• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

faridmon

when it comes to 00's début (for a band that you lot recognise :p) Not many can beat that Début album Franz Ferdinand. Bloody great album.

I think Giggs will start.

(for a band that you lot recognise :p) .

K0J6cYM.gif

But he's still your best player. Not his fault Mou has had his brains scrambled and doesn't play him.
Yeah he's up there but idk what warranted a random increase.

He did play well Thursday. Mou did bring out the best starting XI (besides Shito'o) against Swansea. Hopefully he tries that again and I want him to incorporate Schurrle in there somehow. Maybe as a centre forward and play without a striker.

GorillaJu

Is Ramires out for the game this weekend? I heard a rumor to that effect and it'd give me a real sigh of relief since he's always Chelsea's top performer when we play them.

Salazar

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus 11h
Manchester United target Everton Ribeiro not looking for January move:

Do me a favour. He's been bleating about wanting to come to us. That's like calling Bendtner a Barcelona target.

Lightning

Banned
Evenly poised test match. Australia need 231 for victory. I would say England have a slight advantage as Australia have a habit of choking these kind of chases.

Meier

Best debut albums and best new bands in general of the aughts = Arctic Monkeys and The Rifles. One underrated/mostly unknown album from that decade I recommend is Rogue Wave's "Asleep at Heaven's Gate." Give it a listen.

Carbonox

Early Bloc Party was god tier. Shame they went in the direction they did. Their last albums were some right tripe.

Lol. Newcastle's overwhelming desire for 8th spot is giving their fans false hope.

To oblivion we shall send you. Cabaye will refuse to play for you tossers again once the bids start rolling in. All over for Newcastle, no future for your cheap French rebels.

Dat deflection, an Arsenal staple every year since after 2005.

GorillaJu

My 10 favorite albums of the early 00s (really really hard to narrow it down as there's just so many good ones):

The Microphones - The Glow Pt 2
The Rapture - Echoes
The Books - The Lemon of Pink
Radiohead - Kid A
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Joanna Newsom - The Milk-Eyed Mender
Animal Collective - Here Comes the Indian
Mu - Afro Finger & Gel
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Modest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica

GQman2121

Banned
Just watched X-men First Class. Easily the best of the X films.

While the credits have rolled I've been reading the Giant Bomb GOTY thread, and been reminded of just how many losers, and legitimately sad people there are on the internet. I mean, seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some of these people?

GorillaJu

Sakho was fine he just had a few nervy moments where he lost his head and couldn't find a pass. I have no idea what a "good" rating in FIFA is but Sakho was excellent defensively in the game vs City.

How can someone "drop" in rating after stifling the best attacking team in the league, who went on 4, 5, 6 goal free scoring runs against the other top sides?

Just watched X-men First Class. Easily the best of the X films.

While the credits have rolled I've been reading the Giant Bomb GOTY thread, and been reminded of just how many losers, and legitimately sad people there are on the internet. I mean, seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some of these people?

it's a den of mouthbreathing, sexless nerds. what were you expecting?

Patrick was chatting some right shite in the Day 3 podcast tbf

'Papers Please is supposed to be a slog to play, therefore you can't criticise it for a lack of gameplay attraction'

Do one you nasal fuck. Brad also keeps throwing his toys out the pram.

Bought ACIV PS3 for £18.50 from work just now :D

tri_willy

Sakho was fine he just had a few nervy moments where he lost his head and couldn't find a pass. I have no idea what a "good" rating in FIFA is but Sakho was excellent defensively in the game vs City.

How can someone "drop" in rating after stifling the best attacking team in the league, who went on 4, 5, 6 goal free scoring runs against the other top sides?

i cant comprehend EA's logic. after all, some of their gameplay is still fucking shocking. not to mention that FIFA 14 is a half arsed game

GorillaJu

I wonder how soon we'll see a bid for Salah once the window opens. I'm excited for that one - like it's been said before, Liverpool haven't had proper wide talent in a long time, and Salah is just that.

Sterling will become that, and I don't think he deserves to be dropped after some of his work in the last few games where he's been much more than just a quick "get behind the defense" winger, but Salah will be ready to start games right away IMO.

I wonder how soon we'll see a bid for Salah once the window opens. I'm excited for that one - like it's been said before, Liverpool haven't had proper wide talent in a long time, and Salah is just that.

Sterling will become that, and I don't think he deserves to be dropped after some of his work in the last few games where he's been much more than just a quick "get behind the defense" winger, but Salah will be ready to start games right away IMO.

---------------------------Mignolet-------------------------------

Johnson----------Sakho-----Agger------------Flanagan

---------------------------Lucas----------------------------------
------------------------------------Henderson------------------

--------------------------Coutinho-------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------Salah-----------
------------Sterling----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------Suarez---------------------------

That could be so sexy

#forgivemeStevie
#sorrySturridge
#fuckoffMoses

ValuableAccurateClownanemonefish.gif

Feorax

From the rumours going round, it seems as though the fee has already been agreed for something in the region of £7 million. Bit like Sturridge when we had the deal done well before the new year.

Excited about playing Chelsea, feels just like it did before Spurs, although I'm certainly not expecting that kind of score. I'm interested to see how Mou sets up too, since the majority of teams that have parked the bus against us and tried to counter attack and grind for a 1-0 win have been quite effectively dismantled by our attack.

tri_willy

That could be so sexy

#forgivemeStevie
#sorrySturridge
#fuckoffMoses

stevie can replace the shit fucker johnson

GorillaJu

That is such a sick goal. Could watch it 100 times over.

The real difference is that Liverpool managed to turn Kompany and Lescott inside out - it's a bit different versus Norwich, and I have 5 other gifs to prove that point :lol

Still though, that Wilshere goal is goal of the season for me. Wish every week had something like that.

TeddyBoy

That could be so sexy

--------------Mignolet---------------
Johnson-Sakho-Skrtl-Flanagan
--------Allen--------Rakitic--------
--Salah---Coutinho----Suarez--
----------Strurridge------------

If we sign both Salah and Rakitic this could easily be our starting 11, I'm not totally convinced at Allen at CDM, but he suits our style of play more than Lucas and is much faster than Gerrard.

If we don't sign Rakitic then just replace him with Henderson, it'll be the same style of play and would cut through most teams in the premier league.

The most overrated type of goal is the one where a player runs almost unopposed from his own half with the ball and goes on to score, like Rodwell against Man Utd.

Top Bottom