buying certain tickets.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah. I haven't redeemed it yet cause I don't have my PS4. In Newbury only an hour away from me! Hoping for a early delivery!

Yeah ours is half an hour away in croydon!

If I'm feeling silly I might get the code tomorrow. I'll see how I feel! I have the money, just ain't spending it yet

Salazar

Article about Chopra's gambling losses

Chopra began his career at Newcastle United and was once tipped to become the new Alan Shearer because of his prolific goalscoring record in the youth and reserve teams. His problems began when he was promoted to the first team squad, alongside star names like Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Kieron Dyer and Titus Bramble.

"Players would gamble on the bus and I got involved. We would take thousands of pounds onto the bus, anything up to £30,000 ($53,900). It might change hands playing cards on the bus. It was part of team bonding. We were playing for real cash, if you were playing for £30,000 you would have it with you at the time. I have probably lost about £2 million ($3.59 million)."

Wilbur

Banned
Just finished watching the thick of it series 4 again. Genuinely one of the most incredible tv shows ever. Astonishing joke ratio, phenomenal acting and writing, eerily relevant. Capaldi's just a magnificent actor.

Now I need to shit and wank and sleep

fuenf

Happy PS4-DAY footyGAF.

I got bored waiting for the DHL guy to arrive and decided to gif some stuff from Bayern's last CL game. As of late, this thread seems to be lacking BayernGifs ;)
kinda ironic how Neuer does a Genzo Wakabayashi-like save against Honda

iAGhv1s2qMjo5.gif

isf32BENespbN.gif

irvPcjUYoHpMX.gif

short:
iVYNqZPzppQeH.gif

FootballFan

Looking at that FourFourTwo list again... some of them are spot on (Busquets above Xavi), some of them well off (Busquets below Iniesta). Higuain 40 spots above Diego Costa and Xavi 20 spots above Vidal will give me nightmares

The real best team in the world:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Courtois_2733097.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lahm_2675801.jpg
----------------
thiago-silva_2941694.jpg
----------------
vincent-kompany-manchester-city_3002021.jpg
----------------
Marcelo-150x150.jpg

--------------------------
Torino-v-Juventus-Arturo-Vidal-celeb_2936999.jpg
---------------
football-club-soccer-sergio-busquets-barcelona_2993824.jpg
---------------
Javi-Martinez_2824442.jpg
Bayern-Munich-v-Hoffenheim-Franck-Ribery-cele_2840558.jpg
---------------
Lionel-Messi_3034124.jpg
---------------
cristiano-ronaldo-muscle-wallpaper-hd-150x150.jpg

runners up:
GK neuer, lopez
RB ivanovic, piszczek
CB barzagli, chiellini
LB alaba, alba
DM pirlo, de rossi
CM kroos, yaya
AM mata, iniesta
AM reus, robben
ST suarez, aguero
ST ibra, rvp, diego costa please understand

I disagree with Courtois and Marcelo. Lopez and Alaba instead for me.

Everything else is pretty good though.

Randdalf

Article about Chopra's gambling losses

Secret Footballer wrote about a team mate who he once shared a room with, the guy spent his entire time glued to two laptops and his phone betting on literally everything he could on multiple websites. Gambling addiction in football is a real problem, when you give a bunch of not-so-bright blokes a huge amount of money there's bound to be some issues.

fuenf

I disagree with Courtois and Marcelo. Lopez and Alaba instead for me.

Everything else is pretty good though.

lol well at least Lopez is somehow proven, but Neuer is the only logical answer. absolutely clutch in big games and he's the best 'football playing' gk in the world.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Also honorary spot in best world XI for Phil Jones

instead of vidal

I dunno baby wilbs, your midfield is in desperate need of some creativity. I'd pick a DDR/Pirlo/Scholes over Sergio or Javi any day of the week. Not a big fan of sideway passes midfielders.

Is Company still good?

alright buffalo bill IT PUTS THE BACON FAT IN THE BASKET
<3 Americans

Tomorrow's Italian papers are reporting that Galliani will resign . . . within a week.

I don't know if my body is ready for these changes.

end of an era.

BaMlyNECQAAj2Wh.jpg

FootballFan

lol well at least Lopez is somehow proven, but Neuer is the only logical answer. absolutely clutch in big games and he's the best 'football playing' gk in the world.

That would be Valdes bro, sorry. He could play in ManUtd's midfield and look like Xavi 2008

Top Bottom