• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

While there was no challenge in beating a crippled Barca team, that at this point was getting ready to get demolished by Frits and Hans, the reason he wanted to leave was love and to get away from the fragmented babies in Madrid.

Pep had to run away from the mess he had gotten himself into with the big bully Mourinho, realized there was nothing to gain anymore. He ran away like a wounded animal, afraid and with no idea what to do. In the meantime Bayern won everything with ease and to Peps luck their manager was leaving after the season. Pep now with the perfect opportunity to get a job in a not just two team league like La Liga, but a 1 team league like the krauts league, didn't have to think much about his next job destination.

More honorable a man like Mourinho decided to take on the mess that many incompetent managers had left behind, in a league more competitive than any. That there is more motivation in that should be a given, then there is really no reason to keep bothering an already broken man like Pep who just wanted exile long away from everyone, he is basically doing the same job as the Mexican guy outside of Home Depot.

omg what a masterful post you will do well here.

Clegg

You know transfer season is upon you when that plank from TalkSport "Moose", is linking your club to players.

Says we're going in for Ilkay, but only for £20m+.

Yen

lol, I purchase SMB3, don't even get to the download screen before the e-shop crashes, try to load it up again and I'm told it's under maintenance. So the payment went through but I don't know if it'll be in my download list. :(

bud

While there was no challenge in beating a crippled Barca team, that at this point was getting ready to get demolished by Frits and Hans, the reason he wanted to leave was love and to get away from the fragmented babies in Madrid.

Pep had to run away from the mess he had gotten himself into with the big bully Mourinho, realized there was nothing to gain anymore. He ran away like a wounded animal, afraid and with no idea what to do. In the meantime Bayern won everything with ease and to Peps luck their manager was leaving after the season. Pep now with the perfect opportunity to get a job in a not just two team league like La Liga, but a 1 team league like the krauts league, didn't have to think much about his next job destination.

More honorable a man like Mourinho decided to take on the mess that many incompetent managers had left behind, in a league more competitive than any. That there is more motivation in that should be a given, then there is really no reason to keep bothering an already broken man like Pep who just wanted exile long away from everyone, he is basically doing the same job as the Mexican guy outside of Home Depot.

are you the real roman

i thought you couldn't speak

bud

lol, I purchase SMB3, don't even get to the download screen before the e-shop crashes, try to load it up again and I'm told it's under maintenance. So the payment went through but I don't know if it'll be in my download list. :(

my ps3 crashed last night when starting up gt5.

lost all of my downloads.

Lightning

Banned
You paid £27.5m for Fellaini, you almost got Khedira for God knows how much and yet would only be willing to offer £20m+ for Gündogan? No way is that rumor real.
When you consider the crap money they tried to get Fabregas for seems pretty real to me.

Gundogan is Madrid bound anyway. Waste of time bidding.

Clegg

I think we're taking that mong's word a bit too seriously. Moose is a gobshite who's openly mocked by his fellow broadcasters. He's also a bullshitter.

Elchele

Wouldn't surprise me if Gundogan signs a contract extension in a few weeks/months. His injury surely is a huge step back in his intentions to leave to a bigger pay check.

Moving after an injury would put him in a very similar position to Sahin's move to RM.

I don't think Gundogan is "physical" enough for EPL.

Wes

venison crêpe
This is my first time venturing in here. I'm a Chelsea fan living in the US and yesterday's match was one of the first Chelsea matches I've seen this season. My impressions are that the striker situation must be absolutely dire. Eto'o just looked completely lost at times, not to mention botching two easy scoring chances. Midfield looked pretty good and we got another clean sheet, but it's pretty troubling that we didn't put Swansea away much, much earlier. We're going to have to play much, much better to get 3 points against Liverpool, and we can't miss golden chances to score goals.

I think it's pretty clear we need to get another striker during the transfer window though. I am curious to hear Chelsea-GAF's thoughts about the season so far and who you guys think we can sign next month. I found out I actually get the TV channel that the league games come on, so I plan on not missing any more this season. Anyway, hopefully you guys don't mind another Chelsea fan in here! :p

Welcome to the thread. More voices are always welcome.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Predictions for the last footballing weekend of 2013 then?

Tottenham 3 Vs 1 Stoke

lol

3 goals at home? Against Stoke?

I don't remember the last time we beat then at home. If we win it's going to be a nerve shredding 1-0.

L1NETT

Anyone here played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons?

YES It's fan bloody fan fucking tastic.

My top 6 (can't think of 10) GOTY nobody asked for

6) Metro last Light
5) Company of Heroes 2
4)AC IV
3) Brothers
2) Bioshock
1) TLOU

Sod GTA. And Papers Please. Both good, but not great.

Deus Ex on Wii U is fucking cool.

But then, the game on any system is cool :D

HR is amazing. If we don't get any more Deus Ex next gen, I'm gonna be so mad!

Linius

YES It's fan bloody fan fucking tastic.

My top 6 (can't think of 10) GOTY nobody asked for

6) Metro last Light
5) Company of Heroes 2
4)AC IV
3) Brothers
2) Bioshock
1) TLOU

Sod GTA. And Papers Please. Both good, but not great.

We didn't ask for this.

But what does one do in Brothers and how much hours could I pour into it? It's on sale at Xbox Live.

Also thinking about pulling the trigger on Ducktales: Remastered. My backlog am cry but I don't care.

Yen

Watching an interesting show where James Cracknell and Ben Fogle travel across the Omani desert with camels. Cracknell just fell off the camel and then tried to punch it in the face.

L1NETT

Brothers is super short Linius, took me a couple of hours (and a half) I think.

Brilliant though.

--

Interesting Ben Fogle is an oxymoron. The man is duller than Paint drying in slow motion.

Linius

pPvhuCu.jpg

By the way, put this sexy beast together today. Still have to play Bioshock though, but it looks awesome.

Elchele

linius pls. no.

Hannover fans are great:

Early returns on social media were overwhelmingly negative, with evaluations of the move ranging from “dumb decision” to “the worst decision you could make. While many fans took to the club’s Facebook page to announce themselves as “PRO-Slomka” and even suggesting it was Dufner and Kind who should have felt the cut of the axe, rather than the head coach.

Really stupid to fire Slomka, he's their best coach in the history of the club apparently. They are not even near relegation, just having a bad moment and lack of good players.

TeddyBoy

The end game of both of this January window and Summer window is getting quality players in, not 'squad' players or 'cover' players, something which I consistently hear Liverpool fan spout on either message boards, in real life or on social networks. It's not about getting 'cover' for Lucas/Sterling/Suarez/Whoever. It's about getting players who provide consistent quality throughout the squad, that's the only way will ever move up a level and we will get found out in Champions League with our limited squad if we qualify next year. We need to cut the weak links, we are on the verge of being a very good side if we do.

You say it's not about having squad or cover players, but for me, when I use the term, squad player, they're players who are premier league or even champions league quality, who could potentially be used, but aren't do to other players being form. Rodgers likes players who can play in a variety of positions, so far, he hasn't really signed anyone outside of defence who can only play in a single position as he likes to have an option to change a game without making three substitues at once.

I don't think Rodgers has ever bought a player with the sole task of having a place on the bench, it's just some players have become bench players do to other members of the team bring more consistent. Rodgers will probably only buy two players come January, the squad works and doesn't need a major overhaul, the issues of centre backs and central defensive midfielders will go on but won't be solved overnight and really don't need to be, the team is a good quality and small but controlled investment in January can help Liverpool achieve top four much more easily.

Rakitic and Salah both appear to be available for around £7/8 million, well within Liverpool's budget and appear to be good players in their leagues who can hopefully carry that quality across to the premier league if they make the switch.

Fry

i'm watching it, too. finished episode six earlier today. liking it quite a bit.

her sister rooney is definitely more attractive.

I just finished ep 5.

No way. I think Rooney is very hot but Kate is on another level. She manages to be cute and hot in a high level.

Yen

Gone Home is a great game. The hype is true. Buy it. Took me about 1h40m to finish it. Interesting story.
Fantastic game - though I bizarrely missed one of the plot points. Maybe my goty (which isn't saying much, I haven't bought many AAA games and don't own a ps3 for TLOU)

Top Bottom