• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Scum

Meanwhile, we have Tom Cleverley replacing Lampard.

Shitbollocks.

You're up in eager anticipation of Brendan's Battleship sinking Cardiff with an onslaught of bucktoothed torpedoes

Cleverley for Lampard. Isco for Iniesta. I don't even...

And in-form striker signs new contract and is up against a team with chairman/manager issues...
...I'll pour one out for Cardiff.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Might as well -

---------------------- Defoe ----------------------
Lamela --------- Eriksen ---------- Lennon
------------ Sandro ---- Paulinho -------------
Rose -- Chiriches -- Dawson -- Walker

Dembele/Holtby for Paulinho
Chadli for Lamela
Lamela for Lennon
Soldado/Adebayor for Defoe

Probably end up with -

--------------- Adebayor ---- Defoe ---------------
Chadli ----- Sandro ---- Dembele ----- Lennon
Rose ----- Chiriches ---- Dawson ----- Walker

Have mercy, 3Sixty. D:

Two year contract? Ewww!

If Defoe plays up front on his own I'm going to kill myself. He's shit, he's scored one league goal in the whole of 2013. We have got to start Adebayor up front with a 3 man midfield.

Sherwood has the youth teams all playing 4231/433, we can't go back to 442. We don't have the right kind of midfielders and Tim knows that. He musn't pay any attention to the mouth breathers who want two strikers in every game.

Eh. Ashley's Gold-Silver-Bronze access wheeze is much more egregious, and not a peep on that front.

United reportedly "closing in" on Matic and Garay ? We are fucking inside Garay by this point. We are magic schoolbusing that motherfucker.

iDlRBcEB14gXy.gif

Scum

If Defoe plays up front on his own I'm going to kill myself. He's shit, he's scored one league goal in the whole of 2013. We have got to start Adebayor up front with a 3 man midfield.

Sherwood has the youth teams all playing 4231/433, we can't go back to 442. We don't have the right kind of midfielders and Tim knows that. He musn't pay any attention to the mouth breathers who want two strikers in every game.

To be honest, I thought of using Ade instead of Defoe and would much prefer that. Soldado, even. Did everything right last Thursday and that's what we should build up on. But I'm still dreading a 4-4-2 though...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marco Borriello’s agent confirms he “spoke to Tottenham” and other English clubs regarding a January move away from Roma.

The well-travelled striker has played for the likes of Milan, Juventus and Genoa, while this season he has one goal in 11 games for the Giallorossi.

“Marco is very happy in Rome and with Roma, but clearly the recovery of Francesco Totti and Mattia Destro from injury is reducing his space and he’d like to play more,” agent Carlo Cavalleri told Sky Sport Italia.

Cavalleri was in London on Friday for the WyScout Forum and admits he got some work done while there.

“His profile is very much appreciated in England, as they are looking for players like this. Being here in London I had the chance to talk to various clubs. Tottenham? Yes, they were among them.

“For the moment he is happy at Roma, then we’ll see what happens over the next few days.”

football-prayer_2110140i.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Marco Borriello’s agent confirms he “spoke to Tottenham” and other English clubs regarding a January move away from Roma.

michael-scott-no-o_zpse8b45aff.gif

Tim Sherwood is an Arsenal fan and his dad goes to the Emirates every week?

https://vine.co/v/hEzbQTggzdm

That video is from 2008, he's not saying these things with today's context. It really doesn't matter that he was/is an Arsenal fan, so was Harry, Ashley Cole still is. Steve Bruce was a Newcastle fan and managed Sunderland, Glen Hoddle managed Chelsea.

His only interest as a professional is Tottenham.

Ravel gonna score today.

Wonder if Rio will stop leaking the team today.

He has the potential to, but West Ham hold him back a lot of the time. Either the lineup puts him further back then where he's at his best (rarely happens), or he doesn't get enough of the ball. It's a good shout though. United's midfield will make it easier for him to do his damage.

Salazar

Made the mistake of watching The World's End.

99% of my brain was focused on what it would be like with Rosamund Pike. 0.5% was focused on biscuits.

The remaining 0.5% thought the film was shit.

Mastadon

Banned
Made the mistake of watching The World's End.

99% of my brain was focused on what it would be like with Rosamund Pike. 0.5% was focused on biscuits.

The remaining 0.5% thought the film was shit.

What kind of biscuits? I've got a pack of Garibaldi's waiting to be devoured.

Feorax

Team unchanged for today.

I expect we may play Coutinho in the hole with Hendo wide left, seems to work better at home.

jesalr

Anyone know if we're allowed to tell QPR to piss off and give us Benny back? It hurts me deep seeing Kyle Naughton or Zeki Fryers play 1st team football.

Clegg

Watching an excerpt on Cardiff's press conference where the assistant manager took questions from the press rather than Mackay.

Those journo's acted like cunts towards him.

Top Bottom