• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yes, qualifying for CL doesn't matter.

Tell that to Liverpool and Tottenham.

The pressure of being in a title race is far greater than the pressure of chasing a CL spot.

Arsenal did well to get it, their run was impressive - but it doesn't count for much, if anything at all, when it comes to being in a title race against teams who know how to get it done.

Scum

I never understood how they make more money on a Monday night then say Sunday when more people can watch.

"Durr. It's a big game. Move it to Monday night. People will have nothing to do but watch this fixture instead!" - FA, Sky and TV Money dispensers.

"Durr. It's a big game. Move it to Monday night. People will have nothing to do but watch this fixture instead!" - FA, Sky and TV Money dispensers.

I don't think that's why - if that was the reason alot more of the big games would be on a Monday night.

It's probably more to do with ensuring the Monday night slot has some exciting fixtures so that when the TV companies bid for the different packages, they all have some worth.

wedward

The pressure of being in a title race is far greater than the pressure of chasing a CL spot.

Arsenal did well to get it, their run was impressive - but it doesn't count for much, if anything at all, when it comes to being in a title race against teams who know how to get it done.

Yeah, I agree with that, but winning against the teams below you week in and week out is important and that was the first time I was convinced Arsenal could do it.

Lightning

Banned

If United miss out on the top 4 this season but win the FA cup will you be satisfied with that?

To be honest, I prefer the Götze transfer than signing fucking nerman

This may sounds stupid coming from a BVB fan but I honestly think Neymar would have been a better, although riskier, move for Bayern.

Beating Real/Barca in signing a player like Neymar would have improved Bayern's reputation globally and made them a "cooler" club. I don't think signing Götze helped their reputation, it hurt them just as much with the whole "weaken your rival lol, fuck them". Not that Bayern would care about that but still. Like some criminal from Bavaria once said, Götze is a local thing, Neymar is not.

Also, Götze has been very poor in the role Pep wanted him to play (striker), I think Neymar would have done better there. When everyone's fit at Bayern, would Götze start? I don't think so.

Kyoufu

Rivals once again.

8Nc7Ihc.png

Scum

I don't think that's why - if that was the reason alot more of the big games would be on a Monday night.

It's probably more to do with ensuring the Monday night slot has some exciting fixtures so that when the TV companies bid for the different packages, they all have some worth.
That makes a lot more sense, but let me hate on the FA. :p

I'm going to hate Pep even more when Javi requests to be sold
D:

Wow. I'm surprised by your response.

Elchele

This may sounds stupid coming from a BVB fan but I honestly think Neymar would have been a better, although riskier, move for Bayern.

Beating Real/Barca in signing a player like Neymar would have improved Bayern's reputation globally and made them a "cooler" club. I don't think signing Götze helped their reputation, it hurt them just as much with the whole "weaken your rival lol, fuck them". Not that Bayern would care about that but still. Like some criminal from Bavaria once said, Götze is a local thing, Neymar is not.

Also, Götze has been very poor in the role Pep wanted him to play (striker), I think Neymar would have done better there. When everyone's fit at Bayern, would Götze start? I don't think so.

Personally I wanted to sign Isco and nobody else. dat magic

Barzul

So if Arsenal beats Chelsea, what next? I say we have the easiest run of games for any of the title challengers, Liverpool need to face Chelsea and City, tough games for all involved.

Fry

Our defence is not good enough to face City.

Our attack is. So I expect a high scoring match like Arsenals, plus me having a heart attack. :(]]I think we can win, but we wont.

Elchele

I think it's exactly like La Liga, except with one team.

The thing is, Bayern are just doing their thing. We have great financial situation, and can lure any player in the world to join us with both money + football perspective.

Bayern would make any league a one side league. It's just crazy, is there even a team so well managed financially like Bayern? Real Madrid and Barcelona are just in a huge bubble, and it will explode eventually. Man City, Chelsea, etc are supported by outsiders.

I think Bayern gets less TV money than most EPL sides, and the top Serie A sides. Crazy.

fuck Pep

Our defence is not good enough to face City.

Our attack is. So I expect a high scoring match like Arsenals, plus me having a heart attack. :(]]I think we can win, but we wont.
City will misfire at home eventually. Just gotta hold on to your butts and hope its when your team go there.

The thing is, Bayern are just doing their thing. We have great financial situation, and can lure any player in the world to join us with both money + football perspective.

Bayern would make any league a one side league. It's just crazy, is there even a team so well managed financially like Bayern? Real Madrid and Barcelona are just in a huge bubble, and it will explode eventually. Man City, Chelsea, etc are supported by outsiders.

I think Bayern gets less TV money than most EPL sides, and the top Serie A sides. Crazy.

fuck Pep
Nope.

They might win regularly like United did in the PL but they'd still face competition.

Lightning

Banned
Yes. Just like I include the Champions of Europe in there.
Hahahaha just poking you mate. If we don't win the league I really hope City does.

City will misfire at home eventually. Just gotta hold on to your butts and hope its when your team go there.
I maintain my argument from last week that City's defense are not as good as it's being made out to be. You just need to defend properly against them, teams are scoring against City.

Fry

Yup, I know guys, I'm not that scared from City as much as I am of our naivety. See our second half today.

It's 50-50. I believe we can give them much trouble, but I also don't think we can hold out from conceding at least two goals.

noal

Banned
Darts Defence League is here.

Although the sport/ not a sport thing doesn't bother me. The entertainment is key.

Suen

Should have been red for Tiago, didn't get any card. Lol Liga refs are the worst out there. I wonder if there are only two refs who get all money there causing the rest of the refs to be horrible at their jobs there.

noal

Banned
Who cares if it's a sport? It's entertaining enough to watch it once a year, especially since we have great commentators in Germany.

Once a year!

The good thing about the PDC is that Sky show all year round coverage of tournaments. Darts isn't off the TV for long.

If it had stayed with the BDO/BBC it would have died.

sohois

Darts is cool. fuck anyone who says otherwise.

I had a pretty sweet night tonight. Anyone know that feeling where you're just coming down from being drunk but are not too drunk, and just end up feeling vaguely good in every way? Cos that's how i feel right now for some reason. I met some Norwegian bloke who was really awesome for some reason, then i got 2 girls to give me their phone number even though they were standing right next to each other and could clearly see me hitting on both of them.yeah

Linius

Once a year!

The good thing about the PDC is that Sky show all year round coverage of tournaments. Darts isn't off the TV for long.

If it had stayed with the BDO/BBC it would have died.

Everyone who can throw even a little left the BDO. Except for Wolfie I guess :p

Top Bottom