• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
Bale's style of play is a far better fit for Real Madrid (and vice versa) than Neymar's is for Barca. He's doing well tbh but he's having to learn the dark arts of tiki taka.

Suen

Bale - One hat trick, one assist.

tumblr_mp0rwiqqxS1qhuvwko1_400.gif

FootballFan

we beat bayer (very good place 2 in bondersliga) leverkussen 5-0 but we will loose 2 tott (no very good) hotspur b/c life is not fair

Yep. 2 in bundesliga is no good compar with 8 in en premier league. 2 in serie a is no good compar with 8 in prmir league. 4th in lalaga is no good vs 8 in remierpleague

Bale's style of play is a far better fit for Real Madrid (and vice versa) than Neymar's is for Barca. He's doing well tbh but he's having to learn the dark arts of tiki taka.
I'm not sure that's as much of a factor as it was once was though. Barca play the ball forwards much quicker and more regularly this season.

Alexis is benefitting from it.

Maybe Neymar is just shit.

FootballFan

Damn telling...

He also left out the assists for Neymar because he has the most in europe lol. And got his starts wrong.

yurt is angry i put him in his place the other day lol.

Neymar is 3 years younger and half the price, I am very happy with how he has done this season.

More goals would be great but as long as he plays well and contributes to keeping us 1st(which is what matters in the end) then I am happy.

Suen

I'm not sure that's as much of a factor as it was once was though. Barca play the ball forwards much quicker and more regularly this season.

Much more fun to watch tbh. Tiki taka was amazing at first, then it killed football. Martino is a refreshing change.

Wilbur

Banned
3 - Gareth Bale is the 1st player to score a perfect hat-trick in La Liga this season (right-footed goal, left-footed goal and headed).

Gareth Bale now has 9 goals for Real Madrid, the same number Tottenham have scored in the Premier League this season.

That's true; Sanchez has had a year (or is it two?) to get used to it as well though. Bale > Neymar no doubt. I'm just playing devil's advocate before going full on into plug masturbation mode

3 - Gareth Bale is the 1st player to score a perfect hat-trick in La Liga this season (right-footed goal, left-footed goal and headed).

Gareth Bale now has 9 goals for Real Madrid, the same number Tottenham have scored in the Premier League this season.

That's true; Sanchez has had a year (or is it two?) to get used to it as well though. Bale > Neymar no doubt. I'm just playing devil's advocate before going full on into plug masturbation mode
I still think Neymar is gonna be better tbh.

But for sure it's with Bale right now. He's been playing in the worlds best league since day. Neymar only just started playing real football. He needs time.

Wilbur

Banned

But for sure it's with Bale right now. He's been playing in the worlds best league since day. Neymar only just started playing real football. He needs time.

:lol

It's a bit of a Ronaldo/Messi situation again; Bale seems to work harder towards improving every aspect of his game but Neymar's the more naturally talented of the two.

Honda: 5 goals

Dzagoev: 0 goals

Dzagoev has been out for three months you knob. And he's been playing DM for for CSKA this season. He's way more important to CSKA than Honda. No coincidence that CSKA's shitty run started when Dzagoev got hurt.

Edit: and you're lying, Honda has three goals. tsk, tsk, tsk

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man don't feel like digging up my post about Neymar's useless goals and assists. Alzheimer can be a blessing I guess.

his decisive tally would probably be 2 goals and 1 assist, or something..

FootballFan

I don't know if Neymar will be better or not really. Like I said though, he was half the price and is 3 years younger, you never know.

Bale can score 20 goals vs Valladollid but Neymar decided the clasico and that is why Barca are first right now.

Very happy with his contribution especially considering how bad Iniesta and Xavi have been. Plus Messi missing puts even more pressure on him. So far, so good.

Dzagoev has been out for three months you knob. And he's been playing DM for for CSKA this season. He's way more important to CSKA than Honda. No coincidence that CSKA's shitty run started when Dzagoev got hurt.

iKQ1sGCiAofrM.gif

I don't know if Neymar will be better or not really. Like I said though, he was half the price and is 3 years younger, you never know.

Bale can score 20 goals vs Valladollid but Neymar decided the clasico and that is why Barca are first right now.

Very happy with his contribution especially considering how bad Iniesta and Xavi have been. Plus Messi missing puts even more pressure on him. So far, so good.

Nah, Nerman will eventually be better.

:lol

It's a bit of a Ronaldo/Messi situation again; Bale seems to work harder towards improving every aspect of his game but Neymar's the more naturally talented of the two.
I don't know if it's about hard work though. Bale has the natural physique, it gives him the tools to push himself in different ways.

Neymar is never gonna be able to dominate players physically and power through them. He has to be smart and use his superior technique, but it's gonna take a while to hone and maximise those skills.

It does all come back to Messi vs Ronaldo though. If Messi starts sharing his drugs, Neymar is gonna be fine. But we know Messi is a cunt and won't do it.

It's all Messi's fault.

Suen

We shouldn't take stats at face value from players in La Liga. They're just padding their stats. Every last one of them.
You write more about your hate for Lol Liga than what you write about EPL, granted if I was supporting Moyes United this season I'd start to become demented as well.

FootballFan

Man don't feel like digging up my post about Neymar's useless goals and assists. Alzheimer can be a blessing I guess.

his decisive tally would probably be 2 goals and 1 assist, or something..

I'll dig up one of your posts!

Dat never gonna bother with your posts again

can't believe you still mad. You don't even support Madrid or Barca. lol

Messi has been injured, Xavi and Iniesta have been shit. Busquets, NEYMAR, Sanchez and Valdes have carried us to 1st spot. Get over it.

You write more about your hate for Lol Liga than what you write about EPL, granted if I was supporting Moyes United this season I'd start to become demented as well.

Or it could be that we were all talking about La Liga due to having watched the Real Madrid game. I think I posted more about Real Madrid than you.

Did you forget you were a fan of them?

Sure, sure. Messi is out and almost instantly Barca lose their first game of the season. So far, so good.

FootballFan

Sure, sure. Messi is out and almost instantly Barca lose their first game of the season. So far, so good.

Almost instantly? lol I know you're joking but Messi has been injured half the season so far.

That Ajax game was a useless CL group game where 1st spot was already secured.

Almost instantly? lol I know you're joking but Messi has been injured half the season so far.

That Ajax game was a useless CL group game where 1st spot was already secured.

Yeah, but this is the first time that Messi is out long-term. The pressure is so much bigger now.

And the other 4 CL games? Even Hulk has put up better numbers.

Porto is losing in Coimbra at half time against Académica. If they drop points today, Sporting and/or Benfica could jump to the top of the league tomorrow.

Suen

Or it could be that we were all talking about La Liga due to having watched the Real Madrid game. I think I posted more about Real Madrid than you.

Did you forget you were a fan of them?
Are you sure you're watching the game and not being busy writing ten posts about how shit La Liga is that you can line up for post-match time? I understand that your dick grows inch by inch for every dump you take on the league but sometimes it's more interesting to discuss the results in the league instead of holding our dicks and yelling how BPL is the best thing in the world like a bunch of insecure pricks.

Pls understand.

Linius

Haha <3 Ajax. But you do know that the game wasn't a massive one for Barca. Already secured first spot like Juve/Bayern/PSG in their domestic leagues.

Secured going trough, first spot not yet. If we bottle and Barca bottles Milan takes first spot. But the chances of Barca losing to Celtic at home are almost zero percent :p

And we're beating Milan anyways, so there's that.

Top Bottom