• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

pappe

AsctLbNCIAAR77h.jpg

Bonus Del Piero

AscpE7CCIAAyrYh.jpg

Goddamn! Italians do not age.

These last few pages!! OMG!!

Salazar

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport 6m
Michael Owen: all elite sportsmen must have a dual personality to deal with life under and away from the spotlight

You haven't even got one personality Michael

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Moyes is going to cost AVB his job on Sunday. I can sense it.

It won't be this match that decides anything, unless we get smashed again. If we get 6 points against Fulham and Sunderland then things will look OK.

What I'm most interested to see if the attitude of the players against United, we didn't have the right body language against City and we started the Tromso game exactly the same way, we let them have a 1 v 1 in the first 20 seconds. We can't start like that again, I hope Freund has been screaming at them all week in training.

Salazar

we let them have a 1 v 1 in the first 20 seconds.

We will pass it backwards, bang it vaguely up the right wing, trust Valencia to head/clobber it back into the middle, and see what happens.

Unless Spurs go utterly banzai, a 1 v 1 is just not possible.

Cognitively speaking, Januzaj is to Kyle Walker as a fountain pen is to a crayon. The bamboozle is definitely on.

Blablurn

I hate to admit it but winning everything this year really me made me full. I'm not saying I'm bored of football but for me this season feels like a NBA season. The season doesnt matter because we are too strong anyway. It's all about the playoffs. This is where the tension comes back.

Ushojax

We will pass it backwards, bang it vaguely up the right wing, trust Valencia to head/clobber it back into the middle, and see what happens.

Unless Spurs go utterly banzai, a 1 v 1 is just not possible.

Cognitively speaking, Januzaj is to Kyle Walker as a fountain pen is to a crayon. The bamboozle is definitely on.

So is Januzaj going to start? I thought Moyes might go with 'experience' and play Nani/Kagawa on the left. Assuming RVP comes in up front.

Kyoufu

I hate to admit it but winning everything this year really me made me full. I'm not saying I'm bored of football but for me this season feels like a NBA season. The season doesnt matter because we are too strong anyway. It's all about the playoffs. This is where the tension comes back.

Share the success pls.

Lightning

Banned
More CL success is all that can motivate Bayern. You have the Bundesliga wrapped up already. The German cup can go either way, depends on the day.

Blablurn

Share the success pls.

:D

More CL success is all that can motivate Bayern. You have the Bundesliga wrapped up already. The German cup can go either way, depends on the day.

You nailed it! But I think it's Reals time this year in the CL. They look pretty strong. Of course they will give a fuck about La Lolga. But when it comes to the CL I'm sure they will go all out. It all depends if those guys can create some kind of team spirit. That's definitely a big plus when it comes to winning a title. Or they just use their individual power to rush to the title lol.

Arnie

I'll watch Everton against Stoke whilst peaking at events in South Wales but in the main today's a lukewarm round of fixtures. Good thing my PS4's due to arrive in two hours.

Given that the person who leaked AVB's job security was a member of the Spurs board, I'd say this game is significant, Usho. Last season Spurs were able to challenge the top teams and go toe to toe; how this side stacks up against a transitional United fronted by a fucking slug should add to the weight of opinion on whether Andre's suitable for the job.

If the team's severely regressed with the addition of seven new players (at the expense of a couple) then questions need to be asked. Spurs want to remain in the trail for the Champions League because Levy and Lewis go to bed fantasising about it, and to do that they need lively performances now.

Speaking of Champions League qualification, with Django shackled I've got a horrible feeling we just won't cope with Christmas.

GorillaJu

I'll watch Everton against Stoke whilst peaking at events in South Wales but in the main today's a lukewarm round of fixtures. Good thing my PS4's due to arrive in two hours.

Given that the person who leaked AVB's job security was a member of the Spurs board, I'd say this game is significant, Usho. Last season Spurs were able to challenge the top teams and go toe to toe; how this side stacks up against a transitional United fronted by a fucking slug should add to the weight of opinion on whether Andre's suitable for the job.

If the team's severely regressed with the addition of seven new players (at the expense of a couple) then questions need to be asked. Spurs want to remain in the trail for the Champions League because Levy and Lewis go to bed fantasising about it, and to do that they need lively performances now.

Speaking of Champions League qualification, with Django shackled I've got a horrible feeling we just won't cope with Christmas.

Yeah our squad doesn't look much better than it did last Christmas when we really struggled, and now we're bringing in Jon Flanagan again. I sincerely hope that this is where his career kicks off.

Aspas being out too really hurts. He's not been great but he's a decent backup and I'd trust him to put in a few good performances at least.

At least Suarez isn't out. Maybe Yesil will make the bench?

jesalr

Behave yourselves, lads.

To be honest, my beef is with the despondent midfield, especially Townsend. It disgusts me to see them so damn persistent in ignoring Soldado. Poor bugger deserves better. :<

I've consigned myself to a loss. Pessimist all the way 'til the World Cup starts.

Sure, we need to sling some more speculative crosses in, but he's never really making a ton of space for himself.

It's weird, we were so much more exciting when we were rank average.

Ushojax

Sure, we need to sling some more speculative crosses in, but he's never really making a ton of space for himself.

It's weird, we were so much more exciting when we were rank average.

We were more exciting when we were crap because we had no ambitions. We just coasted and waited for the derby every season. We had mental scorelines and wide-open matches because it was all a bit of fun.

Now that we have a real chance to get top 4/win the Europa League, results matter and it brings a different pressure. 10 years ago nobody would give a shit if we lost at home to Newcastle but now it's a devastating result. We are also being given a lot more respect by visiting teams at WHL and with most of our midfield now different from our CL season, it's harder than ever to score goals. It's crucial now that AVB picks the same attack every game because the relationships need to develop. We're at the end of November and the only player who has built any kind of understanding with Soldado is Gylfi.

jesalr

We were more exciting when we were crap because we had no ambitions. We just coasted and waited for the derby every season. We had mental scorelines and wide-open matches because it was all a bit of fun.

Now that we have a real chance to get top 4/win the Europa League, results matter and it brings a different pressure. 10 years ago nobody would give a shit if we lost at home to Newcastle but now it's a devastating result. We are also being given a lot more respect by visiting teams at WHL and with most of our midfield now different from our CL season, it's harder than ever to score goals. It's crucial now that AVB picks the same attack every game because the relationships need to develop. We're at the end of November and the only player who has built any kind of understanding with Soldado is Gylfi.

Oh, I'm with you for sure, it's just I enjoyed watching football so much more back then. It wasn't as tense, but we weren't so shit that I expected us to get hammered every game....

Arnie

I don't expect any Spurs fan to actively enjoy watching their current side.

They're a team built up of cautious midfielders, blunt wide players, and a striker who's about as versatile as an oil painting.

Spurs will dominate us.

That midfield will walk all over ours.

We might still win though, but I have feeling Townsend will destroy Evra and get one of his 50 crosses right and Lamela will finally show up.

GorillaJu

I don't expect any Spurs fan to actively enjoy watching their current side.

They're a team built up of cautious midfielders, blunt wide players, and a striker who's about as versatile as an oil painting.

Maybe so, but it must be nice to be so high up on the table even when you aren't playing well as a team. CI sure as hell didn't enjoy watching Liverpool under Hodgson, and we were mid-table the whole season ;_;

Also we need to sign Will Hughes. He's sooo goooood

Spurs will dominate us.

That midfield will walk all over ours.

We might still win though, but I have feeling Townsend will destroy Evra and get one of his 50 crosses right and Lamela will finally show up.

Townsend will get loads of plaudits for running past Evra but will do fuck all with it. The foreigners like Soldado will have to shoulder all the responsibility for that.

Ushojax

Townsend isn't going to start, Lennon is. He started against City and was rested on Thursday, he always plays well against Evra. Remember that 93rd minute assist for Deuce in this game last season?

I expect we will play this team:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Kaboul Vertonghen
Sandro Paulinho
Lennon Dembele Sigurdsson
Defoe

Ade is a doubt with a groin strain and Holby was horrendous against City, this is our best option. It's lacking a real creative player but that midfield will poo on United's.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^lol, Vidal adopted that gesture now &#9829;

Having a fetish is fine, just don't share it with people lol.

I went out with a girl with a biting fetish....can you imagine the state of my body the night after?

Wait Yokohama lost? :lol

Doesn't matter though. Cerezo lost too so all hope is lost.

In other news, Ryan Gauld, the scottish Mini Messi 17 year old Dundee United player, had 3 assists yesterday. He had 4 assists in the game before. He's taking the piss out of the SPL.

Top Bottom