• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Cerezo's youth player Mitsuru Maruoka to be loaned to Dortmund U23 for one and half year.

http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20131219k0000m050090000c.html

Japanese source

828368322.jpg

That's him next to Shinji.

Can we just give you this guy and take Shinji? Nobody will notice when he sits on the bench.

9ZGsK4G.jpg

Not sure how accurate this list is. Big Sam up there with the big guns.

Pretty sure Klopp earns €6m+ since signing the new contract recently.

sohois

Yes, I know, Goal.com lol and all that, but I'm pretty sure this guy was the one that broke the stories regarding Arsenal's Suarez bids, so I imagine he has some sort of a solid source.

El Shaarawy seems like the most likely option from that list, at least based on the posts from Milan-GAF. I know a lot of people have already talked up the likelihood of Lavezzi, but I can't help but feel that Cavani would insist he stays given how good their partnership was at Napoli.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Sherwood seems like a really composed guy"

Lol. Put some defeats on him and watch them motherfucking hands shake.

I don't really blame him for last night. With all our main defensive players injured he had to pick a gung-ho team, we dominated and got the goal but we didn't have the personnel to fend off West Ham's substitutes.

Sherwood said afterwards that the players tired themselves out playing 442, but really we lost this because of the defensive absentees. On Sunday Dawson will be back and Kaboul may be available too, so we can push Capoue into midfield where he will be a lot more comfortable. Him and Chiriches didn't win a single header all night and Fryers let the left side wide open after he replaced Rose. In some ways the defeat reflects AVBs management of the squad, if BAE and Ade had been treated properly, both could have seen out the game for us. Instead Ade can't play 90 minutes so our ball retention goes down the toilet and when Rose has to go off his replacement can't even do the basics.

Salazar

Comolli is now a casting agent, it seems.

Variety report that Hugh Jackman is in negotiations to play the pirate Blackbeard in Joe Wright's Pan. This new origin story for Peter Pan is said to revolve around "an orphan who is taken to the magical world of Neverland where he becomes a hero to the natives and leads a revolt against the evil pirates". Captain Hook will be in the movie too, and Variety also report that Ryan Gosling was in line to play the Hook role but declined. WB are expected to do an open casting for the title role of Peter Pan, and are also looking for an actress in her mid-20s to play Tiger Lily.

Hugh Jackman as motherfucking Blackbeard ? Lobotomised underwear model as Hook ?

rvy

Banned
Those numbers are gross income, not after-taxes. Learn to read Portuguese you dumbfucks.

Jesus living the life. 4 millions a year to kneel in Dragão. every season.

Why would Diego Costa even want to move in January? He made it into the national team and has the chance to win titles at Madrid.

Not even talking about why Madrid would sell him halfway through the season.

Kicker says de Bruyne to Leverkusen is almost done. Leverkusen is still debating if they should spend 15-20m and buy him or just loan him for 18 months.

They also say we're not interested anymore. That's interesting, I guess it was Micky or de Bruyne in summer.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
in case you missed it MilanGAF

Thiago Silva—"Is Barbara Berlusconi the right heir to Galliani? I wouldn't know. Only met her once, when she was on Pato's arm" *drops mic*

So after signing D'Ambrosio, looks like we are trying to swoop for Nainggolan as well. I've always liked that player, hopefully if we get him, it means no more Muntari (lololol it won't.)

Salazar

@TonyBarretTimes Brendan Rodgers: "My conclusion is the club (Cardiff) is being run by a businessman who knows nothing about football."

Granted, Vincent Tan is vivid, pungent fungal growth on football, but Brenty does have his own clueless businessman close to hand.

So do we. So do Chelsea.

DC will presumably insist that Khaldoon is a scholar of the game.

Jack cw

Kicker says de Bruyne to Leverkusen is almost done. Leverkusen is still debating if they should spend 15-20m and buy him or just loan him for 18 months.

They also say we're not interested anymore. That's interesting, I guess it was Micky or de Bruyne in summer.
Whats with Leverlusen and loaning players? The got Can with this strange strategy and now DeBruyne?

Yen

"@TonyBarretTimes: Rodgers: "My only conclusion is that the club (Cardiff) is being run by a businessman who knows nothing about football.""

Mackay was Rodgers' assistant at Watford, I believe.
Lol dc

Whats with Leverlusen and loaning players? The got Can with this strange strategy and now DeBruyne?
I doubt there was another way to get Can, he is still rated highly at Bayern, isn't he?

Loaning de Bruyne makes no sense, though, guess they're just to cheap to spend the money.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
West Ham had 55% pass completion last night and they still beat us. Modibo fucking Maiga, of all people, managed to undo us.

Injuries/suspensions are killing us right now, Chiriches recovers but Dawson picks up a ban. Sandro's done his calf. Townsend's done his hamstring. Paulinho's banned for another two games.

Jack cw

I doubt there was another way to get Can, he is still rated highly at Bayern, isn't he?

Loaning de Bruyne makes no sense, though, guess they're just to cheap to spend the money.

Can is as highly rated as Contento, at least to me. DeBruyne would be nice to have but I think they need players on other positions than this.

Jack cw

Wat

Can looks like a pretty damn good CM/DM for a 19-year-old. Schweinsteiger still pissed his pants with 19.

I dont like him much and his attitude. He is skilled but I doubt he'll make this jump that Schweini did, but he fits Leverkusen perfectly. And whats with your avatar and tag? It keeps switching to Ballack and cockblocked sometimes :D

I dont like him much and his attitude. He is skilled but I doubt he'll make this jump that Schweini did, but he fits Leverkusen perfectly. And whats with your avatar and tag? It keeps switching to Ballack and cockblocked sometimes :D
For most DM it's a very short process, Schweine looked like a decent but not great midfielder most of his career and was amazing as DM in weeks. Gündogan looked like a shite player and became one of the best in weeks. I can see Can making the step.

My avatar? Magic.

Elchele

What do you mean? Leverkusen bought Can. We have a clause to re-buy him, not that we're going to use it.

They would be massive stupid, and cheap, to get De Bruyne only on loan when they have the opportunity to buy him and sell him for much more in the future. Typical Voller

Walshy

So I, uh.. read the rather disturbing Ian Watkins sentencing documents.

Dude was a creep till the end, saying he did it all for the "megalolz".

Top Bottom