• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

The Recent Rise of Adnan Januzaj

Evra is better than our scouts lol

Sounds like Mr. MUJAC wrote that. He's always going on about that "Youth player has started for United since so and so" statistic. I like his insight, but he also isn't critical enough towards youth players.

It would have been lame to see Januzaj on loan. It made no sense. Januzaj was better than Pogba at youth level and Fergie stated in 2011, that he was not going to send Pogba on loan because he was good enough to play for the first team. As we all know, Fergie went on to contradict himself. I said it from the start that Januzaj was good enough to play for United because of the consistency he showed at youth level, something that I can't say about any other United youth player.

I always thought that Januzaj went on tour with United because Fergie talked to Moyes about him. I'm surprised that didn't happen. I'm slightly disappointed that it took a first team player to drop out in order for him to go on tour considering Lingard went on tour. It looks like Moyes favors older youth players.

edit: Actually written by Andy Mitten.

Velkov, the Bulgarian cb, with Vidic and Rio.

BcOWQjgCMAE9Ou_.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Giuseppe Rossi can prove his fitness then we'll probably see a few clubs raiding Fiorentina for him.

Class player when fit.

There's a 30-35m buyout clause in his contract.

pls take him

Started watching Deadwood. Only watched the first episode, it was a bit slow but it felt like it is slowly going to build up to something bigger.
It slowly builds up to getting cancelled.

Lightning

Banned
I don't understand why the media are so intent on rubbishing Ozil so much. We're joint leaders in the PL, goal difference, having played all the top teams in the PL and Ozil is in his first PL season where we play so many games quickly and yet he gets hounded after every game lately. It takes time to adjust to the physicality, pace, pressure of the PL and it's just absurdity of the highest order some of the stuff being written. From GAF you expect that because the people here enjoy taking the piss and doing wind ups but the guy needs people to get off his case. It also doesn't help Wenger asking him to play every game knowing it's his first season and he's still adjusting.

We're in a really good position yet you'd think we were in a crisis listening to some of the crap they are coming out with.

Lightning

Banned
No Salazar. Fellaini has been in the league for many years and is under performing. There is no adjustment required, no new manager, league etc. it just hasn't worked out for him yet. Ozil is not Fabregas/Ramsey who run all over the pitch even when not playing well dictating and trying to control the game or create something. He is a pure attacking player who drifts in and out of games influencing them as he goes most of the time and that's how he's always been.

It's not laziness, it's a style of play that's very effective most of the time. Ozil doesn't get injured, Fabregas tries to do so much by himself he injures himself in the process. Arsenal are a much better team with Ozil on the field just by the fact that he's there, you take him out and you'll see the glaring difference.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're in a really good position yet you'd think we were in a crisis listening to some of the crap they are coming out with.

looool

According to Italy, we were in a top of the league crisis for 2-3 years.

Draw: "CRISIS: Juve collapse. Pogba's last game? He went straight to the dressing room"
Loss: "CRISIS: Juve meltdown. Vidal sent an angry text to Padoin"
Loss: "Conte warns: Buy me a striker or..."
Hit the post a few times "Juve fire blanks! Llorene, is he only beautiful?"
Lose to Bayern "Conte doubt. His mind is in Paris"
Crash out: "NO MONEY! Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio and Pirlo: Free us Juve!"

and an endless stream of shitty articles.

Blablurn

I don't understand why the media are so intent on rubbishing Ozil so much. We're joint leaders in the PL, goal difference, having played all the top teams in the PL and Ozil is in his first PL season where we play so many games quickly and yet he gets hounded after every game lately. It takes time to adjust to the physicality, pace, pressure of the PL and it's just absurdity of the highest order some of the stuff being written. From GAF you expect that because the people here enjoy taking the piss and doing wind ups but the guy needs people to get off his case. It also doesn't help Wenger asking him to play every game knowing it's his first season and he's still adjusting.

Özil is not very likable. The German media doesn't like him much either. Plus he hasnt delivered in big matches so far.

Meier

English press are always what have you done for me lately. Özil started hot but has struggled a bit as of late and come across as petulant a few times. Honestly though, he is on pace, goals wise, to have his best ever season.

Salazar

No Salazar. Fellaini has been in the league for many years and is under performing. There is no adjustment required, no new manager, league etc. it just hasn't worked out for him yet.

He's been playing through extreme pain.

Seems more deserving of slack than "oh, yeah, he's periodically fucking invisible. Never change, Mesüt <3<3<3" Ozil.

faridmon

No Salazar. Fellaini has been in the league for many years and is under performing. There is no adjustment required, no new manager, league etc. it just hasn't worked out for him yet.

As much as I want to laugh at Fillaini and his misadventure's ''Upgrade'', He have been injured and was playing most of his matches with Back problems that was just decided to be operated on.

The lad is filled with internal injuries, no wonder he is underperforming so much.

Lightning

Banned
He's been playing through extreme pain.

Seems more deserving of slack than "oh, yeah, he's periodically fucking invisible. Never change, Mesüt <3<3<3" Ozil.
Then neither player deserves crap. Mesut Ozil doesn't deserve the crap coming his way.

I have no idea about Fellaini aside from what I see on the football field. I don't follow United news so am unsure if the media have even ripped into him.

As much as I want to laugh at Fillaini and his misadventure's ''Upgrade'', He have been injured and was playing most of his matches with Back problems that was just decided to be operated on.

The lad is filled with internal injuries, no wonder he is underperforming so much.
Then he shouldn't really have played. United must have been really desperate.

faridmon

Ugh at the ''Rock scene is shit'' thread. So many people live in glass tinted nostalgia to a point that they don't realise that they do have a shit taste in music and are lazy to search for great music in todays scene.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
zabo do something

Cellino (Cagliari's president): "I will sell Nainggolan to Milan or Juventus."

"Marotta asked first, but Galliani is a good friend. Let's see."

I think (or hope that) he's using us to bump up his price, because I can't fathom why we're going to waste a sizable amount of money on another squad player.

Our fucking bench is more expensive than our XI, and they almost never play too.

faridmon

Then he shouldn't really have played. United must have been really desperate.

He hasn't except for the odd games here and there. Now they are saying that both his back and his wrists will be operated on in order to just get rid of his ailments.

But again, you could laugh at the fact that they paid 27M for a a player who was clearly injured.

Zabojnik

I think (or hope that) he's using us to bump up his price, because I can't fathom why we're going to waste a sizable amount of money on another squad player.

It's because we're selling Pogba to PSG in January and need a replacement. /Timurid

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
guys..

(rough translation)

Vidal "Conte is like a father to me"

"As a child I suffered a lot. I was always depressed because my dad had left us when I was only five and I was missing him"

"There was not much to eat and we had many problems. One day I decided that I could not go on like this.

"And from that moment I began to smile. I think it's important. It's my way of living, a smile helps you always"

Arturo is the second of six children (three boys & three girls).

Reporter: why did your father leave? (what kinda question is that ffs)

Vidal "I do not know, I never asked him. In Chile it is difficult to move forward without money"

"The divorce rate in Chile is high. However, we (Arturo & his father) have an excellent relationship" (It's not true btw, I heard a few stories about them :p)

Vidal on his Brothers & Sisters"I've done everything possible to help them, I was happy to do so. And now they will come to Turin to see me! The door is always open to them at my house. "

vidal go to madrid bb i wont judge u ;_;
u will forget how to smile again though
. Anyway, it's a long depressing interview so I'll spare you guys.

-
RE:Ozil

I don't get the criticism. He's just as lazy as the other playmakers/attacking midfielders out there. Sneijder, Mata, Kagawa, Cesc, Silva, Mata and Nasri. They all made more or less the same amount of tackles/etc this season. They can be a liability, sure, but they can also unlock the game with a moment of brilliance.

Which is why Mou prefers players like Oscar I guess.

Meanwhile, at Hitch5-0 household...

I was at wrok duting the match, and was really quite annoyed that I had to miss it when I found out it was to be on a Monday :lol

Feels nice to be at the top at Christmas, but pretty meaningless given the almost negligible gap between 1st and 5th, and 2 fixtures we have to round off the first half of the season. In a way, it makes me even more pissed off in restrospect at the SOuthampton and Hull matches. Should be 6 points clear. Still, can't complain too much :p

Mourinho gets good away results at difficult grounds, but I can't bring myself to think he's doing the right thing approaching games like this. Can't wait til he leaves the league again. Preferably after we smash them at the weekend :p

bjaelke

Spanish media are saying that Atletico Madrid are monitoring Benteke and will make another approach for him next Summer as a replacement for Costa. They already contacting Villa last transfer window with the intention of buying him, but a &#8364;30m price tag scared them away - only &#8364;8m lower than the buy-out clause in Costa's contract.

Lightning

Banned
Mourinho gets good away results at difficult grounds, but I can't bring myself to think he's doing the right thing approaching games like this. Can't wait til he leaves the league again. Preferably after we smash them at the weekend :p
I needs it. 4-0 minimum please! We need to set aside our differences when it comes to Chelsea!

Spanish media are saying that Atletico Madrid are monitoring Benteke and will make another approach for him next Summer as a replacement for Costa. They already contacting Villa last transfer window with the intention of buying him, but a &#8364;30m price tag scared them away - only &#8364;8m lower than the buy-out clause in Costa's contract.
He should be cheaper next summer if he keeps playing poop and now injured.

simples

Banned

what a garbage stat

it doesnt take eyes the size of ozil to see ones a winger and other is a cam/almost a false 9. besides hazard has to play in mourinho's system where he cant burst down the wings and take people on like he used to last year. Rather have him than lazy bug eyes anyday

Can't see shit, Captain Zabo

edit: See it now

So many mixed feeling going into the City match

Fear - We legitimately could get smashed 7-0
Apprehension -We'll probably be 5th come Friday
Excitement - They have key injuries and we have players bang in form
Resignation - Already accepted a defeat and looking ahead to Chelsea
Optimism - Suarez in this form makes me feel like anything is possible

------------------------------Mignolet---------------------------------

-----------------Flanagan--------------Sakho----------------------

-------------------------Lucas------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------Henderson--------------------

--------Sterling-------------Suso--------------------------Salah

-----------------------------Coutinho--------------------------------

-------------------Sturridge----------Suarez----------------------

#Rodgolution
#TeamS

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Suso vs Deulofeu

Jese vs Ravel

Januzaj vs Max Meyer

Berardi vs Morata

Powell vs Barkley

Sturridge vs Gnabry
since I'm bored

Januzaj (18): 3 goals in 15
ra'vel (20): 5 goals and 2 assists in 20.
Suso (21): 3 goals and 5 assists in 15
Max (18): 4 in 22.
Gnabry (18): 1 in 7
Deulofeu (19): 3 in 14
Morata (21): 2 in 14
Jesé (20): 2 goals and 3 assists in 14
Ross Barkley (20): 3 in 17.
Nick Powel (19): 8 and 1 assist in 22.
Django (24): 11 in 14
Immobile (23): 8 goals and 2 assists in 15
Koke (21): 3 goals and 8 assists in 17
Berardi (19): 7 goals and 5 assists (if you count penalties won) in 11 games.
Salah (21): 6 goals in 24
Coutinho (21): 1 goal and 1 assist in 12
Jorginho (22): 7 goals and 3 assists in 16.
Pogba (20): 6 goals and 5 assists in 23
Verratti (21): 4 assists in 21.

since I'm bored

Januzaj (18): 3 goals in 15
ra'vel (20): 5 goals and 2 assists in 20.
Suso (21): 3 goals and 5 assists in 15
Max (18): 4 in 22.
Gnabry (18): 1 in 7
Deulofeu (19): 3 in 14
Morata (21): 2 in 14
Jesé (20): 2 goals and 3 assists in 14
Ross Barkley (20): 3 in 17.
Nick Powel (19): 8 and 1 assist in 22.
Django (24): 11 in 14
Koke (21): 3 goals and 8 assists in 17
Berardi (19): 7 goals and 5 assists (if you count penalties won) in 11 games.

Suarez vs Altidore ¬¬

Do these count as assists?
-Hitting the post and a player scoring off the deflection
-Winning a fk and player scores off a fk

If they do count like in fantasy football, Januzaj has 4 assists. If not, he only has 2 assists.

If they do count like in fantasy football, Januzaj has 4 assists. If not, he only has 2 assists.

-Yes
-No

Winning a penalty should be an assist tho. Can't justify it, but it's the way I'd define it :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Only the 2nd one counts.

But it also depends on who's counting them, lol.

Anderson

Fuck this weather, if the trains don't get sorted, I have to pick my brother up from Wimbledon and bring down to the south coast.

I wanna drink, not drive through shite traffic and conditions, damn you Zeus!

Top Bottom