• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

sohois

Absolute disgrace in the end.

Anyway, Liverpool were much improved in the second half and had the better of it, though didn't create great chances. Should have had 2 pens though. Rodgers clearly made a mistake bringing Smith on. Why play him out of position though? He's a LB, meanwhile you have a CB at LB. Stupid move when Cissokho and Alberto were both available.

operon

Liverpool have had two games of very bad decisions, but it's not a mass conspiracy. There's a reason Liverpool fans are famous for their grand self-delusion, and it extends beyond just excuses for why they haven't won the league again. A few bad decisions aren't proof of anything, because a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
yourself and usho can save thus crap for yourselves

Splatt

Liverpool have had two games of very bad decisions, but it's not a mass conspiracy. There's a reason Liverpool fans are famous for their grand self-delusion, and it extends beyond just excuses for why they haven't won the league again. A few bad decisions aren't proof of anything, because a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

fkwp.png

justjohn

Well done boys. We're quietly going about our business with no fanfare and that's how I like it.

Also seem to be playing like mourinho teams of old.

Super win. So chuffed.

That Eto'o challenge is a weird one. It's such a stupid tackle to put in. That said, Dave is well away with the ball and I can't see how Suarez has much hope of getting on to it.

Think we had a decent penalty shout turned down too.

Mastadon

Banned

If you read the thread, the only person saying that it's a conspiracy isn't a Liverpool fan. It's substandard officiating that has hurt us in two huge games, nothing more.

Yen

Super win. So chuffed.

That Eto'o challenge is a weird one. It's such a stupid tackle to put in. That said, Dave is well away with the ball and I can't see how Suarez has much hope of getting on to it.

Think we had a decent penalty shout turned down too.
I don't see why that would come into it.

Walshy

Poor officiating.
Poor squad depth.
Poor performances again from Johnson, Skrtel and Lucas.
More mistakes from Mignolet.
Injuries to Allen and Sakho.
Adding to wins from United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Everton this weekend.

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong today.

GorillaJu

No one believes there's a conspiracy, at least not here. But it's clear that the standard of refereeing is below where it should be, and of course absent any "anti-Liverpool conspiracy" we were robbed twice of very important draws by abysmal officiating.

I feel for the players and their frustrations. Fucking crock of shit, and there's not a damn thing that can be done about it.

H13

Hmm a win nevertheless, a great performance in the first half, but in was decent in the second half,
Hope to keep the first half performance throughout the season

flyover

Just rewatched the first few minutes. Chelsea really should've been down to 10 men for the last 88 minutes. That Eto'o challenge was idiotic.

Super win. So chuffed.

All the decisions that have gone Liverpool's way over the years against us including the biting at Anfield in the last match and Suarez scored an equaliser afterwards I'm finding it hard to muster any sympathy them.

Good win and I thought we deserved it.

Don't know how Oscar gets booked and not Lucas considering he tried to attack him, I hope the FA retrospectively deal with it, regardless of whats gone on you can't do that.

L1NETT

Before you all jump on and call the FA a corrupt bunch of cunts, is it bad officiating which meant that sterling spooned golden chances against City, is it bad refs which meant that Strkl defended badly for the goals? Is it bad refs which made your midfield be dominated by Chelsea. Did Howard Webb make Brad Smith come on?

I wanted pool to win, and those decisions are terrible I agree. But to say football is not about who is better anymore is fucking delusional.

Liverpool should have had 2 points, maybe more out of the last 2 games but there is more wrong than rubbish refs.

And what? I said it was a bad decision.

If you read the thread, the only person saying that it's a conspiracy isn't a Liverpool fan. It's substandard officiating that has hurt us in two huge games, nothing more.

No one believes there's a conspiracy, at least not here..

You don't have to literally use the words "I think it's a conspiracy" for that to be clearly what you're actually saying.

GorillaJu

That oscar challenge looked red to me? Even though contact wasn't there thought those kinda tackles were a no-go? + intent, etc

Two-footed, late, but who gives a fuck?

God I'm just fuming right now and clearly need to hit the sack. Don't wanna be around guys celebrating a daft and undeserved win like this.

Mastadon

Banned
Can people please show me where we are saying this is a conspiracy?! Seems like an awful lot of people are putting words into our mouths.

Suarez and Coutinho were shite btw. Need a response against Hull or we're out of it.

I know it was his debut, but that Smith performance was dismal. Every touch got away from him. Bad decision to bring him on, especially out of position.

Yen

Before you all jump on and call the FA a corrupt bunch of cunts, is it bad officiating which meant that sterling spooned golden chances against City, is it bad refs which meant that Strkl defended badly for the goals? Is it bad refs which made your midfield be dominated by Chelsea. Did Howard Webb make Brad Smith come on?
Bloody hell, that does not excuse poor officiating.
And who is talking about corruption or conspiracies?

subtles

I'm sorry guys, Suarez hasn't scored since I added him to my FPL.

This week has been awful to say the least, and to top it off the squad seems to be decimated by injuries atm.

Walshy

Suarez and Coutinho were shite btw. Need a response against Hull or we're out of it.

I know it was his debut, but that Smith performance was dismal. Every touch got away from him. Bad decision to bring him on, especially out of position.
Yep.

We need to get some consistency back.

GorillaJu

Notice how Suarez only scores against weak opposition.

Notice how he gets no service against strong teams? He had one shot on target the whole game and it was a great one that unfortunately went straight at Cech. Every other time he had the ball, he was fouled. Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta all took turns getting yellows fouling Suarez off the ball.

What Chelsea did do well is stifle our midfield so Suarez never had the ball coming into his path/zone.

But this result and the City result are not an indication of Suarez's lack of quality, it's our midfield's lack of grit and composure to carve out opportunities for him to attack. He was feeding off scraps.

GQman2121

Banned
Love the result. Not sure I'll be sober enough for the Ravens game, but I'm elated to come away with the win here. We are a good side and I couldn't be happier with Mikel and Luiz.

When we have to shift Flamini to left back as he's our only defensive option and consistently bring on Bendtner in hopes of getting a goal, and Liverpool have to bring on #44 as their first sub, it really does smart, the embarrassment of riches Chelsea and the big evil in the north have been able to keep happy on the bench.

Hell, I'm already worried about keeping the players we have on the bench (Wilshere, Arteta, Monreal, and Rosicky) happy with their roles, and they have genuine emotional ties to the club, for the most part.

Two-footed, late, but who gives a fuck?

God I'm just fuming right now and clearly need to hit the sack. Don't wanna be around guys celebrating a daft and undeserved win like this.

Undeserved? We were all over you after your scored. You mustered one header which hit the bar, you offered very little in attack. Couldn't handle Hazard and Willian who were like steam trains down the wings.

All the decisions that have gone Liverpool's way over the years against us including the biting at Anfield in the last match and Suarez scored an equaliser afterwards I'm finding it hard to muster any sympathy them.

Good win and I thought we deserved it.

Don't know how Oscar gets booked and not Lucas considering he tried to attack him, I hope the FA retrospectively deal with it, regardless of whats gone on you can't do that.

Oh fuck off with that last point

If there's any justice Lucas will get a retrospective booking and Oscar given a 3 match ban.

I'm not sure what the relevance is of pointing out missed chances and the like when discussing game-changing refereeing decisions

L1NETT

Nah. Liverpool are still one of the best teams in the league and still got a massive shout for top 3 and better.

You were super competitive and should have drawn against both (arguably) of the top teams in the country.

Far from out of it. Get a couple of quality reinforcements and you are well back into it.

GorillaJu

Undeserved? We were all over you after your scored. You mustered one header which hit the bar, you offered very little in attack. Couldn't handle Hazard and Willian who were like steam trains down the wings.

You were gifted 3 points by the referee. End of, really. Willian and Hazard were excellent in the first half taking the ball out through the midfield, but we should have had at least one penalty and Eto'o should have been off at the start.

Salvadora

Was that a red card offence for Eto'o at the start? I don't think so.
When we have to shift Flamini to left back as he's our only defensive option and consistently bring on Bendtner in hopes of getting a goal, and Liverpool have to bring on #44 as their first sub, it really does smart, the embarrassment of riches Chelsea and the big evil in the north have been able to keep happy on the bench.

Hell, I'm already worried about keeping the players we have on the bench (Wilshere, Arteta, Monreal, and Rosicky) happy with their roles, and they have genuine emotional ties to the club, for the most part.
Bags of money will make anyone happy to sit on the bench.

PaulLFC

If Mignolet had wrists that weren't made of marshmallow maybe the decisions ( that every team has to endure during the season ) wouldn't matter so much.
Shouldn't something be done about the standard of officiating as a whole instead of people saying "well, everyone has to put up with the same shit standard, so it's fine"?

The fact that Webb is seen as the best ref we have just shows the embarrassing standard of officiating we have to put up with.

Top Bottom