• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

I think Arsenal have a shot since it's at home. It'll be tough though. Looking forward to it.
I reckon they'll win.

Chelsea haven't shown too much conviction and resilience themselves this season.

Should be a very good game though, expecting good football and that bit of anarchy you need for an exciting game.

The thing is, its not Bayern's fault that the league is shit (aside from their transfer policy of essentially financially blackmailing their rivals into selling them their best players)

They're doing what's necessary, trying to strengthen their dominance and position as the best team in the world. The teams below them simply have no chance of keeping up though, and it ruins the league. It sounds terrible, but they could do with an oil-baron taking over someone and pouring money in, just to spice the league up :p

Scum

I reckon they'll win.

Chelsea haven't shown too much conviction and resilience themselves this season.

Should be a very good game though, expecting good football and that bit of anarchy you need for an exciting game.

An Ashley Cole red card will be just the ticket for that anarchy. :3

The thing is, its not Bayern's fault that the league is shit (aside from their transfer policy of essentially financially blackmailing their rivals into selling them their best players)

They're doing what's necessary, trying to strengthen their dominance and position as the best team in the world. The teams below them simply have no chance of keeping up though, and it ruins the league. It sounds terrible, but they could do with an oil-baron taking over someone and pouring money in, just to spice the league up :p

Klinsmann

The hero Bundesliga needed but didn't deserve.

faridmon

I think the top 9 is set. The order of which will be very interesting to see once the season is over. I see Everton finishing in the top 6 though with Man Utd as well. Newcastle, Spurs and Southampton picking up the final spots in whichever order.

Things can change though, like in the season we finished 5th though teams are much stronger now than back then.

I absolutely love this season though. The most entertaining Premier League season in YEARS. No other league in the world has been half as good as the Premier League.

Aye. Its going to be interesting we end up, but I can't help being disappointing as seeing our hard work against the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal come into nothing and end up lower than we actually perceived, but what can you do. Such is League games.

It has been quite entertaining yes, but I have feeling that the top teams from now on will wake up and there will be less entertaining games until this season finishes. Keep in mind that the reason why we had a such a turbulent Premier League season have mainly been the nature of transition some of those big teams had. Now that they got into rhythm, there the PL will be back as it was.

I hope I am wrong though

Aye. Its going to be interesting we end up, but I can't help being disappointing as seeing our hard work against the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal come into nothing and end up lower than we actually perceived, but what can you do. Such is League games.

It has been quite entertaining yes, but I have feeling that the top teams from now on will wake up and there will be less entertaining games until this season finishes. Keep in mind that the reason why we had a such a turbulent Premier League season have mainly been the nature of transition some of those big teams had. Now that they got into rhythm, there the PL will be back as it was.

I hope I am wrong though

Yeah. Think City wll coast to the title and be 4+ points ahead by March. Chelsea depend entirely on their January business I reckon. I wouldn't even mind being in fourth as long as there was a decent gap between 4th and 5th. No such luck though, we'll be fighting til the end and fall short I fear. These fixtures could well be a killer. I wish it was Chelsea first.

Splatt

Surely they aren't a one team League, Tell me so....

This season, no. Porto's been on a bit of downward spiral this season which both Benfica and Sporting used to their advantage.

Kind of mirrors Lyon's fall to mediocrity...

Do tell. How good/bad is it...?

I catch some Benfica/Porto matches on local channel when there's no good footy going on, and the quality is just... ugh.

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 25m
Allardyce: "Where you actually finish in the league depends on the money you’ve spent. It’s a statistical fact, that." #whufc #mufc

Sam-Allardyce-007.jpg

Scum

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Chelsea
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Southampton
9. Tottingham

Yeah. Think City wll coast to the title and be 4+ points ahead by March. Chelsea depend entirely on their January business I reckon.

I heard de Bruyne(?) wants to leave...and I wonder if PSG will come sniffing for Mata in Jan...

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Chelsea
6. Everton
7. Newcastle
8. Southampton
9. Tottingham

I heard de Bruyne(?) wants to leave...and I wonder if PSG will come sniffing for Mata in Jan...
You'll have to check with Wooden but Mata plays nowadays.

Scum

Bravely Default is fun.

This season, no. Porto's been on a bit of downward spiral this season which both Benfica and Sporting used to their advantage.

Kind of mirrors Lyon's fall to mediocrity...

I catch some Benfica/Porto matches on local channel when there's no good footy going on, and the quality is just... ugh.

Surely AVB's going back to Porto to spice things up?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bundesliga is a joke, one-team league. The best team taking away the best players from its direct rival. JOKE.

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 25m
Allardyce: "Where you actually finish in the league depends on the money you’ve spent. It’s a statistical fact, that." #whufc #mufc

Sam-Allardyce-007.jpg

He was spouting some bollocks a few days ago about spending £20m to move up one place in the table, £50m to move up 2 etc. Tit.

Yen

After falling asleep at the start of it during the week, I have finally watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Excellent, check it out if you get the chance.

After falling asleep at the start of it during the week, I have finally watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Excellent, check it out if you get the chance.

Out of interest,did you check my post history on RAWK or just happen to remember the Sakho post? :p

faridmon

I haven't watched any of the LOTR movies except for like 30 min of the first one. I was never big on Fantasy movies.... Until I actually enjoyed the hell out of The Hobbit.

Maybe, I should get the DVD/Bluray version of the LOTR movies and marathon the whole bloody thing.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Come on, that's different. RVP wasn't signing an extension so Wenger did it right and sold him.

Goetze was a Dortmund player with an on-going contract. So not even remotely the same.

Dortmund is gonna get gutted this summer, though. Lewandowski out, and Gundogan most likely too. Tough break for Dortmund.

L1NETT

People keep saying Arsenal will have their usual second half of the season collapse. Except that we were the best team in the league during the second half of last season. Usually we get off to a horrible start and are out of the league by Christmas.

Last season you were great when it didn't matter.

After your hilarious two weeks of choking against Blackburn and Bayern it was of no consequence you played well.

Let's see when the pressure comes how good you lot really are.

Elchele

Come on, that's different. RVP wasn't signing an extension so Wenger did it right and sold him.

Goetze was a Dortmund player with an on-going contract. So not even remotely the same.

Dortmund is gonna get gutted this summer, though. Lewandowski out, and Gundogan most likely too. Tough break for Dortmund.

I don't like Gotze and I also think it damaged the league, but that's mostly Pep's fault. We were interested in Isco, when Heynckes was still around, but Pep came and asked for someone skilled, his first choice was Neymar :)lol) so the board suggested Gotze because it was cheaper and german.

Lewa was going to leave anyway, most likely to the EPL, so signing him is better than letting him leave the league.

But I do agree about Gotze.

Gündogan has played like 1 match so far this season and we're doing kind of fine. Lewandowski will be hard to replace, though, at least in the short run. Depends on who we can sign as replacement, if it really is someone of Diego Costa's level, we'll be very fine.

I don't like Gotze and I also think it damaged the league, but that's mostly Pep's fault. We were interested in Isco, when Heynckes was still around, but Pep came and asked for someone skilled, his first choice was Neymar :)lol) so the board suggested Gotze because it was cheaper and german.

Pep? lol

It was the whole club that wanted Götze, especially Sammer was jacking off to him.

It's too bad that Bundesliga is going on a break. It would have been nice if Dortmund kept imploding all the way until they have to play us. The Dortmund that I saw today even we can beat!

L1NETT

Ugh football on boxing day is a horrid one this year, playing Rotherscum with their seemingly endless budget (how on earth did they get Haris Vukic).

The prem games that day aside from City Liverpool look right boring that day mind, so no doubt i'll be checking it on my phone.

Looking forward to going to the Swindon game on the 29th though.

wedward

Last season you were great when it didn't matter.

After your hilarious two weeks of choking against Blackburn and Bayern it was of no consequence you played well.

Let's see when the pressure comes how good you lot really are.

Yes, qualifying for CL doesn't matter.

Tell that to Liverpool and Tottenham.

Top Bottom