• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salvadora

The Chelsea result would make me angrier if I didn't think they would lose to some of the lesser teams in the league.

Still, Liverpool could've made this a perfect day for Arsenal.

faridmon

Why do Chelsea have to play dirty? First the two tackles on Arteta and now Oscars tackle on Lucas, could have chopped his leg off.

Sorry Chelsea-GAF, but its really hard to like your team at the team. That is not bloody football.

TeddyBoy

Poor officiating.
Poor squad depth.
Poor performances again from Johnson, Skrtel and Lucas.
More mistakes from Mignolet.
Injuries to Allen and Sakho.
Adding to wins from United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Everton this weekend.

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong today.

Howard Webb supports Man United, oh course he hates a Liverpool.
Destroyed by injuries to a relatively thin squad, we'll be better once Sturridge returns,
Mignolet got a good hand to the ball, it just span back into the net. On another day it would of gone out.
Allen being injured is bad news for us, Sakho we can deal with.
Yeah everyone else won hurt us this weekend :/

Football is not about who's the best anymore.

Didn't United win the league last season anyway?

Fucking joke.

United haven't had the best squad in the league for years, it's why Moyes is having a hard time. Fergie himself earned united countless points over the years (also happened to get away with criticising the refs).

Disappointed with the loss, but Chelsea won the game with the first half. If Eto had been sent off or we had that penalty though, it would of been a different story.

Splatt

I really don't like Lucas' role in this team. He doesn't control our play, and he doesn;t shield the back 4 either because he's played 10 yards too far forward

As much as he's improved since his first days, he's just too slow and really not that good with the ball to play as a top DM.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This post is from Wilbury. Posting it does not mean I endorse it.

Fry please stop posting for seven minutes so I can regain my lung capacity because it is out of air. I cannot stop laughing. I just cannot.

"Football isn't about the best team winning." What is it about, making sure that Liverpool win everything?

"Didn't United win last year?" because we were the best team

"are you a blind cunt" - this one i will let go

Morsel, please stop saying undeserved you sound like Xavi

I've dribbled mangoade all down my shirt because of you cunts

OVER AND OUT

GorillaJu

Reading here it's almost like we weren't the better team on the day. It's almost like we didn't have a perfectly good penalty shout turned down ourselves.

Hazard throwing his leg out then falling over was a good penalty shout?

You were the better team in the first half, I think we may have had the second half, we certainly had more of the ball and created the better chances, but I'd wager it was more or less even in the second 45'.

But this same argument comes up all the time and the answer is the same. The better team "overall" winning doesn't excuse poor officiating. It just doesn't.

rvy

Banned
Why do Chelsea have to play dirty? First the two tackles on Arteta and now Oscars tackle on Lucas, could have chopped his leg off.

Sorry Chelsea-GAF, but its really hard to like your team at the team. That is not bloody football.

tumblr_lemx5qH8mh1qf55n8o1_400.gif

sohois

Reading here it's almost like we weren't the better team on the day. It's almost like we didn't have a perfectly good penalty shout turned down ourselves.

It's irrelevant, you didn't score more than 2. No one was complaining about the City result because Liverpool played better, it was only about the bad decision.

L1NETT

Howard Webb supports Man United, oh course he hates a Liverpool.

I would love it if he actually did support United, would be a twist (or not perhaps). Sadly, he supports a far more scummy club with a fat cunt for a manager.

---

I miss you Wilbz. Come home soon.

I hope Celtic get folded and Glasgow falls into a sinkhole so Sky stop trying to make anyone give a shit about your donkey league

Pahahaahah amazing

No way did we deserve anything over the full 90, but we could and should have had a penalty but for an incompetent seventh cunt of a seventh cunt. I don't believe there's any concious effort to screw us, the officiating is just terrible but don't say anything they have feelings too.

Brendan pls buy all of the full-backs. And a DM. And Salah. Not asking much am I?

Mourinho is an incredible troll. His team's fans must love how much he can wind up opposition teams.

If you read the thread, the only person saying that it's a conspiracy isn't a Liverpool fan. It's substandard officiating that has hurt us in two huge games, nothing more.

You're actually totally right, I was getting confused between this forum and another! I apologise - I was indeed wrong!

TeddyBoy

I would love it if he actually did support United, would be a twist (or not perhaps). Sadly, he supports I far more scummy club with a fat cunt for a manager.

He did support United when he was a child, however now he does not officially. When you support a team as a child you don't lose that support when your an adult.

GorillaJu

Does anyone actually get wound up by Mourinho's comments? Surely to be a good troll, you have to be taken seriously?

Of course not. Who would take comments from someone watching on the sidelines seriously when we've seen replays on TV in slow motion?

All managers do this, Jose is just especially hilarious in how he doesn't even try to justify his bias.

L1NETT

Mourinho is a master. For the amount I hate him for playing fucking dull football, he is the fucking best. Is brilliant at deflecting attention from players onto himself.

--

Can't decide whether LordVincentTan on twitter is terrible or amazing.

He did support United when he was a child, however now he does not officially. When you support a team as a child you don't lose that support when your an adult.

You sure that isn't some twitter urban legend circulated on FIFA chatboards.

He supports Rotherham, has a season ticket, grew up there and is an honour ambassador for the club.

Pretty big fan.

faridmon

I would have celebrated that we are above Liverpool, but I just want us not to lose more games. That Sunderland game gave me the scare of my life. I am not gonna take anything for granted and I certainly wouldn't jinx it.

Fuck Sunderland!

Todays match demonstrated the difference of club size. Sakho asking for a jersey already at half time says it all.

Jose tactically outclassed the Liverpool side. Was Suarez on the pitch? No, I believe we saw more to Fernando the 10 minutes he was on than Suarez all match, he's on his way back to form. While Chelsea puts on a English international for their injuried player, Liverpool puts on a 12 year old and now the Liverpool supporters are talking about what they deserved and how the referee was with Chelsea.

The response from the liverpool goal was of the highest quality. We should all be happy and celebrate a Chelsea striker scoring.

Clegg

This has been a good Christmas period for United. But now we have some very difficult fixtures coming up. Need to win those to stay in touch.

LegoArmo

Izaguirre should prove that he's a real player by joining us and playing in a real league. I wipe my arse with an SPL medal wrapped in Andrex.

He's actually a bit shit, to be honest. It will be great when Celtic are in the Champions League next year and Liverpool finish 6th... You should come play up here, having a shit league isn't so bad!

I would have celebrated that we are above Liverpool, but I just want us not to lose more games. That Sunderland game gave me the scare of my life. I am not gonna take anything for granted and I certainly wouldn't jinx it.

Fuck Sunderland!

I can't believe you lost against them. Then again, so did we. They can beat good sides.

But holy shit.

What a shit club.

He's actually a bit shit, to be honest. It will be great when Celtic are in the Champions League next year and Liverpool finish 6th... You should come play up here, having a shit league isn't so bad!

In all seriousness, is it not boring just brushing aside every single team in the league with your only rivals out of the fray?

Baki

Notice how he gets no service against strong teams? He had one shot on target the whole game and it was a great one that unfortunately went straight at Cech. Every other time he had the ball, he was fouled. Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta all took turns getting yellows fouling Suarez off the ball.

What Chelsea did do well is stifle our midfield so Suarez never had the ball coming into his path/zone.

But this result and the City result are not an indication of Suarez's lack of quality, it's our midfield's lack of grit and composure to carve out opportunities for him to attack. He was feeding off scraps.

Imagine Suarez with Arsenal's midfield behind him. #Drool

LegoArmo

In all seriousness, is it not boring just brushing aside every single team in the league with your only rivals out of the fray?

We make a hard job of it, none of the players can be arsed, and the season was basically over in November.

So... yes.

Was a season a few years back where we played Rangers 7 times, that was fun.

subtles

I really don't like Lucas' role in this team. He doesn't control our play, and he doesn;t shield the back 4 either because he's played 10 yards too far forward
He just isn't the same as cliche as that sounds. I'm surprised at how poor he is going forward considering the fact that he used to play as an AM. When we're dominating he's very good at nicking the ball but he doesn't dictate play in those instances were we recover the ball when on the backfoot.

What frustrated me the most today was the number of mistakes we were making at this level. Chelsea just seemed do precise in comparison.

Top Bottom