• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Just watched a trailer for Dishonored, I had no idea Tevez is in that game.

tevezkrfsi.gif

Kenka pls, what's the point when this perfection exist?

hottest_redhead_ever_3hso0.gif

motherofgodj9iat.gif

Elchele

Augsburg is amazing, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

They're doing a terrific job. Fuck clubs like Hoffenheim who are only successful because of some guy putting a lot of money in it. As long as there are clubs like Augsburg that are successful with very little money but a good plan/team spirit, football isn't dead.

I know they are doing good this season, but I only watched them in the match vs. Bayern and it was horrible. All they did was fouling

Mastadon

Banned
Weekend predicitons?

Liverpool 3-1 Cardiff
Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle
Fulham 0-4 Man City
Man Utd 2-1 West Ham
Stoke 0-1 Aston Villa
Sunderland 1-1 Norwich
West Brom 0-2 Hull
Southampton 1-2 Tottenham
Swansea 2-1 Everton
Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea

L1NETT

Telegraph says Di Matteo early fav to take over at Cardiff if Makay has to walk the plank

Then I read he's gonna go back to West Brom (would make sense).

Clegg

oh snap.

I think seeing how Spurs has fucked up after selling Bale has helped our resolve to keep him.

Tbh I think this is a similar situation to when Ronaldo signed a new contract with United the year before he left to join Madrid.

Lock him into a new contract and keep his value high. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a very clear and straightforward release clause inserted in there.

L1NETT

I reckon there is a release clause, but it is only active if Liverpool don't get in the Top 4. Or something similar.

If they don't get top 4 I can still see him going in the summer.

Rules out a Jan move mind.

Walshy

The Suarez contract thing is a weird one. You either see it as him getting a clause put in so we get more money when he goes in the summer or you see it as a sign of commitment.

I like to think of myself as a bit of an optimist, so I'm going for the latter.

LTWheels

Tbh I think this is a similar situation to when Ronaldo signed a new contract with United the year before he left to join Madrid.

Lock him into a new contract and keep his value high. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a very clear and straightforward release clause inserted in there.

May be.

But it also sends a good message to January transfer target.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
oh snap.

I think seeing how Spurs has fucked up after selling Bale has helped our resolve to keep him.

Well when Real Madrid actually offer £86m it's very tough. Liverpool were lucky that Suarez had so much baggage towards the end of last season, nobody really pushed the boat out to get him. There is no way Liverpool could have kept him if a big fish had made a serious offer last summer.

Baki

The Suarez contract thing is a weird one. You either see it as him getting a clause put in so we get more money when he goes in the summer or you see it as a sign of commitment.

I like to think of myself as a bit of an optimist, so I'm going for the latter.

It's a buy-out clause, almost certain. I am hoping its £40m, probably more like £50m.

Feorax

It's a buy-out clause, almost certain. I am hoping its £40m, probably more like £50m.

If Suarez has got his buyout clause in, you can bet we'll have a "no sale to PL clubs" clause in there too. Clears up both issues from the summer in one swoop.

Baki

Can't wait to see Suarez leave Liverpool. Going to be the happiest day of my life.

If Suarez has got his buyout clause in, you can bet we'll have a "no sale to PL clubs" clause in there too. Clears up both issues from the summer in one swoop.

I don't think Suarez would have agreed to such a stringent clause. Especially considering he has only 2 years left on his contract (and Liverpool already screwed him once.)

Clegg

At least Arsenal can finally stop mooning after him.

Release clause will be at least £50m and I reckon its probably higher.

Looking at what Bale went for and you'll probably see what Suarez will go for, if he leaves. 70-80m.

Walshy

You've got to be kidding.

There is no way in hell we've just put a £40m or even a £50m clause in with the form he is in.

You know Christian Purslow doesn't work for Liverpool anymore, right?

Yup, Liverpool will have ensured it is at least £80m though. Bale/CR7 money.

Not worth it though, as a Spurs fan, I would rather have Bale than almost all of our other signings.

Edit: No way is it as low as £50m. After seeing what happened to Spurs with £85m and no star player to take his place, Liverpool would be foolish to have a clause lower than £80m. Maybe even as high as £100m for domestic rivals.

Top Bottom