• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Feorax

First half was Liverpool really living up to expectation and becoming a side capable of challenging. Second half we saw the Liverpool of old, silly mistakes and questionable decisions etc.

You have to assume (hope) that Rodgers had told them to ease up after half time. 3-0 up at home with 2 massive away games coming up, might as well take it down a gear or 2.

Adnan to score today.

#IAMITK

You just jinxed him.

iB32VfA8gPuBW.gif

Tc91

Not sure if one of the United bro's has linked this today I've been hooked on NBA.

'Alexander Büttner to Italy'... AS Roma and Genoa contacted MUFC agent expects Serie A transfer completed in "matter of days". [telegraaf]

Alexander Bursac, the agent of Büttner, tells De Telegraaf after this weekend discussion with Manchester United whether he's loaned or sold.

So that would leave us with Evra/Fabio and we all know Moyes hates Fabio for whatever reason.

Baines coming in Jan?

Clegg

Suarez has got to be the best player in the world right now. Absolutely mad.

Honestly I can't agree with this at all.

It was only a few weeks ago that Ronaldo was being declared the best player in the world and even then there was still a vocal sector of fans proclaiming Messi to be the best. I will say that Suarez has hit the level that Messi and Ronaldo have been at for the last 5 years. Still Ronaldo for me though..

Fergie

Banned
Not sure if one of the United bro's has linked this today I've been hooked on NBA.

So that would leave us with Evra/Fabio and we all know Moyes hates Fabio for whatever reason.

Baines coming in Jan?
A loan for Buttner would be good. Might force Moyes to play Fabio if he doesn't get Baines.

It was only a few weeks ago that Ronaldo was being declared the best player in the world and even then there was still a vocal sector of fans proclaiming Messi to be the best. I will say that Suarez has hit the level that Messi and Ronaldo have been at for the last 5 years. Still Ronaldo for me though..
He's pretty amazing right now. Wasn't Ibra being touted as current best as well?

Ronaldo is only the best player because Messi is injured. If you're going by form, Suarez is better. He's scoring at a better rate than Ronaldo in an inferior team and without taking penalties. He probably provides more assists too.

ATF487

Stunningly poor second half performance when we had a chance to put them to the sword. If we're going to man mark, fucking man mark. Getting clearly outnumbered like that is unacceptable, and our set piece defending throughout is a massive worry. Skrtel is going to cost us sooner or later pulling like that in the box. And what happened to our midfield interplay?

Sakho is so clearly our best defender. He's the only one who

- Turns crosses into throw-ins instead of corners.
- Positions himself properly from incoming set pieces
- Sets his feet early enough to get a good jump
- Gets distance on his headers
- Uses his physique without fouling
- Makes 50-50s into 70-30s
- Doesn't lunge in unless he has a real chance of winning the ball

He's becoming a beast.

Still, got the result we needed going into the next 2 games so I won't complain too much.

Not sure how to feel about Johnson. He's not playing well enough to justify a new contract. Wish he was though :(

I fucking love Sakho.

Was annoyed when the co-commentator said he wasn't comfortable in possession, he's a very good passer I think. Similar to Agger in that he can come forward a little bit and find the safe outlet.

Extremely pleased with the first half, annoyed with the second but I liked how Rodgers was tinkering to sure things up a bit. Like others I want to see a little more of Aspas/Alberto but they will probably be in the squad against Oldham.

WJD

Honestly I think this is complete nonsense.

It was only a few weeks ago that Ronaldo was being declared the best player in the world and even then there was still a vocal sector of fans proclaiming Messi to be the best. I will say that Suarez has hit the level that Messi and Ronaldo have been at for the last 5 years. Still Ronaldo for me.

"Right now" is really the operative term here. His form is better than anyone else in the world right now for me.

GorillaJu

It's just that extra special bump it gets for happening in the Premier League I think. I think saying he's the best player in the world right now is fine, emphasis on the "right now"

I think he's in the top 5-10 in the world though for sure.

Feorax

Gerrard could be back next week apparently.

He'd have been great for a game like today, but I wouldn't have wanted him playing v City and Chelsea, even if he was fit.

Clegg

A loan for Buttner would be good. Might force Moyes to play Fabio if he doesn't get Baines.

He's pretty amazing right now. Wasn't Ibra being touted as current best as well?

Only after he scored 4 against Copenhagen.

Nobody seriously thought he was the best in the world. At least, I hope they didn't.

dc89

It's an away game right? Should have a chance. lol

Sorry. Need you guys to trip up as much as possible.

:( don't say dis

My mom sent me my PS4 today :3

Should I buy Fifa 14?

Where do you live again? You know where you can get one? Maybe I can help ;)

In my case there is logic, since at New Years it will be 19 games played and all teams will have played each other.

Plus we haven't played Liverpool yet so if we beat Arsenal I'll consider us joint top.

Hart back in goal. Hilarity could ensue.

:( pls no.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ronaldo is only the best player because Messi is injured. If you're going by form, Suarez is better. He's scoring at a better rate than Ronaldo in an inferior team and without taking penalties. He probably provides more assists too.

You're absolutely right, but no one is gonna listen to you.

Brain-washed. All of them. -_-

Yen

I fucking love Sakho.

Was annoyed when the co-commentator said he wasn't comfortable in possession, he's a very good passer I think. Similar to Agger in that he can come forward a little bit and find the safe outlet.
His passing will always be underrated as he looks uncomfortable doing it. Silly really, as a lot of them aren't easy passes, and 95% of them find their target with a good pace and height to be controlled

"Right now" is really the operative term here. His form is better than anyone else in the world right now for me.

Pretty much

Comes with the caveat that Messi and Ronaldo have done it for much longer, and will probably continue doing it, while I expect Suarez's form will dip, probably before the end of the season, and he'll go back to being merely world class, rather than top 3 :p

Yenrot you cunt :lol

Meier

Interesting lineup for us. I joked about how if it were FM that I'd just throw Aleks or Gael at RB.

Not a big fan of Dzeko and Negredo together but Jovetic being ill kind of made it a necessity I suppose.

GorillaJu

Where do you live again? You know where you can get one?

It's not out in my country right now (Japan), my mom bought one and sent it my way, should be here in a week's time or so.

Going all-digital until it comes out here then I can buy some Japanese discs.

dc89

It's not out in my country right now (Japan), my mom bought one and sent it my way, should be here in a week's time or so.

Going all-digital until it comes out here then I can buy some Japanese discs.

Ahhhhh. Well hopefully if arrives in a speedy fashion.

TeegsD

How far in is the United game. Comcast is killing me here. They out the game on Extra Time but i can't just jump to live...

Meier

Fulham are playing well thus far. Very tight pressing. We haven't really had any sort of chance yet. Haven't had much possession in their half for that matter:

Top Bottom