• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

L1NETT

Back to Footy for a sec but QPR Leicester tomorrow should be a belter, think it's on the box. We are gonna get shat on by Peterboro sadly, and if Nahki goes in the Summer I wanna spending spree like no other. I'll take Fryatt, Vardy and George Green on loan from Everton please.

--

Oh and odd film recommendation, Robot and Frank. Might have mentioned it before but a quiet little melancholic film. Quality.

Fuck superman, I want a flash movie.

So would I, but his rouges are mostly garbage imo.

There is a fucking Gorilla for God's sake.

Fergie

Banned
this old fart roger allam is locking lips with gemma arterton

life is so unfair
GOAT level female human.

2e2ifjcncu2s.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Roger Allam narrates a programme called Sarah and Duck, which is factually the best children's cartoon ever created. Apart from Mr Benn.

L1NETT

Kingdom of Heaven DC was good, not amazing, but good. Even Orlando Bloom couldn't ruin it that much.

And Roger Allam is terrific in The Thick of It.

LTWheels

I watched Dredd for the first time yesterday, and it was fucking awesome.

Glad to hear. Went on a Blu ray purchasing spree this week and purchased:

Dredd
Hunger Games
Inception
Django Unchained
Momento
Prestige

Only previously watched Inception.

Super excited to watch Dredd. We purchased a 3DTV in May and have yet had the chance to test out the 3D.

Clegg

Better have been the DC.
Unfortunately it wasn't.Caught it on Sky Movies this morning but it was just the theatrical version. I know the DC is supposed to be much better but I was impressed by the cut down version anyway.

Will have to track down the DC over the Christmas break. Finished my exams yesterday so I've plenty of time before I go back to Uni. 4 weeks off thanks be to god.

Mastadon

Banned

Dredd
Hunger Games
Inception
Django Unchained
Momento
Prestige

Super excited to watch Dredd. We purchased a 3DTV in May and have yet had the chance to test out the 3D.

Some great picks there, especially Memento and The Prestige. Two of my favourite films of all time.

Carbonox

Dredd
Hunger Games
Inception
Django Unchained
Momento
Prestige

Saw Hunger Games for the first time the other week. Not bad. Boring though.

Still need to see Django Unchained and Memento.

I want to rewatch The Prestige as well. I remember seeing it and thinking it was decent but I enjoyed The Illusionist more.

LTWheels

Some great picks there, especially Memento and The Prestige. Two of my favourite films of all time.

Actually had seen Prestige as well.

I only really go to the cinema once or twice a year, so I don't see many new movies. This year I saw Gravity in the cinema and last year I was Skyfall. That was it at the cinema. I mostly just wait till sky movies to watch films. I also like to build up a backlog then purchase them in deals and sales.

As the tv we purchased in May was our first HDTV, I've also been holding off buying DVDs for the last few years in order to buy the blu ray version.

Death Proof is possibly the worst thing I have ever seen

Including stuff I've watched on efukt and our game with Fulham.

:(

it was certainly incoherent, but i wouldn't call it bad. it had few great scenes whereas django was only alright during the dinner table scene with dicaprio.

foxx was horribly miscast, too.

No love for Foxx, but it felt a spiritual successor to Kill Bill and I was actually able to overcome my hatred for Foxx and enjoy the movie, which is a feat.

Clegg

What's Moyes doing to his players during training? Injuries everywhere.

Thread was made. Alcohol was involved. I have no regrets.
The criticism of Moyes has gone ott. Yes there are players getting injured,but we had even worse problems with injuries during the final years of SAFs regime. The only difference is that more people are focusing on our fitness problems because we aren't being managed by an absolute genius anymore.

Maybe there is a problem with Moyes training methods, but it's not like this is a new thing for United. We've had these problems for a number of years now. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that Moyes really isn't to blame for this mess.

Carbonox

why is there absolutely fuck all tit shots or the like of kaley cuoco? you'd think someone like her would have been caught out at least once but no....

Top Bottom