• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This loss won't hurt Liverpool's title challenge. Two narrow losses away to Chelsea and City is not too bad.

Hull was bad

Salvadora

The Europa League is a guff competition regardless of them giving a Champions League place for the winner.

Think fifth will come down to Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and United potentially. It would be a poisoned chalice.

Carbonox

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Obertan stormed out when finding out he wouldn't be on the bench today.

pls obertrain the 80's called and they want e.t to come home

subtles

I really am appalled at how bad Johnson can be sometimes. Our flanks are not an outlet/impetus when the midfield is pressured, we lost the ball so many times there with Hazard/Willan surging towards goal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Europa League is a guff competition.

weep-and-die.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Love the result. Not sure I'll be sober enough for the Ravens game, but I'm elated to come away with the win here. We are a good side and I couldn't be happier with Mikel and Luiz.

jesalr

We're 2 points behind Liverpool. For how poor of a season we're having, and how good Liverpool seem to have been, this makes no sense.

Nothing would give me greater joy than to smash the everliving fuck out of Chelsea at Anfield

Spawny cunts. Everything about that club pisses me off, except for Mata and that woman who made a twat out of Patrick Barclay

Hixx

Lets reserve that question when the season ends
and when one team relegates and the other two qualify for Europe

Newcastle probably won't go down but I am looking forward to the Europa League next season.

Based League Cup. Based David Moyes.

What does based even mean

subtles

How good has Luke Shaw been this season? I remember all the raves he was getting at the start of the season but haven't heard much of him since his injury.

Liverpool have had their best start to the league in years and are still below Everton.

RT if u cri evrytiem

Man City are a mole on the arse of the football landscape, would be nothing without oil money, and will be nothing again when those corrupt twats depart

RT that, you cunt.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Liverpool have been exposed as the inexperienced outfit they are against City & Chelsea, both games were won by the more streetwise team who know how to grind out results.

Liverpool are currently designed to beat poorer opposition, not to battle for draws & narrow wins against strong teams.

As for the Europa League, it should be scrapped in favour of an old school UEFA Cup knockout format.

WTF happedn there?

Explanation required for the thicker head people like me.

If Jenkinson hurries up, he throws it to Bendtner who can either lob Krul, or run at the goal for a one-on-one as no Newcastle defenders were in position. Instead he wastes time by spending ages picking the ball up

Kyoufu

WTF happedn there?

Explanation required for the thicker head people like me.

Krul went up for a corner kick. They cleared it but got a throw in while Krul was running back. Bendtner is by himself unmarked. That moron just stands there instead of throwing the ball to Bendtner LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Salvadora

It's why we won't win the league.

Too gentlemanly.

Giroud waits for the (nonexistent) offside call to happen.

Jenkinson lets the Newcastle defenders get back.

faridmon

1. No money to be made in it (finishing in the spots required are worth the cash injection though but not the competition itself)
2. Even more punishing on squads than the Champions League due to shit schedules
3. Travels to Middle Earth to play some trampy goblin squad during a meteor storm a regular occurrence

It's a terrible terrible competition. Only Champions League teams win it as well for the most part.

For it to be remotely attractive, it either needs a rehaul or completely done away with and replaced with something else (or fuck, open up more spots for the Champions League, I dunno).

Unless you have a massive squad, it's not worth an ounce of effort and you will feel the same next season unless you buy loads of new players to fill over any cracks that will appear due to the schedule.

Who the fuck wants to play some team called Sheriff FC or some crackden wartorn club called Anzhi?

Maybe I'm biased because of how it ravaged our season last season (despite doing well to get to the Quarter Finals but we only ever played good in the Europa League and was too nackered to play in the Premier League as a result). Of course, it was also our fault for not investing in the squad until it was too late. Maybe we'd fare better with our current squad and stronger bench but I am not optimistic.

There is nothing remotely beneficial or cool about the Europa League unless you get to some stage where you play a top club like Juventus. That might put a smile on your face but enjoy playing variations of some carpenter and postmen club to gethere.

1- I agree about the money, however, ticket sold during those EL games should add a bit of a revenue, no?
2- How is it different from CL? yes, its bloated and the old knockout way of progressing is more favourable, but if you can't handle EL, you should stop trying for CL
3- again, how is it different from CL? Shacktar donesk and Napoli were in CL, yet Asenal had to play them. Do you know how energy draining that was? I would even say CL is worse as you have to play your top players as opposed to the lower tempo of the EL games.

I have stated before, the only different and the only beneficial side to the CL is the amount of money you receive. You play similar amount of games, you travel and you will get your team knackered from travelling to various places which includes .

You know what? If Newcastle is pussy enough not to want to play the EL, give it to us, we will show it how is it done.

faridmon

If Jenkinson hurries up, he throws it to Bendtner who can either lob Krul, or run at the goal for a one-on-one as no Newcastle defenders were in position. Instead he wastes time by spending ages picking the ball up

Why wasn't there a Newcastle player in the area in the first place? Don't tell me that it was a counter attack gone to a throw in, Newcastle must be slow as a snail if they can't track back fast enough for Arsenal to counter and have enough time to have a throw in...

Top Bottom