• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Jack cw

It basically is a shitty loan for Leverkusen. If he does well, he's gone. If he turns out shit, they wasted money.

Basically this. Its technically a loan, in which Leverkusen takes the risks. They pay his salary, his insurance and his development. If he turns out great, Bayern will buy him out for 5 million. If he doesnt make the jump, all costs are with leverkusen and Bayern got rid of him silently. Wow, this is actually worse than a loan :D
Wow. Good thing Pep does for football, and not for the money.
Jupp pls, you know he does it pro bono.

Clegg

So I, uh.. read the rather disturbing Ian Watkins sentencing documents.

Dude was a creep till the end, saying he did it all for the "megalolz".
No, no, no. He realised what he was doing was inhumane and twisted.

He repented and said he only got lolz from it.

Clegg

Yeah I gathered that.

Surprised he only got 35 years though.
I haven't paid too much attention to the case because it's sick and I read enough misery through my own legal studies in uni. But from what I gather he pleaded guilty right before the start of the so the judge took that into account.

I do think he got closeish to what the law was permitted to punish him with.

Jack cw

LOL, Robben is backpedaling... He would now vote Ribery for Balon d'Or.
tumblr_mlq812v7hv1r4j4v3o1_r1_500.gif

Walshy

Isn't that max sentencing under the guidelines?
Is it? I'm not too familiar with the legal system outside of contract law as it coincides with my studies.

Surely you should get more for some of the things he's done though. It ranges from pissing on young girls to raping a baby to having 27TB of CP. It's perhaps one of the worst cases I've ever read, really surprised it hasn't been on too many front pages in the national press either.
I haven't paid too much attention to the case because it's sick and I read enough misery through my own legal studies in uni. But from what I gather he pleaded guilty right before the start of the so the judge took that into account.
Ah right, that makes sense. Wouldn't surprise me if he died in prison.

Peco

So after signing D'Ambrosio, looks like we are trying to swoop for Nainggolan as well. I've always liked that player, hopefully if we get him, it means no more Muntari (lololol it won't.)

Are we buying D'Ambrosio for good or it's another co-ownership bullshit deal?

Razor554

"Official: There's a deal on the renewal of Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta"

At least the pathetic rumours about him leaving can now cease to exist.

Apparently Valdes will tomorrow announce which club he'll join next season, which is most likely AS Monaco.

Kicker says de Bruyne to Leverkusen is almost done. Leverkusen is still debating if they should spend 15-20m and buy him or just loan him for 18 months.

They also say we're not interested anymore. That's interesting, I guess it was Micky or de Bruyne in summer.

De Bruyne has been a bit of a flop this season which is a shame because he looks like he has a lot of talent. I believe he just hasn't adjusted to the fast pace of the premier league but in his defence he hasn't had a decent run of games in the team.
I will be a little bit disappointed If we sell him now but considering we got him for only 7million all in all it won't be a bad bit of business.

Hixx

Yeah, it's mint. Little gem of a show, and I don't even find Chris Ramsey that funny. Vic Reeves is the man, can't wait for Vic and Bob's new sitcom.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Ramsey but I really enjoy it. Vic Reeves is great and so is the nan.

GorillaJu

I haven't played FPL for more than but a few years but I don't think I've ever looked at player form and seen stats like these:

GLgRcBw.png

I think Drogba in 09/10 is the highest FPL point score I've seen, but Suarez may surpass him. 136 points, after starting in late September and it's not even Christmas yet :lol

I have had Suarez as fantasy football captain the last few games and he has propelled me right to the top of my league.

Here is a graph showing the difference in points after 16 games between this EPL season and 2012/13.
ajBtJls.png

Elchele

De Bruyne has been a bit of a flop this season which is a shame because he looks like he has a lot of talent. I believe he just hasn't adjusted to the fast pace of the premier league but in his defence he hasn't had a decent run of games in the team.
I will be a little bit disappointed If we sell him now but considering we got him for only 7million all in all it won't be a bad bit of business.

I doubt it, because Bundesliga is mostly about counter-attacking, and he was pretty good in his time at Bremen. Sounds more like he is not getting the trust of the coach like he had in Bremen. He's top class, I'm surprised Dortmund are so dumb to let this pass

Kyoufu

West Ham had 55% pass completion last night and they still beat us. Modibo fucking Maiga, of all people, managed to undo us.

Injuries/suspensions are killing us right now, Chiriches recovers but Dawson picks up a ban. Sandro's done his calf. Townsend's done his hamstring. Paulinho's banned for another two games.

Relegation beckons.

bud

Bb2bTJtIMAA0AHN.jpg

Can you find Jack Wilshere?

rosicky (maybe), flamini, the korean mercenary, cazorla, per, yeh oxe, don't know, giroud, sagna with his black camouflage (hue), no idea, no idea, no idea, no idea, bendtner, zsczsczscszscszsczcs, no idea, ryo :3, frimpong, no idea ozil. think monreal's one of the guys sitting on the floor.

who's robocop?

I'm not going to lie, it was obvious that de Bruyne would fail at Chelsea. I honestly think that Mourinho didn't really want him. But with de Bruyne already having a contract for Chelsea, it was an easy decision to keep him. If he does well, great, if not, sell him for the same price next year. No risk.

I also think that de Bruyne would have made it at Chelsea if Mourinho gave de Bruyne his full trust but that was never going to happen with signing Schürrle and Willian on top of Mata, Oscar and Hazard already there.

Understandable decision by Mourinho and Chelsea but de Bruyne basically wasted 6 months.

I doubt it, because Bundesliga is mostly about counter-attacking, and he was pretty good in his time at Bremen. Sounds more like he is not getting the trust of the coach like he had in Bremen. He's top class, I'm surprised Dortmund are so dumb to let this pass
It's not dumb to let it pass. A CAM/winger is not what we need right now.. We need (a lot of) money to replace Lewandowski, and possibly Gündogan.

Horst Heldt: "According to my information de Bruyne is moving this winter but not to Leverkusen and not to any German club."

Take it with a grain of salt as Heldt has no fucking idea what he's talking.

What I mean is he struggles when the ball is played to him quickly and defenders put him under pressure. He has failed to cope at the level of intensity and tempo Chelsea's other players do. Internationally and in Bundesliga he will shine though because the game is less intense and he has more space and time to pick his passes.
I really wanted him to succeed at Chelsea and I think after a season he could get used to the league and maybe become a great player for us.

Salvadora

Les Ferdinand (Spurs coach) says most of their summer signings were "suggestions" to AVB, although he did sanction them.

Doesn't sound like a particularly sound situation.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Les Ferdinand (Spurs coach) says most of their summer signings were "suggestions" to AVB, although he did sanction them.

Doesn't sound like a particularly sound situation.

Sounds like the director of football did what he's supposed to do. If AVB thought we brought Franco Baldini in just to negotiate for his hand-picked targets, he's a fucking moron. He pushed for the DoF system so he can't complain when he didn't get exactly the players he wanted. If he didn't want the players, he shouldn't have sanctioned them.

Anyway, the problem with the signings is not their individual qualities, they are all good players. The main issue is that not one of them has any PL experience and most of them were signed after pre-season, that is where Baldini and Levy made a mistake. They expected too much from them too quickly. AVB compounded this by banishing Assou-Ekotto and Adebayor and relying on makeshift left-backs and Soldado. You cannot put that much pressure on new signings from abroad, not unless they are Ozil/Hazard quality. Injuries also fucked things up even more with Rose, Capoue, Eriksen and Chadli all missing for several months.

Slizz

The best Managers with a 'system' are able to tweak their system to the personnel around them. Not keep their same system if the talent around doesn't quite fit.

Meier

I hate this game.

I love the share button

Painful. I haven't played much FUT this year.. seemed like my brand new squad wasn't up to snuff player quality wise and I refuse to spend any real cash on it so I was getting decimated by teams with far better players even in lower divisions. Have to try it again, maybe it's balanced out a little since.

Hixx

you msgd me once

and i turned my ps4 off without answering because i am a lazy cunt

anyway i cant play until my monitor gets delivered this weekend, this old tv has horrendous overscan. ive never seen anything like it

Messi

Mate just said Andres Iniesta would not get into another top club. Also would never start for bayern in a million years. Past it he said.

Meier

It'll be curious how this affects Barca in general though. They're under investigation now by the Spanish government for receiving improper funds, they're probably going to have to pay more money in the Neymar transfer (either to the Spanish government via taxes or to the third party owner who got snubbed since most of Neymar's transfer fee went to him and his dad) and Iniesta was angling for a HUGE pay raise (and must have received it). I wouldn't be surprised if they're forced to sell Alexis or someone along those lines soon.

Salvadora

It'll be curious how this affects Barca in general though. They're under investigation now by the Spanish government for receiving improper funds, they're probably going to have to pay more money in the Neymar transfer (either to the Spanish government via taxes or to the third party owner who got snubbed since most of Neymar's transfer fee went to him and his dad) and Iniesta was angling for a HUGE pay raise (and must have received it). I wouldn't be surprised if they're forced to sell Alexis or someone along those lines soon.

Pedro to Arsenal

Meier

And before anyone says I am crazy about Barca having to sell someone, bear in mind their profit for last year was "only" €32m despite revenue of just shy of €500m. They spent a lot on Neymar's transfer and took on his huge contract (Neymar's is on par with Messi's, both now far less than Ronaldo's and likely Iniesta's), they've now given Iniesta a major raise, and Messi is due one shortly as well. To not make a loss, I think they'll need to sell someone worth a decent amount of cash.

Mate just said Andres Iniesta would not get into another top club. Also would never start for bayern in a million years. Past it he said.

He wouldn't (or shouldn't) start for Bayern tbf, certainly not in one of those attacking positions. They haven't got a Messi to make up for his lack of real end product, and need their goals and assists to be spread throughout that front 4.

Top Bottom