• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Clegg

that's such a weak response. mourinho would've murdered him.

moyes is weak. he's not gonna make it.

Have you seen Mourinho recently?

I'm surprised that slob gets off his arse to go to a press conference. He is a broken man.

Lightning

Banned
That was a load of rumours from the papers earlier in the season when everyone though Redknapp was off to England. Rogers was speaking about when AVB was appointed in the summer.

Guy just forgot himself and threw in a bit of bullshit when he was making his point about Spurs & Cardiff.
I seriously doubt he made it up. Doesn't even make himself look good, he's at the bigger club who were always bigger. All it did was further show the impression that Spurs disaster of a board are giving the top managers out there. They are a short term club who want immediate success without investment and AVB didn't even get to select the players, all he could do was put names forward.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Moyes killed Mou by taking his United job

Moyes killed RVP and Kagawa

Moyes is killing United

It ain't his jurassic training ways..

..he IS the Dinosaur

bud

Have you seen Mourinho recently?

I'm surprised that slob gets off his arse to go to a press conference. He is a broken man.
haha, i haven't. but when gullit questions his actions regarding mata, he immediately puts him in his place.

Mastadon

Banned
That was a load of rumours from the papers earlier in the season when everyone though Redknapp was off to England. Rogers was speaking about when AVB was appointed in the summer.

Guy just forgot himself and threw in a bit of bullshit when he was making his point about Spurs & Cardiff.

You're crazy. You really don't think Levy was interviewing potential replacements before sacking Redknapp?

The Telegraph said:
Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, approached Rodgers prior to the Northern Irishman’s appointment as Liverpool manager in 2012, when the north London club were interviewing replacements for Harry Redknapp.
Rodgers turned down the opportunity in the hope of securing a deal at Anfield and says the constant changing of managers at White Hart Lane played a part in that decision.

The Independent said:
The Northern Irishman accepted Liverpool's offer rather than that of Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, though the Football Association's decision to appoint Roy Hodgson, rather than Harry Redknapp, as England manager was the most crucial factor in Rodgers ending up at Anfield. It delayed Redknapp's departure from Spurs until June 2012, by which time Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) had entered the picture, having also decided that Andre Villas-Boas should not advance beyond their own shortlist as they sought to replace Kenny Dalglish.

Sky Sports said:
The Northern Irishman was linked with posts at Anfield and White Hart Lane in the summer of 2012, with his success at Swansea City drawing admiring glances from afar.

Liverpool were in the market for a successor to Kenny Dalglish, while Spurs had to find a replacement for Harry Redknapp.

It was to be the Reds who got their man, with Rodgers favouring Merseyside over north London.

There's no doubt that he was actually talking to Levy about taking over.

Carbonox

Just watched Man of Steel for the first time.

Fuck the haters. Film is amazing. Barring the constant timeline jumping and scene cutting (which removes all sense of fluidity of the film aside from the action scenes), it's a visual treat.

Action is pretty spectacular - loved the Smallville fight and the final fight. You really get a sense of their power levels (lolol).

Oh and dat Faora. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh she can snap my neck any day of the week.

Not confident about Man of Steel 2 though. Can't have a character as big as Batman playing - what I'd assume - would be a supporting role alongside Wonder Woman. That's just stupid.

Mastadon

Banned
Just watched Man of Steel for the first time.

Fuck the haters. Film is amazing. Barring the constant timeline jumping and scene cutting (which removes all sense of fluidity of the film aside from the action scenes), it's a visual treat.

Action is pretty spectacular - loved the Smallville fight and the final fight. You really get a sense of their power levels (lolol).

Oh and dat Faora. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh she can snap my neck any day of the week.

Not confident about Man of Steel 2 though. Can't have a character as big as Batman playing - what I'd assume - would be a supporting role alongside Wonder Woman. That's just stupid.

Fucking shite film, what a waste of my life.

Clegg

I think Moyes has gotten this thing arseways by banning the reporter who posts United line-ups before they're officially announced. He should be looking for the player or member of staff who's leaking the info.

And it's obviously Rio who's doing it.

Elchele

I think Moyes has gotten this thing arseways by banning the reporter who posts United line-ups before they're officially announced. He should be looking for the player or member of staff who's leaking the info.

And it's obviously Rio who's doing it.

I had no idea Rio was still part of Manchester United squad

L1NETT

Carbo liking AC is fine.

But Man of Steel.

One step too far my son. It's Zach Synder. He managed to make Superman fighting, cool right?, into brain numbingly dull action with the depth of a piece of A4 paper. He is a fuckwit who has never made a great film in his life.

No idea why they gave him it. Acting was alright though, Cavill is a good Superman.

DC movies smell. And Man of Justice League oh look can we please have some Avengers money now 2 is gonna bomb.

Arrow is all the DC lovin I need.

Mastadon

Banned
Carbo liking AC is fine.

But Man of Steel.

One step too far my son. It's Zach Synder. He managed to make Superman fighting, cool right?, into brain numbingly dull action with the depth of a piece of A4 paper. He is a fuckwit who has never made a great film in his life.

No idea why they gave him it. Acting was alright though, Cavill is a good Superman.

DC movies smell. And Man of Justice League oh look can we please have some Avengers money now 2 is gonna bomb.

Cavill gets a free pass for being in The Tudors, along with Rhys-Meyer and Natalie Dormer, even though her stupid face offends me.

Carbonox

Carbo liking AC is fine.

But Man of Steel.

I like my over-the-top-blow-everything-to-smithereens action :(

Everything else in the film was pointless poop though. Agreed on Cavill's casting however, he's good.

I need to check out Arrow, I've heard so many good things about it.

Mastadon

Banned
I like my over-the-top-blow-everything-to-smithereens action :(

Everything else in the film was pointless poop though. Agreed on Cavill's casting however, he's good.

I need to check out Arrow, I've heard so many good things about it.

Arrow is good fun, very camp and cheesy at points though.

Carbonox

at least something happened in man of steel. can't say the same for singer's trash.

Superman Returns can do one. Even if it's better crafted than Man of Steel (in the sense that it's a coherent film), it manages to be worse viewing because it's sleep-inducing from start to finish.

Mastadon

Banned
Moyesaures

obl:

oRtWkwi.jpg

L1NETT

Just met got to the bit with Black Canary in Arrow.

Proper boss when you realise who she is.

Oh boy there is so much more to come Clegg chap.

--

Dredd is fucking boss. Watched it in a movie marathon straight after Million Dollar Baby, which was weird. I was depressed watching Urban kick some serious buttage.

Mastadon

Banned
Oh boy there is so much more to come Clegg chap.

--

Dredd is fucking boss. Watched it in a movie marathon straight after Million Dollar Baby, which was weird. I was depressed watching Urban kick some serious buttage.

I wish he'd change his name though. Keep getting him mixed up with the country singer.

Fergie

Banned
-----------------De Gea
Raf-----Evans-------Jones-----Evra
-------------Clev----Fletch
---------------Kagawa
Valencia-------Welbeck-----Adnan

pls

Manchester United without Rooney, van Persie, Fellaini, Carrick, Vidic & Ferdinand this weekend

ibn4L2A4p6d6km.gif

currently on a roll, so I won't be surprised by a win, but at the same time expecting a win might mean a loss. This team will give you heart problems.

Dredd was brilliant.

Fuck superman, I want a flash movie.

Top Bottom