• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Meier

Has this been posted? Interesting stuff. Sherwood will remain coach likely until the New Year at a minimum.
Hours after Levy told Tim Sherwood he would be in charge for a second game as interim head coach on Sunday, the Spurs chief was targeted by a prominent supporters’ group. Tottenham fans are furious over the direction the club are heading after Andre Villas-Boas was sacked, Sherwood was made caretaker on a game-by-game basis and the club crashed out of the Capital One Cup to rivals West Ham United.
The Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust now want answers and are privately discussing further action if Levy and the club’s board ignore their strongly-worded request.

A statement from THST read: “Following the departure of Andre Villas-Boas on Monday morning and defeat in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday evening, the board of Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust believe it is paramount that the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Daniel Levy, issues a statement addressing the supporters to explain the rationale behind the manager’s dismissal and clearly stating his plans moving forward.

“We believe that now, more than at any time during ENIC’s ownership of THFC, the level of frustration and anger being shown by fans renders this request fully warranted. As ever, it is made in the best interests of our club.” It remains to be seen whether Levy will respond, as he is famously reluctant to speak publicly or give interviews.
The sense of chaos around White Hart Lane increased in the immediate aftermath of the West Ham defeat, when Sherwood insisted he did not know if he would be in charge for the game against Southampton on Sunday.
But the 44-year-old was told he will take the team to St Mary’s, following a meeting with Levy at the Spurs training ground on Thursday morning.
Spurs sources believe it would be difficult for the club to make an outside appointment over the Christmas period, when the team play five games in 14 days and foreign leagues break for the winter.
Ajax manager Frank de Boer is among Tottenham’s top targets and the Dutch league breaks for almost a month after this weekend. The Swiss league, where Murat Yakin manages FC Basel, has already stopped until Feb 1.
An encouraging run of results may convince Spurs to keep Sherwood in charge until the end of the season and then reassess their options.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-begin-to-turn-on-chairman-Daniel-Levy.html

God dammit.... After years of trying to gain promotion, Cardiff make it to the Premier League and our chairman has turned us into a laughing stock.

Swansea fans must be loving it, not to mention other teams hanging around the bottom of the table.

No doubt Tan has his son's college roommate lined up for the top job.... :-(

L1NETT

Looking more and more likely Gray will take over at Wednesday.

I so wanted Beni Carbone to manage them :/ Such a talented player, hope he does come to England at some point.

Elchele

I found a AC split today, 350$USD. Will have to ask my parents for moneyz, can't deal with this temperature for 4 months

In retrospective, I should have bought it before the ps4.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
828302520.gif

Elchele

I'd rather live somewhere really cold than really hot.

Couldn't imagine living in such heat.

I agree, this was my first winter (here, or anywhere) and while it was kind of difficult at moments it was much more enjoyable than this summer. I just had to put extra clothing on and the problem was gone.

But you can be naked in summer and still feel the fucking heat. hate it
Spring pls come back

Kassu

Banned
My internet connection is shit. Tried playing Fifa for several times today and my connection always died before HT. And when my connection actually did work there were some problems with either PSN or EA servers themselves.

After that I decided to play PES instead and at least it's more fun to play alone, gameplay is so much better and feels like I can actually do what I want with players and not just hope for the best like in Fifa. Shame that everything else around that gameplay is shit though.

Also player/team ratings in PES are hilarious, for example Bayern probably isn't even top 5 team.

I thought it was winter in Morocco right now.
Here in the south we're dying, 38ºC. :(((((((

I hate double posting, thread is dead slow, mumei pls
Between -10ºC and 5ºC here. Snow and darkness everywhere.

ib1OP0xzIrtYBx.gif

Kenka

Yeah, I'll try to go in one of the upcoming summers. This shit is like hell, only good side is girls are basically wearing bikinis on the streets.

Argentina

pls stop global warming, thx
You get 38 in motherfucking Argentina ? I thought you guys were way too much in the South, and surrounded by cold water to top that, for those temperatures to ever occur there.

If it's 38°C in Argentina (no matter where), that's bad news, frankly.

Elchele

You get 38 in motherfucking Argentina ? I thought you guys were way too much in the South, and surrounded by cold water to top that, for those temperatures to ever occur there.

If it's 38°C in Argentina (no matter where), that's bad news, frankly.

we are already dead

Kenka

we are already dead
Meh, I brain farted it seems. According to Wikipedia, it isn't excluded to get such temperatures in ARG :

The hottest and coldest temperature extremes recorded in South America have occurred in Argentina. A record high temperature of 52.8 °C (127.0 °F), was recorded at Campo Gallo, Santiago del Estero Province on October 16, 1936. The lowest temperature recorded was −40 °C (−40 °F) at Valle de los Patos Superior, San Juan, on July 8, 1966

That's almost a 100° difference between summer and winter in the same country. Impressive.

Bisexual (since this seems to be the consensus) ?

Well, I do remember to have been strongly attracted to a mid-50s obese swiss german man with a very kind attitude back during a conference about Afghanistan when I was 17. I met the guy while he was eating his plate standing and it was a bit gross to be honest but I strongly felt attracted to him despite the circumstances.

From time to time, I want to embraced by protective and warm arms, and be an object of attention. That much is true. Also, I did get some terrible experiences with women, as a man who wore his heart on his sleeve and a strong ideal of a relationship (that is both partner and the intensity of the feelings).

Maybe this is driving me today to open myself to wider horizons, who knows. I basically just want a trusty relation nowadays in which I can feel myself at my ease. Woman, or man, maybe love wears surprising faces.

water all over my keyboard and monitor

im sorry

Top Bottom