• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

jtb

Banned
yeah, I'm surprised Wenger didn't set up the team like he did at Old Trafford or against Dortmund—quite open game today, I thought. For as much as Wenger criticized the team for not really "playing" at Old Trafford until the second half, I thought we actually did a good job of being defensively solid. Yes, conceded in the first half on the corner, but that was really the only chance either team had—and there's no doubt that scoring the goal allowed United to drop back rather than continue pressing forward, so maybe Wenger took the wrong lesson there.

At the end of the day, it's a blow, but it doesn't really matter what the scoreline is—either you get points or you don't. For all the midfield talent we have, central midfield is still a pretty big problem. Ramsey's been able to fill in for Arteta (who was never more than a stopgap anyways), now we need a really quality signing to step in for Flamini. Think it's about time Giroud gets dropped, too. Thought it was very interesting to see Walcott playing on the left—I don't know why it's taken this long for Wenger to do something like that. It worked really well. Walcott on the left, Podolski on the right; could be a pretty dangerous, pacy counterattacking set-up.

simples

Banned
ku-xlarge.gif

what a spoiled brat, united dodged a bullet with him

moyes knows best

Baki

yeah, I'm surprised Wenger didn't set up the team like he did at Old Trafford or against Dortmund—quite open game today, I thought. For as much as Wenger criticized the team for not really "playing" at Old Trafford until the second half, I thought we actually did a good job of being defensively solid. Yes, conceded in the first half on the corner, but that was really the only chance either team had—and there's no doubt that scoring the goal allowed United to drop back rather than continue pressing forward, so maybe Wenger took the wrong lesson there.

At the end of the day, it's a blow, but it doesn't really matter what the scoreline is—either you get points or you don't. For all the midfield talent we have, central midfield is still a pretty big problem. Ramsey's been able to fill in for Arteta (who was never more than a stopgap anyways), now we need a really quality signing to step in for Flamini. Think it's about time Giroud gets dropped, too. Thought it was very interesting to see Walcott playing on the left—I don't know why it's taken this long for Wenger to do something like that. It worked really well. Walcott on the left, Podolski on the right; could be a pretty dangerous, pacy counterattacking set-up.

Yeah it was an open game. Wenger wanted it to be.

Carbonox

Happy with a point against a team like Southampton. Should have won so fuck Remy but can't be unhappy with it otherwise, especially without Cabaye.

This is the sort of match we could have very easily lost last season.

Now for Spurs to lose against Liverpool so we can stick in the top 6 for a week longer. Confident about our game against Crystal Palace despite their improvement lately. I just want to see that shit cunt Tony Pulis suffer.

Kyoufu

We need some strikers in January. Remy has turned into Wilbury's flaccid penis and Shola/Cisse don't know they are supposed to be scoring goals.

Please buy a striker or two. PLEEEEEEEEASE.

Suen

loooooool fucking Barca cunt. Sure that was as intentional as it could be eh. Fucking shit team, always having a pen to help them.

Suen

It's not like you can find a better/adequate replacement for Ancelloti if you fire him.

Unless you entice Conte with a lifetime supply of wigs.
We should bring back Jupp from retirement :/

Ancelotti has a hidden rule where very third match is the match he becomes an idiot in.

simples

Banned
arsenal PR squad caught bug eyes

crocodile tears incoming

Ozil's Facebook said:
Sorry I didn't thank the fans at the end of the game!

You have been brilliant to me and I know you had travelled a long way and spent your money to support us. I was upset with the result and know I should have come to you to say 'thank you' and I know it is a big Arsenal tradition win, lose or draw.

Lightning

Banned
We set up correctly imo. Sloppy defensive errors were our undoing not anything special that City did despite their excellent finishing. We could have easily scored 6 goals in that game and constant defending was what cost us against Napoli until they scored. Odds are City would have scored anyway if we just defended and our attack would have been non existent.

Unlike Spurs, who after the first 10 minutes never looked like scoring or challenging City we were a lot more threatening. Flamini had a poor game, Wilshere had a poor game and Kos and Monreal had nightmares. If Arteta played today he would have gotten a red card, game too fast paced for Arteta.

Podolski and Gibbs back in for Chelsea. Kos injured so Vermaelen and keep the same team for Chelsea and go again for me.

I'm very proud of the effort we put in. You could see how exhausted we were in the 80th minute. The team gave their all, a few players were disappointing, but it's all one can ask. You look at the effort our players put into that game and compare it to Napoli game? No comparison for me. On another night, we win today with different defending, against Napoli we lose much more than we win as we didn't look like scoring.

Suen

Anyone who thinks Ramos is close to world class is a tit of the highest order.

Shame Palace couldn't get something, but expect Arsenal to beat Chelsea next week. They look thoroughly unremarkable

<3 Mertesacker, one of my favourite non-Liverpool players
He was good before but has progressively gotten worse since the beginning of last season. The only thing he does these days is just to bring in those reds but to be fair he didn't deserve the yellow cards in this game. Half of the people who laughed at him in the latest pages didn't even see the game. Someone Barcelona had clearly given that ref a nice cash package. Robbed from a pen + yellow bullshits among other things.

Suen

wtf ref. What a time to blow for halftime. When we are in Villarreals box lol.

Dat Bwin bribery.
You paid him to do that as well so it wouldn't look like that he's giving you guys favor like that earlier pen. We know Barca's tactics.

Damn Villareal, they need to push more. Why do all these teams just die from minute 0 when they come to Camp Nou? Fucking pussies.

FootballFan

You paid him to do that as well so it wouldn't look like that he's giving you guys favor like that earlier pen. We know Barca's tactics.

Damn Villareal, they need to push more. Why do all these teams just die from minute 0 when they come to Camp Nou? Fucking pussies.

When you are playing against players like Neymar and Alexis, you don't have time to push, just gotta park dat bus and pray.

Linius

Anyone else watching the Club World Cup?

That must be one of the most boring tourneys in club football. Shitty club from some continent vs. another shitty club from some other continent. To end with the CL winner winning the tournament nine out of ten times :p

Linius

^Wrong.

Bayern is gonna trash whatever team they'll face. It is that Chelsea was a big fuck up but the five years before that the CL winner won this tournament. The European clubs are just stronger than those other clubs. If it's not Europe, it's South America :p

Stoke have been on Sky like 5 times this season, and it feels like there's been about 3 goals

Who the fuck is behind these Beats adverts? genuinely makes me sad that there are millions of stupid little cunts who will be buying them

Not even my local game shop is selling Bravely Default, let alone Sainsbury's :(

FootballFan

Stoke have been on Sky like 5 times this season, and it feels like there's been about 3 goals

Who the fuck is behind these Beats adverts? genuinely makes me sad that there are millions of stupid little cunts who will be buying them

Not even my local game shop is selling Bravely Default, let alone Sainsbury's :(

Hitcher pls.

Anyone have that GIF of that supporter who points the finger(I think) while sturridge is doing his amazing dance.

Top Bottom