• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salazar

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 1m
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer favourite for Cardiff job but we are hearing some very interesting names are keen, including Marcelo Bielsa.

Utter bollocks

Yen

--------------Mignolet---------------
Johnson-Sakho-Skrtl-Flanagan
--------Allen--------Rakitic--------
--Salah---Coutinho----Suarez--
----------Strurridge------------

If we sign both Salah and Rakitic this could easily be our starting 11, I'm not totally convinced at Allen at CDM, but he suits our style of play more than Lucas and is much faster than Gerrard.

If we don't sign Rakitic then just replace him with Henderson, it'll be the same style of play and would cut through most teams in the premier league.
I think Suarez is on too good a run of form to push him out wide, he's on target to score about 40 league goals! Maybe Sturridge would have to go wide, but then that was the reason he left Chelsea! 4222 would be the best bet I think.
--------Allen--------Hendo --------
--Salah------------------Coutinho---
------Strurridge----Suarez --------

L1NETT

That fucking Ben Arfa one where he just runs in a straight line.

The one against Bolton? I like that one.

A better example would be the Ravel Morrison one against Spurs where Michael Dawson looks like he's in a training drill floundering like the donkey he is.

That's just rubbish defending, and people were going nuts for that one.

LegoArmo

Gary Hooper seems like such an idiot for going to Norwich now, he'll be back playing in the Championship within a year or two instead of playing in the Champions League (admittedly finishing 4th in the group).

TeddyBoy

I think Suarez is on too good a run of form to push him out wide, he's on target to score about 40 league goals! Maybe Sturridge would have to go wide, but then that was the reason he left Chelsea! 4222 would be the best bet I think.
--------Allen--------Hendo --------
--Salah------------------Coutinho---
------Strurridge----Suarez --------

Having your players on too good a form to drop is never a bad thing ;)

I think potentially your formation would just as equally work, however our front four there can all play in any number of combinations. Whenever Suarez and Sturridge play, they don't stick to fixed positions and drop into other positions quite a lot, which I'm sure will continue once Sturridge is fit again.

Feorax

I think potentially your formation would just as equally work, however our front four there can all play in any number of combinations. Whenever Suarez and Sturridge play, they don't stick to fixed positions and drop into other positions quite a lot, which I'm sure will continue once Sturridge is fit again.

This is true. Over the last few games, Suarez has often found himself out wide, whilst Sterling has almost been an auxilliary centre forward at times, and it's worked to great effect. I have no doubt Suarez and Sturridge could do something similar in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

Some reports coning out that Montoya's contract negotiations have halted. Fully expect he'll have a deal in place to move by the end of Jan.

Speaking of mid 00s bands, I relistened to Silent Alarm by Bloc Party yesterday. So good, and so much wasted potential with the follow ups.
Silent Alarm and the b-sides before and just after it were brilliant.

Silent Alarm is probably one of my favourite albums.

Really not sure what happened after that.. :(

GorillaJu

Silent Alarm and the b-sides before and just after it were brilliant.

Silent Alarm is probably one of my favourite albums.

Really not sure what happened after that.. :(

What made Silent Alarm so great was the production, so after changing producers it was just never going to happen for BP again.

Christmas is never the happiest time of year for me and, as per usual, West Ham are doing little to help. Come on you fucking Irons, give me some god damned entertainment!

L1NETT

I like West Brom's attacking unit, but to be honest they look shoddy. Clarke dismissal is bemusing, especially as they evidently now how nobody lined up.

Pepe Mel deal telegraph reported on appears to be off.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
wow, they're playing again, just two days after the last matchday? that's crazy

gazza.jpg

Hixx

"Among the signings which angered Tan was Cornelius.
The 20-year-old striker left FC Copenhagen, where he earned £6,000 a week, to sign a five-year contract at Cardiff worth £45,000 a week."

lol

He will score today like.

WJD

Rumbles of RVP travelling and Rooney being out.

We're such a fucking mess this season. In pretty much every aspect.

Top Bottom