• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

L1NETT

It's borderline barbaric to do it the other way around.

When I do have tea, milk in first. Anything else is madness

But more of a coffee man myself. Carte Noire instant is gold.

--

Carbo is bang on, Chelsea vs Pool is gonna be mega dull. Arsenal Toon will be much much better. Expecting a 4-4 like a few years back :)

Didn't see the game, but heard we were shit. United only had six shots against Norwich too. Lack of creativity is a definite problem. Can only hope Moyes finds a good cm in the window.
The first half was woeful.

Second half we opened them up a bit more, Welbeck provided added threat through the middle.

I think we've been alright for chances lately though. We've scored 3 in 3 of the last few games and getting the ball into dangerous areas. As ever the threat comes from the wings.

I'm more worried about the defence right now. We look so exposed.

It's certain in my mind. I don't see him renewing. Can't see us selling to Chelsea. Not sure what will happen with him but I don't see him staying. Of course he changes his mind on a whim so maybe he will end up renewing.

Personally want him gone.

Glazer hasn't been seen in public for about 6 years I think. Fuck knows if he's alive. Not sure he even owns any of the stake anymore, think it's all split up between the sons but i need to check that.

Not been up to speed on the debt situation for a while now but I think the interest is about £30m a year and we will probably turn profit close to £100m over the next 12 months.

I don't understand you guys sometimes. Its like you care more about being proved right than you do about your team doing well.

If Young scores a good, important goal, you care more about slagging him off than you do celebrating the goal. And now, when Rooney is the difference between a mediocre season and a disastrous one, you care more about getting rid of him for his past indiscretions than you do about safeguarding your future by keeping him.

pulga is spot on tbh.

Fry

Bane: I want Liverpool to win

image.php

GorillaJu

I don't understand you guys sometimes. Its like you care more about being proved right than you do about your team doing well.

If Young scores a good, important goal, you care more about slagging him off than you do celebrating the goal. And now, when Rooney is the difference between a mediocre season and a disastrous one, you care more about getting rid of him for his past indiscretions than you do about safeguarding your future by keeping him.

pulga is spot on tbh.

It's the mentality fans of teams with lots of money will always take, because they'll know that a chunk of cash can replace him with someone equal/better, so its no big loss.

pulga is spot on tbh.
I don't care about being right.

He's already proved me wrong by having the season he is having, and working incredibly hard and leading by example.

I don't enjoy watching him play. He scored that volley and I was glad he scored but I didn't get much from it beyond relief.

It's no fun having him around for me anymore.

And I still think he will go downhill fast in his 30's too.

I know that feel bro. :( Nothing people can say will really help, just takes time.

But that won't stop us trying anyway. :p Here:

chelsea-champions-of-europe.jpg

Sorry to hear that, dude. Breaking up with someone is balls. Even if the relationship has dulled over time, it still stings like hell.
Thanks. :)

Still not 100% certain but she's coming over later to "talk". She's been acting really depressed for a while and has constantly been telling me it's not my fault, so we'll see. We don't live close to each other so I don't know why she would come just to break up.

Clegg

Not sure we have too many other options right now. Sat him out today and got away with it but we really so need him against Spurs.

Obviously a risk but one worth taking IMO.

The first half was woeful.

Second half we opened them up a bit more, Welbeck provided added threat through the middle.

I think we've been alright for chances lately though. We've scored 3 in 3 of the last few games and getting the ball into dangerous areas. As ever the threat comes from the wings.

I'm more worried about the defence right now. We look so exposed.
With RVP still out we need Rooney to be the main man and he's handled that role rather brilliantly. And yeah, we do need him to play against Spurs, but he's been vital to the team that I worry an injury against them could cost us in the long run.

Glad to hear we opened than up a bit more. But like you say, the threat comes more from out wide rather than through the middle. We need more variety in our game. And also a midfielder who knows when to defend as only Carrick and Jones really know how to do that. What was the matter with the defence? Another cling on for dear life job where the oppo could've scored a few?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Looking at the UEFA league coefficient table and noticed that Belgium are 10th. Huh. I don't think I could name 5 Belgian teams without struggling. 10 would be impossible.

Got me thinking - how well known are the smaller teams in these leagues. Could you guys name 5 or 10 Scottish teams? Swedish?

GorillaJu

Thanks. :)

Still not 100% certain but she's coming over later to "talk". She's been acting really depressed for a while and has constantly been telling me it's not my fault, so we'll see. We don't live close to each other so I don't know why she would come just to break up.

Just be prepared for the worst, sounds like it might be time to call it regardless, judging from your description. She might be saying it's not your fault just to make you feel better, but she's right - 99% chance something's going on in her head/her life that's caused her to lose interest and that happens so don't be hard on yourself.

Salvadora

You don't enjoy watching Rooney play, Viva? Absolute madness.

His behaviour is one thing, but what he does on the Football pitch is sublime. He's your best player. Hitch is dead on, Pulga was right.

Splatt

Looking at the UEFA league coefficient table and noticed that Belgium are 10th. Huh. I don't think I could name 5 Belgian teams without struggling. 10 would be impossible.

Got me thinking - how well known are the smaller teams in these leagues. Could you guys name 5 or 10 Scottish teams? Swedish?

Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock, Hearts and uhhh... that's all I've got.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

His behaviour is one thing, but what he does on the Football pitch is sublime. He's your best player. Hitch is dead on, Pulga was right.
Imagine a Wayne Rooney playing for a team he cares about with a strict diet and training routine. He'd be this generation's Pele.

GorillaJu

Scottish:

Rangers
Celtic
Hearts
Dundee United
Aberdeen
Motherwell

Swedish:

Malmo
Goteborg

That's all I got :(

Just be prepared for the worst, sounds like it might be time to call it regardless, judging from your description. She might be saying it's not your fault just to make you feel better, but she's right - 99% chance something's going on in her head/her life that's caused her to lose interest and that happens so don't be hard on yourself.
Yeah you're probably right. I'll be fine, just sucks having it end now while school is off so I don't have much to occupy my time with.

A Chelsea win tomorrow will help out though. :p

Clegg

I get what Viva is saying. It's hard to enjoy watching Rooney play when you know he was doing everything he could to leave the club just a few months ago.

Pulga was right about nothing. He though we should be grateful towards that prick because he was playing for us. Completely ignoring the fact that he wanted to leave. Fuck that.

Appreciating his ability and talent is different.

Hernandez isn't a great player, countless forwards better than him but I love having him play for us cos I feel like I can support him and relish his performances.

Rooney might play well but he isn't interested in sticking around. He's already tried to lead for our rivals, lied about it, spend a summer pussy footying about.

I appreciate what he's done for the club but no I don't enjoy watching him anymore cos as fans we'll just end up getting burned. Part of supporting the club is placing an investment into it - with Rooney there are no returns anymore, for me.

Pulga doesn't even understand the above point. His argument is that Rooney is good so we should cherish him. That's fine - but that's not how a lot of fans minds' work.

Would you take RVP back for example? I doubt it.

Carbonox

Zlatan City
Ibrahimovic United
Larsson Tigers
FC Stockholm
Liseberg

Walshy

It's certain in my mind. I don't see him renewing. Can't see us selling to Chelsea. Not sure what will happen with him but I don't see him staying. Of course he changes his mind on a whim so maybe he will end up renewing.

Personally want him gone.

Glazer hasn't been seen in public for about 6 years I think. Fuck knows if he's alive. Not sure he even owns any of the stake anymore, think it's all split up between the sons but i need to check that.

Not been up to speed on the debt situation for a while now but I think the interest is about £30m a year and we will probably turn profit close to £100m over the next 12 months.
I think you will try to sell him to Madrid if you are getting rid, highly unlikely that you'll sell him to any English team. I can see why you would want him gone but he's carrying your team this season, as Hitch said, it would probably make more sense to try and sell Kagawa.

Yeah, just checked he's 85. He hasn't been sighted for a while , maybe he's bed-bound or just a social recluse. Either way it's a bit strange that there is no photo of him in about seven years.

The debt thing is interesting though, because even if you don't make Champions League you are saved by the vast amount of sponsorship that you have. You made £117.6m in 2011/12. Thats a crazy number.

Yeah you're probably right. I'll be fine, just sucks having it end now while school is off so I don't have much to occupy my time with.

A Chelsea win tomorrow will help out though. :p

Get FIFA 14, a PS4, and you can digitally molest me while I figure out what the fuck I'm doing with the game. Might make you feel better :p

isnt that johnny depps character in the lone ranger? hes real omg

Has an actor ever willingly sacrificed their professional reputation and career to the extent that Depp has? Could have been up there with Bale and DiCaprio if he wasn't such a bum-buddy with Burton

MGS3 is one of the GOATs

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I hope that's a joke.
He genuinely must have some insane amount of innate talent, that if nurtured by being born in Portugal like Ronaldo or abducted from his parents and smuggled into the Barcelona training academy like Messi probably would have turned into something very special.

Just look at how good he is now, despite being fat as fuck, shagging grannies, etc.

Imagine his coaching as a kid in an English school with their 'direct' power play with zero emphasis on technical skill. Yet look at him.

Someone needs to clone him and try this or something.

Hixx

This is why I hate these cunts. Go to Everton and beat them, the first team to do so in the entire year.

Go to shithouse Cardiff and roll over.

They are a fucking disgrace.

He genuinely must have some insane amount of innate talent, that if nurtured by being born in Portugal like Ronaldo or abducted from his parents and smuggled into the Barcelona training academy like Messi probably would have turned into something very special.

Just look at how good he is now, despite being fat as fuck, shagging grannies, etc.

Imagine his coaching as a kid in an English school with their 'direct' power play with zero emphasis on technical skill. Yet look at him.

He's been surrounded by top class youth coaches and physios since the age of about 10. Any fitness issues are self-inflicted and would have been present no matter where his career began.

Yen

I'm not sure how sex with pensioners affects footballing ability, though I don't doubt that he is not as fit as he should be.

Labadal

This Sunderland performance is the worst I have seen this season. Awful play and completely uninspired. I'd pull my hair out if I supported this team.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The defending from Sunderland was so bad on the second goal. Sunday league stuff.

I swear I've never heard of some of these defenders before.

Fabio Borini has collapsed and been taken to hospital :/

Hope he's OK. Having to play with Diakite would make anyone feel sick.

Salvadora

Appreciating his ability and talent is different.

Hernandez isn't a great player, countless forwards better than him but I love having him play for us cos I feel like I can support him and relish his performances.

Rooney might play well but he isn't interested in sticking around. He's already tried to lead for our rivals, lied about it, spend a summer pussy footying about.

I appreciate what he's done for the club but no I don't enjoy watching him anymore cos as fans we'll just end up getting burned. Part of supporting the club is placing an investment into it - with Rooney there are no returns anymore, for me.

Pulga doesn't even understand the above point. His argument is that Rooney is good so we should cherish him. That's fine - but that's not how a lot of fans minds' work. If I'm remembering correctly, the whole affair was done though the papers and SAF making it public.

Would you take RVP back for example? I doubt it.
I guess maybe an Arsenal fan gives me a different perspective.

Cesc wanted out for a long, long time but I enjoyed him immensely during his time at the club. Just think your opinion is as mental as Sleepless Nights saying that he didn't enjoy watching Suarez

Top Bottom