• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

kharma45

Rio's contract is up at the end of the season anyway. Doubt we will be renewing it.

Evra and Vidic out of contract too. I doubt Evra gets a renewal. Vidic might just but I wouldn't be too shocked if he's sent on his way too. Think it's wise to keep him around for another year or two just for his leadership and experience but I have a feeling Moyes is gonna rip this side up completely.

Fabio's contract is up too. Twins gonna be split :(

Aye we won't renew but I'd rather he announce his retirement than us telling him he's getting nothing more.

Vidic will get another year, can't have all three of those guys going at once.

I bet fabio could play on the wing better than fucking ashley young

Probably.

Fabio was the better prospect, but unlike Rafael had Evra in front of him. Rafael got much more game time.

I still don't get why he hasn't had more game time this season. His only start was against Crystal Palace and he was good in that game. He scored in his only sub appearance against Norwich. I remember reading the QPR forum last season to see how he was doing (while also watching his games), and they thought he was doing good too.

Yeah that's how Fabio ended up at LB over Rafa as he had more promise early on. His limited chances are strange. Despite his injuries he should still be better than what Buttner offers, and if he got first team experience and hit the gym Evra too.

Clegg

Anderson had another chance to impress and imo he didn't do enough to convince Moyes. His passing is still far too erratic and for all the energy he brings he doesn't get into many threatening attacking positions.

Reckon we might see Ando, Rio, Fabio, Young and maybe Vidic all gone by next season. Moyes better have a plan on how he'll fill those gaps.

Aye we won't renew but I'd rather he announce his retirement than us telling him he's getting nothing more.

Vidic will get another year, can't have all three of those guys going at once.

Probably.

Yeah that's how Fabio ended up at LB over Rafa as he had more promise early on. His limited chances are strange. Despite his injuries he should still be better than what Buttner offers, and if he got first team experience and hit the gym Evra too.
If Rio wants to play on, best of luck to him.

He'll probably end up in the MLS.

Elchele

That's a complete nonsense article, they really have no idea.

I hope Volland signs for us, though. He's been rumored to join us since his days at Best Munich and would certainly fit in well. I also think that BVB would be the right and probably best move for him, Bayern won't be interested and Leverkusen, well, it's Leverkusen. So not many interesting clubs to join in the near future for him, I don't think a move abroad would be a good idea.

Bayern are actually interested (someone got to replace Jan on the bench), and a bunch of EPL clubs.

kharma45

If Rio wants to play on, best of luck to him.

He'll probably end up in the MLS.

Gotta get that Rio Ferdy 5 brand going. Aspiring movie producer too from what I remember.

Anderson had another chance to impress and imo he didn't do enough to convince Moyes. His passing is still far too erratic and for all the energy he brings he doesn't get into many threatening attacking positions.

Reckon we might see Ando, Rio, Fabio, Young and maybe Vidic all gone by next season. Moyes better have a plan on how he'll fill those gaps.

It's been Anderson's only real chance this season to impress Moyes in a competitive game, he's had only two other brief appearances this year iirc. Still he didn't do enough tonight to stand out. He wasn't by any means terrible but he needed to do more as part of that midfield three. I can see him being used as a make-weight in a deal for someone else. Would probably be good for him to start somewhere else fresh.

I'd say all those guys bar Vidic will go plus Lindegaard, Giggs and possibly Hernández too if Henriquez is to Moyes' liking. I could see Kagawa going too.

Salazar

He's nowhere near as good as Rafael, and he's been thoroughly average when played at Man Utd, and QPR

Simple as that, although the Mancs would have you believe otherwise :p

Playing at QPR under that ultratwat Redknapp, with zero-effort French tossers littering the squad - I'd like to see you shine in those conditions, Hitch.

I'd say all those guys bar Vidic will go plus Lindegaard, Giggs and possibly Hernández too if Henriquez is to Moyes' liking. I could see Kagawa going too.

Henriquez is legit. Not a Macheda.

Hixx

1456625_780384858655399_94793804_n.jpg

Something not right with this lad.

kharma45

Henriquez is legit. Not a Macheda.

He's done brilliantly on loan but it all just depends on Moyes. We know both Kagawa and Fabio are talented but don't get a look in where they should.

I hope he stays in the first team next year. RVP might not be able to play as many games so it'd be good to have a proper finisher up front. I imagine Hernandez to be leaving, hasn't sounded happy this year and hasn't really taken his chances when he could.

Barzul

God we need a new striker. Can't see Giroud making it the rest of the season. Bound to get injured and then we're fucked.

Our league form in the second half of 2011/12

Fucking hell, look at some of the dross we were losing to, home and away. You'd have to be a right tit to think FSG were somehow unjustified in sacking Kenny and Commoli. And thank fuck they got rid of Commoli at the same time, rather than taking the easy way out and pulling a Baldini

Rodgers has done an incredible job so far looking at that, especially considering the underwhelming progress he made with us last season.

I'll be devestated if our season falls apart, but I can see it happening if we either fail to beat Cardiff, or lose heavily to City and Chelsea

edit: 2 separate runs of losing 3 games on the bounce. Christ.

Messi

Change-Up was surprisingly fun movie. Maybe its the first time I am actually doubting the power of RottenTomatoes.

Also, I know I have said bad things about Olivia Wilde but I appologise for that, Messi, because she was great and hot.

She is always good at the very least. Fine actress.

GorillaJu

Our league form in the second half of 2011/12

Fucking hell, look at some of the dross we were losing to, home and away. You'd have to be a right tit to think FSG were somehow unjustified in sacking Kenny and Commoli. And thank fuck they got rid of Commoli at the same time, rather than taking the easy way out and pulling a Baldini

Rodgers has done an incredible job so far looking at that, especially considering the underwhelming progress he made with us last season.

I'll be devestated if our season falls apart, but I can see it happening if we either fail to beat Cardiff, or lose heavily to City and Chelsea

edit: 2 separate runs of losing 3 games on the bounce. Christ.

Laughable run of form really but that 4-1 over Chelsea is scrumptious. God Id love to give Jose's boys a nice firm battering once more at the Bridge.

We'll get Spurs'd by City but I think we could nick a point at Chelsea. Need to not play to their advantage and it'll be possible. Cardiff it goes without saying that anything other than 3 points would be a huge disappointment, but we've been known to disappoint so I'm prepared for the worst. Brendan's battleship, go!

Lightning

Banned
5F1wX6Y.gif

"Sherwood seems like a really composed guy"

Lol. Put some defeats on him and watch them motherfucking hands shake.
How do you think this Spurs team are going to cope with Southampton? Southampton excellent defensively this season so far while Spurs attack is crap.

bjaelke

Saints haven't kept a clean sheet since playing Fulham on October 26th. 7 games in a row where they've conceded and as a result only collected 6 points.

tri_willy

How do you think this Spurs team are going to cope with Southampton? Southampton excellent defensively this season so far while Spurs attack is crap.

i would say spurs are going to struggle against southhampton. they lost to best ham yet again. only another gk blunder is going to get spurs over the line for this one

Salazar

Haven't watched enough recent Southampton to say. They're quite capable of completely forgetting how to finish, though.

I'll put a modest amount on a headed Osvaldo goal.

Zabojnik

Atalanta - Juve on Sunday. Could be a crucial game. Vidal is a yellow card away from skipping the next match, which is Juve - Roma. Should we field him?

Feorax

@wayneveysey: #AFC compile 5-man January striker shortlist - Lewandowski, Diego Costa, Lavezzi, El Shaarawy & Llorente.

@wayneveysey: Of the 5, Lewandowski is the best, Lavezzi the easiest to get, El Shaarawy has most potential & Llorente is the most similar to Giroud

@wayneveysey: But...Diego Costa is the most interesting & the most ambitious. #AFC are very, very keen on him, although an extremely difficult deal.

@wayneveysey: Impossible to definitively say #AFC will sign top striker by Jan 31. But it is their A1 priority. If Wenger wants it enough, will happen.

@wayneveysey: What we know about Wenger is he won't sanction #AFC paying £24.1million for a player he values at £24m.

Yes, I know, Goal.com lol and all that, but I'm pretty sure this guy was the one that broke the stories regarding Arsenal's Suarez bids, so I imagine he has some sort of a solid source.

Zabojnik

Yes, I know, Goal.com lol and all that, but I'm pretty sure this guy was the one that broke the stories regarding Arsenal's Suarez bids, so I imagine he has some sort of a solid source.

No CL team will sell big name players in January, come on.

Wait a minute ...

image.php

Linius

If Spurs get De Boer and Bergkamp agrees to become assistant I will cry. Noooooooooooo

Don't worry, Frankie is gonna stay for many more years. But I'm pretty sure Bergkamp will follow him when ever he leaves. Unless he gets the chance to step up his game and become manager himself.

Levy can take our players but not our coach.

Lightning

Banned
I also wouldn't put Monreal, good as he may be, in the same category as the players mentioned. I just don't see it. Maaaybe Lavezzi, maybe.
Lol we ain't getting Lavezzi or anyone else in January.

Poldi will have to do the job. Bendtner will help but bugger. Get a defender in please, should be more doable. Top striker is almost impossible but defender isn't really.

Don't worry, Frankie is gonna stay for many more years. But I'm pretty sure Bergkamp will follow him when ever he leaves. Unless he gets the chance to step up his game and become manager himself.

Levy can take our players but not our coach.
I refuse to believe that Bergkamp will do that, not to that lot. We should give him a job with us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Atalanta - Juve on Sunday. Could be a crucial game. Vidal is a yellow card away from skipping the next match, which is Juve - Roma. Should we field him?
I don't know how (AND WHY) he managed to play four games without getting yellowed, unVidal-like. And they were all relatively easy fixtures.

tumblr_my0sjjSNDr1s8z5rho1_500.gif

Are you keeping score? 24 points out of 24, only 3 short!

tumblr_my0vjwy5BD1s8z5rho1_r1_400.gif

"Llorente"
..again?
Negative_Man.png

merry christmas and happy new year in advance.
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your little family.
3AQmK.gif

Top Bottom