• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Hindle

Banned
It's impressive how Chelsea have been playing shit, when compared to the likes of City, Arsenal ad Liverpool etc. But they're still only two points away from the top. To me, that's a sign of a really great team.

Mackay sacked? Such a stupid descision.

But it could be good for us, Crystal Palace.

Very grateful that our club have such sensible owners as Steve Parish and the others, and not a clown like Tan.

Timurid

Pogba in a mosque

Bcf7YN0CYAAQYXe.jpg

Bcf7mjcCQAArndg.jpg:large

Is he in Qatar?

158854959-lucas-moura-of-psg-poses-with-a-short-next-gettyimages.jpg

Only a matter of days now. :p

Just watched the Liverpool game. Ha, seriously? You thought you deserved to win that? You got absolutely batttered until Coutinho's goal, City COULD have had 3 or 4. You COULD have had 2 or 3 in the second half, but you didn't. Swallow it.

Walshy

Just watched the Liverpool game. Ha, seriously? You thought you deserved to win that? You got absolutely batttered until Coutinho's goal, City COULD have had 3 or 4. You COULD have had 2 or 3 in the second half, but you didn't. Swallow it.
I don't know who you are replying to here but most Liverpool fans thought that the offside decision was awful officiating and cost us a goal.

A draw would of been a fair result but Mignolet's mistake ended up being the match winner for them. Luckily for him he's won us more points that lost this season and was his first real mistake.

On the referee, the likes of Mike Dean and Chris Foy who are from Merseyside are not allowed to referee in Liverpool yet Lee Mason who is from Greater Manchester can referee at the Eithad?

I don't know who you are replying to here but most Liverpool fans thought that the offside decision was awful officiating and cost us a goal.

A draw would of been a fair result but Mignolet's mistake ended up being the match winner for them. Luckily for him he's won us more points that lost this season and was his first real mistake.

On the referee, the likes of Mike Dean and Chris Foy who are from Merseyside are not allowed to referee in Liverpool yet Lee Mason who is from Greater Manchester can referee at the Eithad?

I reckon any result would have been fair tbh

Not to take away from the dreadfulness of the decision, but we scored pretty soon after the offside call, and the Suarez tug was obviously cancelled out by Skrtel's antics. Only other contentious officiating was Lucas being punished for a textbook tackle on Silca, giving them a free kick that kept us pushed back until Kompany scored, but we had multiple oppurtunities to clear it between that foul and the goal.

Probably the first case this season of our poor finishing outside of Suarez costing us badly. If he is on the end of that Coutinho or Sterling chance, rather than creating them, we come away with a point at least I think :(

He wasn't completely terrible when he came on, but I do wish we'd stop persisting with Moses. Giving him any gametime is pointless in the short, medium and long term.

Wes

venison crêpe
Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack 6m
So, bizarrely, Valencia's actually better off now. He could have been banned for Norwich and been on 5 yellows. Now he's banned and is on 4

Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack 2m
Cut-off for ban for 5 yellows is 31 Dec. Next cut-off is 10 yellows (automatic two-game ban) is second Sunday in April (13th)..

faridmon

Lets smash the Saints please. The only way this disappointments can go.
Sunday is so far away. Who the hell said that there is too much matches to be played?

Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack 6m
So, bizarrely, Valencia's actually better off now. He could have been banned for Norwich and been on 5 yellows. Now he's banned and is on 4

Nick Coppack ‏@nickcoppack 2m
Cut-off for ban for 5 yellows is 31 Dec. Next cut-off is 10 yellows (automatic two-game ban) is second Sunday in April (13th)..
:lol

Nice.

Anyone else think Sterling has a chance of going to the World Cup? Not too many decent English wide players.

He will go.

I called this at the start of the season, too.

I'm awesome.

Clegg

What happened to Lucas Moura?

He was supposed to be the next big thing, but you hardly hear a peep about him these days. I mean, he's doing OK in Ligue 1, but that's hardly a decent measure of progress.

He was supposed to be the next big thing, but you hardly hear a peep about him these days. I mean, he's doing OK in Ligue 1, but that's hardly a decent measure of progress.
He wasted his chance to become a top player by going to PSG.

Not the first and won't be the last.

Same as Bernard I think

Moved to a big club too early, with too many options ahead of him, restricting his gametime and temporarily stalling his development.

Top Bottom