• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Baki

Yup, Liverpool will have ensured it is at least £80m though. Bale/CR7 money.

Not worth it though, as a Spurs fan, I would rather have Bale than almost all of our other signings.

Would Suarez have agreed to such a high clause? It might actually result in him getting stuck at Liverpool since that price-tag might put people off.

you dont give up do you?

Don't mind me. Brendan's summer cock-blocking has made me bitter.

Clegg

It's good for Liverpool either way. He stays and they have a world class player in their team, or he leaves and they get a massive fee which can be used to strengthen the squad. They'd obviously prefer to keep him, but it's not like they're in a bad position here.

Only clubs that could now realistically afford him will be the oil rich ones and Madrid. And I don't think City or Chelsea will spend that much on one player.

Scum

Would Suarez have agreed to such a high clause? It might actually result in him getting stuck at Liverpool since that price-tag might put people off.

And what's wrong with Suarez being "stuck" at Liverpool? You say it as if Liverpool were propping up the table.

Fergie

Banned
Its my 24th birthday today, even my Mum seems to have forgotten about it, so Luis, if you're reading this, do us a favour and sign that contract for £500pw with a £200m buyout clause. Ta.
Happy birthday!

Kenka pls, what's the point when this perfection exist?

hottest_redhead_ever_3hso0.gif

E8DAEEFC2560EE5632794FB8DBF450_h498_w598_m2_cEAFvWzYb.jpg
1387008652573kyuy6.gif

Scum

Well when Real Madrid actually offer £86m it's very tough. Liverpool were lucky that Suarez had so much baggage towards the end of last season, nobody really pushed the boat out to get him. There is no way a Liverpool could have kept him if a big fish had made a serious offer lad summer.

We're in for a shitty couple of weeks of football, mate. ;_;

Mastadon

Banned

Probably something to do with the 200k p/w :p

They will have given him a high enough wage to get on board with it. At this point Liverpool losing Suarez is as inevitable as Spurs losing Bale, Man U losing CR7 and Arsenal losing RVP. Paying him over the odds for one season and getting a big release clause in place to ensure the club benefits fully from his sale is the right move for them. At least they will have a chance to rebuild afterwards. I would say that it's better for Liverpool to get one star player to replace him and spend the budget on one player than do what we did and end up with a squad of players who don't know how to play together.

FuturusX

Can't wait to see Suarez leave Liverpool. Going to be the happiest day of my life.

I don't think Suarez would have agreed to such a stringent clause. Especially considering he has only 2 years left on his contract (and Liverpool already screwed him once.)

Ahhhhhhh the hates gonna hate gif...which one to use...

Feorax

Timing of the new deal couldn't have been better too, giving the fixtures coming up. Gives the team that extra little morale boost.

danwarb

Yes, he's likely doubled his wages and Liverpool are doing alright. It's more impressive he stayed in the summer with not even Europa League this season.

Buy out will be huge, and more if Liverpool finish top 4. He may still go, but Liverpool will get a much better deal for this.

GorillaJu

I'll admit, the first thing I thought when I saw Suarez's new contract is to get onto FootyGaf to lap up the two avatar-less Arsenal fan's tears.

bud

odd, do you remember that military jacket i was telling you about?

well, i tried out an s (that's the smallest they had), and it still looked like it was two sizes too big.
i8957fqPeVaa7.png

Clegg

I'm having problems with playing FM14 on Steam. I bought the key on GOG and activated it for Steam. Haven't played the game in months coz I've been busy with Uni. Went to boot it up today and now I see that it's in the "other games" section of my library and Steam is telling me to buy it again.

Anyone know what's up?

dc89

Pellegrini press conference:

Zaba, Aguero, Nastasic, Richards, Jojo all out for the game tomorrow.

Jovecity still not recovered from an illness.

Zabaletas injury is not as bad as first feared. Maybe another week out.

GorillaJu

odd, do you remember that military jacket i was telling you about?

well, i tried out an s (that's the smallest they had), and it still looked like it was two sizes too big.
i8957fqPeVaa7.png

Good thing you tried it on. I've been disappointed on more than one occasion reading some description that says "the slimmest fitting jacket available - order a size up for comfort" and then receiving something that's so big I'm swimming in it.

I'm having problems with playing FM14 on Steam. I bought the key on GOG and activated it for Steam. Haven't played the game in months coz I've been busy with Uni. Went to boot it up today and now I see that it's in the "other games" section of my library and Steam is telling me to buy it again.

Anyone know what's up?

There was two keys, a beta key and a full game key two weeks later! Go back to the site you ordered it from and you should be able to buy it.

Scum

Anyone know what's up?

Maybe you have a beta/demo key...?

dc89

I'll believe it when I see it..

Someone who uses VPN's please buy this Brazilian FM key off me!

I know :(

I think it was only 3/4 weeks ago where we had a fully fit squad. Every player fit and available for selection.

Scary how quickly the injuries can rack up.

Doicare in 3...2...

Edit:
Actually - probably a bit longer than 3/4 weeks.

Cheers everyone :D

There's your birthday present, Hitch.

FUCK FRANCE

Its better than I could have dreamed of :p

As an aside, when 2 countries host a tournament, I always thought they should have a playoff and the loser has to qualify normally. Giving 2 spots away is too much imo.

Happy birthday!

1387008652573kyuy6.gif

2546795.jpg

Name pls

Wonder how long it'll be til Suarez's release clause leaks. That's the sticking point for me, couldn't care less about his wages. He's worth about twice more than any of our other players, and if they whinge about it they can do one. Guess we'll find out about that clause when Perez 'finds' £80m behind the Bank of Spain and next thing you know Suarez is doing keepy-uppies in front of a temporary stand at the Bernebeau

edit: Taking the birthday tributes a bit too far

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is it possible to put a release clause based on league positioning? I remember hearing there were relegation clauses, wonder if there is such a thing as a top 4 clause, that would be hilarious.

Mastadon

Banned
BBC said:
Suarez says: "It's nice because when you extend your contract, you extend it because you want to stay here for the future. I signed not only for two-and-a-half more years, but I signed for a long time to stay here and I am so happy.

"When you are happy, you try everything for the best for the future. I spoke a lot with my family because my family are very important to me and they are happy here. We spoke over the last few weeks with the club and everything is okay. I don't have a problem; the club don't have a problem, so it's very good."

Luis wouldn't lie to us guys, right?

Right??

Is it possible to put a release clause based on league positioning? I remember hearing there were relegation clauses, wonder if there is such a thing as a top 4 clause, that would be hilarious.

Cola, word reached me that you play Hearthstone.

What's your username?

Top Bottom