• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So is Gandalf really a mage or just a giant walking fucking lamp?

That's all he does with his stick really.

Suen

Your best players ain't Neymar though.

And your team doesn't play possession football.
Villareal is very much like Madrid in the sense that they can counter and push very fast. I haven't seen them play possession football even once this season.

Serves you right that Villareal scored a goal. Now another one and we're all good but I suspect Barca will get another pen. The ref is programmed to give them it.

Suen

We set up correctly imo. Sloppy defensive errors were our undoing not anything special that City did despite their excellent finishing. We could have easily scored 6 goals in that game and constant defending was what cost us against Napoli until they scored. Odds are City would have scored anyway if we just defended and our attack would have been non existent.

Unlike Spurs, who after the first 10 minutes never looked like scoring or challenging City we were a lot more threatening. Flamini had a poor game, Wilshere had a poor game and Kos and Monreal had nightmares. If Arteta played today he would have gotten a red card, game too fast paced for Arteta.

Podolski and Gibbs back in for Chelsea. Kos injured so Vermaelen and keep the same team for Chelsea and go again for me.

I'm very proud of the effort we put in. You could see how exhausted we were in the 80th minute. The team gave their all, a few players were disappointing, but it's all one can ask. You look at the effort our players put into that game and compare it to Napoli game? No comparison for me. On another night, we win today with different defending, against Napoli we lose much more than we win as we didn't look like scoring.
looooool you deluded monkey, how can you even be remotely proud of the effort we put in? Comparing how we did to other teams who played against City at home doesn't say much because of how bad those teams played.

Wilshere - Was absolutely horrendous, he put in some nice balls in to Giroud but more often than not you'd find the fucking turd lying on the ground and complaining about the ref's decisions instead of keeping his fat mouth shut and tracking back. I get it, the ref was a fucking cunt who surely affected the results to some extent but no play should fuck it up for the rest of the team

Özil - Did he even play? What the fuck did he do except being a vile cunt after the game was over?

Giroud - A pregnant woman is faster at giving birth than what Giroud is at connecting with the build-up play from our midfield. Let's not forget that he's also worse than Higuain at finishing. Truly an average striker who just had a good start in the season. We've needed a new striker since summer.

Koscielny - nothing short of shit in this game. What was he doing when they scored the first goal? Did he understand that we were playing a game?

Flamini - Couldn't hold up the defensive midfield which just put more pressure on our defense which was already shit from the start, god knows what those four were doing, especially Kos and Monreal in particular.

If Giroud had scored three goals or if our defense actually tried to fucking defend then we could have been proud of our effort. This is a defense that has been very solid for a while now and the dicks just decided to bottle it in this game. The Napoli victory wasn't enough of a wake-up call.

Yet we are supposed to be proud of our effort? looool someone shoot me already.

FootballFan

Neymar-Messi-Bale would be terrifying

Alexis is good, really good this season.

Can't wait for GOAT to return.

Less Cesc at false 9 pls. Alexis, Messi, Tello, Neymar, Pedro should be the only players that play in the front 3. Not Iniesta on the wing or Cesc in false 9.

Lightning

Banned
looooool you deluded monkey, how can you even be remotely proud of the effort we put in? Comparing how we did to other teams who played against City at home doesn't say much because of how bad those teams played.

Wilshere - Was absolutely horrendous, he put in some nice balls in to Giroud but more often than not you'd find the fucking turd lying on the ground and complaining about the ref's decisions instead of keeping his fat mouth shut and tracking back. I get it, the ref was a fucking cunt who surely affected the results to some extent but no play should fuck it up for the rest of the team

Özil - Did he even play? What the fuck did he do except being a vile cunt after the game was over?

Giroud - A pregnant woman is faster at giving birth than what Giroud is at connecting with the build-up play from our midfield. Let's not forget that he's also worse than Higuain at finishing. Truly an average striker who just had a good start in the season. We've needed a new striker since summer.

Koscielny - nothing short of shit in this game. What was he doing when they scored the first goal? Did he understand that we were playing a game?

Flamini - Couldn't hold up the defensive midfield which just put more pressure on our defense which was already shit from the start, god knows what those four were doing, especially Kos and Monreal in particular.

If Giroud had scored three goals or if our defense actually tried to fucking defend then we could have been proud of our effort. This is a defense that has been very solid for a while now and the dicks just decided to bottle it in this game. The Napoli victory wasn't enough of a wake-up call.

Yet we are supposed to be proud of our effort? looool someone shoot me already.
Way too much bitterness in that mess. Go lie down.

TeegsD

uh, we just got awarded a penalty. Not sure why. There might've been a push but Cedric was already out of bounds and no way he'd get to the ball. Ill take it...

SPORTING!!!

1-0!!

bjaelke

GAF can get stuffed.

Way too much bitterness in that mess.

rouebXG.gif

Yager

Banned
I'm glad to see that they finally remembered that in order to play football, besides passing the ball, you have to FUCKING RUN.

Razor554

Good win. Should have scored some more goals tho with these changes.

The only league game left for this year is vs Getafe and after that we should have Valdes, Alves and Messi back.

Top Bottom